Home

QB Accuracy Ratings

This is a discussion on QB Accuracy Ratings within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
QB Accuracy Ratings

I did a brief check into the QB Accuracy Ratings of all NCAA default QB's last night and came to the conclusion that only like 11 or 12 QB's have an accuracy rating of 90 or higher.

I moved the side bar down and when I was halfway down the QB accuracy rating was at 78.

Also, tested the awareness when editing the QB. Dropped my QB's awareness from 78 to 50 and he dropped from an overall rating of 90 to 79.

I think awareness is huge in this game. I tested this the other night and at 50 awr, he completed 54% of his passes with an accuracy rating of 84.

I also tested my QB by dropping the accuracy to 70 from 84 with an awareness rating of 78. He wasn't as accurate throwing some off throws. But, it appeared his awareness rating significantly affected his accuracy in comparision to only dropping the his accuracy rating.

The QB I currently play has throwing power of 90, accuracy rating of 84 and an awareness rating of 78. On autopass and coachmode he is a beast and completes close to 70 % of his passess. I have tried the sliders and they don't work to correct the accuracy issue. So in conclusion, I would think an accuracy rating of 84 would be high 50's in completion %, or maybe my expectations are too high. I have relentlessly complained that the QB's are too accurate and wish EA would at least tune the QB accuracy and Pass coverage sliders. I guess the alternative is editing player ratings, but when you drop the accuracy rating and awareness rating your QB's overall rating takes a big hit.

Anyway, thought this was interesting.

Last edited by Buckeye Country; 10-11-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: QB Accuracy Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I did a brief check into the QB Accuracy Ratings of all NCAA default QB's last night and came to the conclusion that only like 11 or 12 QB's have an accuracy rating of 90 or higher.

I moved the side bar down and when I was halfway down the QB accuracy rating was at 78.

Also, tested the awareness when editing the QB. Dropped my QB's awareness from 78 to 50 and he dropped from an overall rating of 90 to 79.

I think awareness is huge in this game. I tested this the other night and at 50 awr, he completed 54% of his passes with an accuracy rating of 84.

I also tested my QB by dropping the accuracy to 70 from 84 with an awareness rating of 78. He wasn't as accurate throwing some off throws. But, it appeared his awareness rating significantly affected his accuracy in comparision to only dropping the his accuracy rating.

The QB I currently play has throwing power of 90, accuracy rating of 84 and an awareness rating of 78. On autopass and coachmode he is a beast and completes close to 70 % of his passess. I have tried the sliders and they don't work to correct the accuracy issue. So in conclusion, I would think an accuracy rating of 84 would be high 50's in completion %, or maybe my expectations are too high. I have relentlessly complained that the QB's are too accurate and wish EA would at least tune the QB accuracy and Pass coverage sliders. I guess the alternative is editing player ratings, but when you drop the accuracy rating and awareness rating your QB's overall rating takes a big hit.

Anyway, thought this was interesting.
Buckeye If you can I would like you to keep working in this area. As far as I am concerned, and this just applies to me personally, editing the QB accuracy before the start of games will be the only way I won't feel as if I've cheated while dealing with this safety glitch.

I know for a fact that QB awareness impacts sim stats, but I was not aware that it could possibly impact the accuracy as passes in games. I will test this out soon.

Reducing THA definitely means a hit to the QBs overall, however, all you need to do is raise the THA of the opponent that you played back up to normal levels after the game in your dynasty. You can keep your own roster as is if you don't sim any of your games. Also can you be more specific about what you are seeing in coach mode with the AWR and THA edits? Are you seeing more catch animations due to balls being thrown high, low, underthrown, or overthrown? I know I see a massive difference.

Edit: I don't recommend lowering the AWR of your QB or the QB of the opposing team in coach mode. This will make them make horrible decisions much too often, not only in the passing game, but when they run the option and scramble. The goal is to make the passing more realistic by actually seeing some bad throws from time to time. We don't want to accomplish this by having the CPU make horrible decisions on every other play, so lowering the THA before games should do the trick.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-12-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: QB Accuracy Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Buckeye If you can I would like you to keep working in this area. As far as I am concerned, and this just applies to me personally, editing the QB accuracy before the start of games will be the only way I won't feel as if I've cheated while dealing with this safety glitch.

I know for a fact that QB awareness impacts sim stats, but I was not aware that it could possibly impact the accuracy as passes in games. I will test this out soon.

Reducing THA definitely means a hit to the QBs overall, however, all you need to do is raise the THA of the opponent that you played back up to normal levels after the game in your dynasty. You can keep your own roster as is if you don't sim any of your games. Also can you be more specific about what you are seeing in coach mode with the AWR and THA edits? Are you seeing more catch animations due to balls being thrown high, low, underthrown, or overthrown? I know I see a massive difference.

Edit: I don't recommend lowering the AWR of your QB or the QB of the opposing team in coach mode. This will make them make horrible decisions much too often, not only in the passing game, but when they run the option and scramble. The goal is to make the passing more realistic by actually seeing some bad throws from time to time. We don't want to accomplish this by having the CPU make horrible decisions on every other play, so lowering the THA before games should do the trick.
I tested these with the HUM player only in regular mode using autopass. I only use autopass. I will do some more testing hopefully tomorrow night. I did notice when lowering the awareness my QB threw 2 interceptions in back to back drives. A lot of his throws were in tight coverage causing an incompletion. I was thinking about this today. From an awareness standpoint, a lower awareness in theory would cause a QB to make poor decisions, such as throwing in tight coverage, missing reads, etc. I am looking for the QB who occasionally misses a pass, overthrows, throws out of bounds when appropriate. Unfortunately we are dealing with a video game with a broken slider, so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too bad. I didn't realize the CPU pass coverage slider was confirmed to be reversed, so this may help the issue. I didn't test this in coach mode. After my QB threw for like 80 % completion and burning the CPU on the deep ball I quit playing it. As far as the Wr animations, nothing stood out for me on that. I was playing CPU v CPU on freshman mode using a modified version of vgunn's slider set and noticed some cool animations from both the WR and RB's. I had the catch slider down to like 35 and the RB ability up to 75. Still doing some more testing, but it seems increasing the RB slider brought some cool stuff out. I wasn't see these animations when the RB slider was at 50. I actually saw a wr dive out of bounds laterally making a catch. It was an awesome catch, but called out of bounds. I also was playing with threshold at 0 and game speed was set to fast. I will see what I can figure out tomorrow when I get some free time. Thanks for your input, it is very valuable.

Last edited by Buckeye Country; 10-12-2012 at 06:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »