Home

2012 pass cov slider reversed

This is a discussion on 2012 pass cov slider reversed within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #41
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2012 pass cov slider reversed

After reading this entire thread and trying it myself just now (adjusting Pass Coverage sliders) in my offline All American Dynasty I am absolutely convinced the sliders are reversed.

I previously had my Pass Coverage sliders set at 55 for Human and 75 for CPU. What I had been seeing (every game) is that I was finding passing very easy and could hit the deep ball consistently with lots of blown coverages by the cpu. The cpu on the other hand had very little pass offense, around 50% at best completion % and never hit the deep ball.

I set the Pass Coverage slider at 65 for both Human and CPU and this game plays very, very differently now. I struggled passing now. The deep ball was no longer there, I threw 3 INT's (which I rarely do) and on short and medium passes the cpu defenders were all over my receivers and abused them after they caught the ball resulting in many dropped passes. On the other side, the cpu all of a sudden had a passing game thankfully. They completed 66% of their passes and completed two deep passes while throwing no INT's.

I'm telling you, by adjusting the Pass Coverage slider by 10 for both Human and CPU it made a pretty big difference. What I saw in just one game I didn't see in my previous 11 games that I played since I got this game this past weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Have you been testing this on Heisman? No offense to anyone who plays on AA or Varsity but you already know how I feel about any testing on those levels.
Yes, those numbers mentioned above were on Heisman. I always play on Heisman every year, except that I heard that varsity may not have the safety issue so I tried Varsity. The safety issue does not exisat on Varsity, but I can't get the AI offense to play well enough. You can make the AI varsity defense play very well.

Last edited by fistofrage; 08-22-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Have you been testing this on Heisman? No offense to anyone who plays on AA or Varsity but you already know how I feel about any testing on those levels.
Fistofrage actually tested on all levels. He's got sliders for both Heisman and Varsity and believe it or not passing is harder in his Varsity sliders than on Heisman. The fact that the CPU blitzes so much on Heisman actually makes it easier for the user to have a great passing game.

I agree with you that overall Heisman provides a better challenge, but not when it comes to the user pass offense VS the CPU pass defense.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
Fistofrage actually tested on all levels. He's got sliders for both Heisman and Varsity and believe it or not passing is harder in his Varsity sliders than on Heisman. The fact that the CPU blitzes so much on Heisman actually makes it easier for the user to have a great passing game.

I agree with you that overall Heisman provides a better challenge, but not when it comes to the user pass offense VS the CPU pass defense.
Exactly, that sums it up.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

It's threads like this that make me envy our 12 year old son... He just fires up the game, picks a slider difficulty level and just plays. Doesn't care one iota about any of this stuff we've set aside our lives for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
It's threads like this that make me envy our 12 year old son... He just fires up the game, picks a slider difficulty level and just plays. Doesn't care one iota about any of this stuff we've set aside our lives for.
Oh how I long for the good ole days when I could do that
Warriors
Sharks
Old 08-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #47
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
amen... if i had this game at age 12 i woulda been blooowwwnnn away lol

growing up sucks! lol

that being said.. im kinda at a loss for even testing.. u know its bad when you run out of ideas to test... i actually have settled on a set for personal use (doubt it would work for anyone else) THE ONLY THING keeping me from actually using it for a legit dynasty is....... long ball.. its a heisman set bc thats the only one i can lose on (realistically) and its just unusable due to the fact that i go down by 2 scores legitimately, then all i need to do is wait for the final two mins of half's and boom, i win in nail biting fashion... every.single.game.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd

I know Fist has a Heisman set but lately he wasn't promoting his Varsity set so I thought he was doing his testing with that set. Me and Fist put alot of work in on Madden 11 figuring out how certain sliders work so I know what he brings to the table..

We are definitely going to agree to disagree about Varsity pass defense being tougher then Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »