Home

Sliders Are Useless

This is a discussion on Sliders Are Useless within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #9
Rookie

Cynick's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders Are Useless

The sliders are broke as f***. I've done everything I can with them and I still beat USC 59-0. AA, Heisman, Hum all 0's, CPU all 100's, it doesn't matter the game is still no challenge at all, and the chances of getting patches to fix any problems that remain are slim to none since they already used up their 2 free patches limit. Way to kill my favorite game EA... way to go.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynick
The sliders are broke as f***. I've done everything I can with them and I still beat USC 59-0. AA, Heisman, Hum all 0's, CPU all 100's, it doesn't matter the game is still no challenge at all, and the chances of getting patches to fix any problems that remain are slim to none since they already used up their 2 free patches limit. Way to kill my favorite game EA... way to go.
thats because some sliders are reversed. Put your pass coverage to 100 and the AI pass coverage at 0 and you'll see what I mean.

There are definitely some sliders reversed, some are broken and don't work, and some I just don't know what they do.

I think its safer to say that sliders waste everybody's time because they don't work right. Unfortunately the game out of the box is garbage so you only have 2 choices...try to crack the code on the broken sliders or demolish the AI every time.

I'm about to release a new set of Heisman sliders that might give you a challenge. Play a game with Rascos sliders, they are pretty good too.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
thats because some sliders are reversed. Put your pass coverage to 100 and the AI pass coverage at 0 and you'll see what I mean.

There are definitely some sliders reversed, some are broken and don't work, and some I just don't know what they do.

I think its safer to say that sliders waste everybody's time because they don't work right. Unfortunately the game out of the box is garbage so you only have 2 choices...try to crack the code on the broken sliders or demolish the AI every time.

I'm about to release a new set of Heisman sliders that might give you a challenge. Play a game with Rascos sliders, they are pretty good too.
Talk to me about the pass coverage reversed slider thing. Are you saying if I upgrade the CPU pass coverage slider that it actually makes MY pass defense better? And vice versa?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextel Husker
Talk to me about the pass coverage reversed slider thing. Are you saying if I upgrade the CPU pass coverage slider that it actually makes MY pass defense better? And vice versa?
negative. Moving Hum PCV slider affects Hum players and CPU PCV affects CPU players, but on DYNASTY games, a slider of 0 = team full of champ baileys while a slider = 100 is a team of little league daisy pickers
Old 09-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

Is this still the case?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

I guess I am not as picky or I just suck at this game. Or maybe its cause I dont run the 4 verticals every play or ever. I am using the average of 4 or 5 guys on heres Hiesman set's. Playing with Arkansas I havent beat a team by more then 10 points and got smashed by Bama. And its the same way with the other 3 guys in our Dynasty. So idk, I guess we suck.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Pass coverage slider is not reversed.

CPU pcov 50 I had 700 pass yds

80 I have 130 and two picks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogbeefcake
Pass coverage slider is not reversed.

CPU pcov 50 I had 700 pass yds

80 I have 130 and two picks
I agree that pass coverage sliders are not reversed. We have been running an online dynasty and each year have been bumping CPU pass coverage up 10-20 at the end of each year, and each year you can see that the CPU covers better and the stats have shown it as well. Only thing is that it doesn't fix the deep ball enough as I have one person in my dynasty that cheeses the deep pass and averages over 20 yards a completion.

Still working on making CPU defense better though as I haven't lost yet with Kansas, had some close calls, but have pulled it out in the end. Each year, though, the CPU plays tougher, so we are making progress. If we could get the CPU to play better defense against the deep routes we would be on target with making the game what we want.

Last edited by montesixpac; 09-27-2012 at 04:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »