Home

Sliders are not broken guys!!!!

This is a discussion on Sliders are not broken guys!!!! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Sliders are not broken guys!!!!

Been on OS for a couple years now fellas and one thing i learned is that there is nothing a slider cant fix for any problems with the game. Ea over the years has done a fantastic job with adding AI tuning and player ratings on top of their game play updates. Everyone here doesnt play the same way but we all expect the same results. im here to talk to the real players not the i just blew FSU out 100-3 "it was a tough game" no....HELL NO! Im talking to Mr i check the game preview before i play, im speaking to I lost to Fla using alabama by 7....I beat CONN with UMD by 3.. Not mr cheese lol.

The first thing many of us do before we play a dynasty isnt tweak the sliders many of us change the game speed and player threshold. Why? "my 90 speed rb should get the corner on stundent body right with defense heavy left but they keep running me down".

Game tracks momentum so if you are HOME to start you already have it and if you away you need to score first to get so take that into consideration.

PLAYER THRESHOLD is the reason for the so called broken plays fellas. at 0 it increases the speed of the faster guys, at 100 is increases the speed of the slower guys. WHAT DOES IT DO AT 50? well if you think about any slider being reversed this would be the only slider....0=100 for fast, 100=100 for slow....if higest speed is 100 well say the lowest is 50 it only ups the speed of the 75 runners in my theory.

what does this mean...it means LINEMEN cant pull and make blocks down field, it means slower Rb that are impact players always take TFL....it mans slower LB's and DB's cant cover ground leaving holes in the pass coverage.

if you want to see this in action im giing you 2 sets to try (my sliders are totally different)

Remember Home team starts with momentum
user Heisman difficulty for both tests
1 set: 50 sliders
set all user sliders to 25 except wr/int 50
set all cpu off to 25 and def 0 except wr/int 50
plyr threshold 50

2 set: 100 sliders (just like All-American offline and Online)
set all user to 75 except wy/int 100
set cpu off to 75 and def to 50 except wr/int 100
plyr threshold 100

penalties and sp teams just leave at 50 your just testing.

first set would be for a sim style 15min qt and the second for half the time 7 or 8 min quarter. game speed will effect stats so for the 1st set go slow and the second normal.

now if say you see what im talking about and you like it but want more funk from the cpu increase their QB and Rb in the (1st set to 50) and in the (2nd set to 100). im asking you to use these because i just balanced the game out for you.

dont be so quick to change sliders guys always look at min and speed it can and will effect alot of things. hope this helps some of you out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sliders are not broken guys!!!!

In your opinion what does each slider in this game do and which sliders are paired to each other if applicable? Could you provide a comprehensive explanation please?

Secondly, has a dev confirmed that momentum plays a part in this game? I know this was aprt of the game in the PS2 days. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Remember Home team starts with momentum
user Heisman difficulty for both tests
1 set: 50 sliders
set all user sliders to 25 except wr/int 50
set all cpu off to 25 and def 0 except wr/int 50
plyr threshold 50

2 set: 100 sliders (just like All-American offline and Online)
set all user to 75 except wy/int 100
set cpu off to 75 and def to 50 except wr/int 100
plyr threshold 100

penalties and sp teams just leave at 50 your just testing.
Can you clean this up please? I know you were probably typing fast to get the information out bc it is exciting but I want to make sure I'm reading it correctly.

I kept trying to tell people about the bold text but nobody listens. Turning of Home Field Advantage Effects helps A TON in my opinion. Yeah, it probably makes the teams equal but the game just gives way too much of a boost to the home team. Personally I'd rather play at neutral than have that huge boost. When I was actually playing the games I'd beat some ranked teams at home and it was awesome but I figured out quickly I never could do it on the road. Not once. This is why. You will feel a greater sense of accomplishment with the HFA off and beating a top 25 team.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
In your opinion what does each slider in this game do and which sliders are paired to each other if applicable? Could you provide a comprehensive explanation please?

Secondly, has a dev confirmed that momentum plays a part in this game? I know this was aprt of the game in the PS2 days. Thanks.
Sorry for the late response. I'm at work but will go in-depth when I get home around 6pm est.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
Pro

Icon10 Re: Sliders are not broken guys!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Can you clean this up please? I know you were probably typing fast to get the information out bc it is exciting but I want to make sure I'm reading it correctly.

I kept trying to tell people about the bold text but nobody listens. Turning of Home Field Advantage Effects helps A TON in my opinion. Yeah, it probably makes the teams equal but the game just gives way too much of a boost to the home team. Personally I'd rather play at neutral than have that huge boost. When I was actually playing the games I'd beat some ranked teams at home and it was awesome but I figured out quickly I never could do it on the road. Not once. This is why. You will feel a greater sense of accomplishment with the HFA off and beating a top 25 team.
I was typing on my LG My Touch lol.
In game momentum gives a +25 boost to the home team, HFA is a -25 disadvantage to the away team which I see now effects both users and cpu. As the away team you have a -25 point disadvantage that goes up and down all game based on big plays and scores of course.

My sliders are balanced between user and cpu but user still has an advantage because we can react
quicker. In my dynasty I have my balanced sliders then I increase the qb/rba to mimic the user since
these out of all the sliders are the only position we controll 100% of the time. Unless your a cpu vs cpu kinda guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
Pro

If sliders aren't broken then how can the HUM QB on coach mode or autopass complete 70 to 80 % percent of passes consistently with the QB acc slider at 0, 50, or 100. I tried this on Heisman last night trying to find a fix and I put the slider first at 100, then 50, then 0. I saw no difference in play. I had pass blocking at 50 with pass rush at 75 (got sacked 6 times in the first half) and WR ctch first at 50 then moved it to 25. My QB completed 71%, his ratings are 87ovr, 90thp, 80 accur, 75awr. He was a machine. There is no fix for this other than manually editing the player ratings, which I don't know if I have the time to do. I understand what your saying does effect some sliders. Please tell me I am wrong so I can fix the accuracy problem. I would love to start playing this game, I haven't even started a dynasty yet. I hope EA tunes this problem. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't think sliders are completely broken. They are made primarily (I think) for user vs cpu, not coach mode or any of these other things. They are assuming a human is controlling one team for 4 quarters on both sides of the ball. I have seen some very good theories. The one thing I like about 0 threshold is the ability to break big plays. The higher threshold make sense about the run blocking thing and probably why it is difficult to set up certain plays in the playbook with different slider sets... timing issues.

The other problem I had with 50 or higher threshold was the lineman ability to run down players laterally such as Deanthony Thomas (Oregon) or Tavon Austin (WVU). Fast players that should not be ran down, and players that should be able to get the edge on defense more times than not. These are players that will flat out separate from everyone and leave people in the dust, and I don't see many breakaways period on higher thresholds. A higher thresh is worth looking at in regards to setting up all the other time plays such as WR screens, RB counters, QB traps, etc.

In my testing, I have found that pass coverage setting around 60-75 is good. I use a 1 star team in dynasties most of the time, so my line cannot give me time to hit 4 vert anyways. I have never found the passing glitch to be as annoying as others... I just love football and if I find a glitch stay away from exploiting it.

Right now I am using a hybrid slider set of all the biggest slider threads on this forum, haha.

Thanks for your insight.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
If sliders aren't broken then how can the HUM QB on coach mode or autopass complete 70 to 80 % percent of passes consistently with the QB acc slider at 0, 50, or 100. I tried this on Heisman last night trying to find a fix and I put the slider first at 100, then 50, then 0. I saw no difference in play. I had pass blocking at 50 with pass rush at 75 (got sacked 6 times in the first half) and WR ctch first at 50 then moved it to 25. My QB completed 71%, his ratings are 87ovr, 90thp, 80 accur, 75awr. He was a machine. There is no fix for this other than manually editing the player ratings, which I don't know if I have the time to do. I understand what your saying does effect some sliders. Please tell me I am wrong so I can fix the accuracy problem. I would love to start playing this game, I haven't even started a dynasty yet. I hope EA tunes this problem. Thanks for your input.
Re the QBA, use the Int Grounding penalty slider - this setting affects the QB's ability to avoid sacks and interceptions - lowering it will decrease his proficiency while raising will increase his proficiency to avoid sacks and interceptions. Work with this slider in combination to your QBA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »