Home

Sundown2600 Unlock All Animations Slider set

This is a discussion on Sundown2600 Unlock All Animations Slider set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Sundown2600 Unlock All Animations Slider set

A lot of us have been wondering about all of these new animations that were supposedly added to this year's game. I have seen a few, but they are few and far between, but not anymore. The secret is to max out all of the Offensive and Defensive sliders.

Level: All American (Someone please test on Heisman because I have never been a Heisman player)

Game Speed: Slow (personal preference)

Threshold: 60 (Works great for me. This is a personal preference setting)

Quarter Length: (7-10min for accurate play count. I use 9)

Max out all sliders for both sides except:

WR Catching - 50 (At 100 the WRs had hands like glue on all difficulty levels. I feared lowering it would have a negative effect on catch animations, but it seems those are more influenced by RBA and QBA sliders. Very happy with this at 50, but lowering it is also a possibilty.)

TACKLING both sides - 50 (If the running game is too strong adjust accordingly, but don't raise it too high, as this will make it harder to see the tackle interaction animations. I think lowering it a bit could unlock a bit more, but the running game would be too easy. The hard hits are still very exaggerated, but lowering this slider more than 50 points lower than the RBA slider will cause a lot less fumbles by non-QBs. Where is our fumble slider EA?)

CPU PASS COV - 0 (CPU plays much better in man and zone with this set to 0. Props to FistofRage all credit due to him.)

Pass Blocking - 70 (Lowered to promote a more effective pass rush.)

Run Block - 60 0r 65 (Lowered as this was overpowering the Rush Defense. Pancake stats are more realistic. Also make sure that the blockers respect procedural awareness. If you go to practice mode and see O-lineman, TE, or FBs run passed a guy the should obviously block raise the slider by a click and test again.)

INT- 70 (Lowered due to high number of INTs thrown per game, but lowering it caused the DB glitch to become worse. I will consider taking this back to 100 and lowering the Cov sliders after some more testing.)

Special Teams, Auto Subs and Penalties are all personal preference.

EDIT: Lower INT to 70 for less INTs, but I saw the safety glitch return full blast when I did this. Drop the WR Catch slider to 70 for more drops. 100 is obviously too high to see a bunch of drops, but we lose catch animations in the process. Try lowering the QB accuracy of both QBs. Higher QB awareness could also possibly cut down on INTs.

Observations

First game using this set was me as Florida and the CPU as South Carolina. The game was in Columbia SC. I received the kickoff and got hit as SC scooped the ball up for a TD. On the ensuing kickoff I returned a kickoff for a TD. First one on this year's game on AA level...go figure.

Positives observed during the course of the game
  • RBs had full arsenal of moves at their disposal. More importantly they used them at the right times in the right situations.
  • Jukes way more affective as well as spins for the HUM and CPU. Out of all of my observations this stood out the most
  • More catch animations. Balls were ahead or behind my receivers without me leading them at times. (This is no doubt due to the maxed combo of the WR catch slider and the QB Accuracy slider)
  • Improved blocking and more impact blocks from both teams, Better blocking on special teams as well.
  • CPU QBs and RBs did not get caught behind the LOL as much, smarter play by the CPU QBs and RBs
  • I almost saw a punt blocked!!! First time ever in 13
  • Absolutely amazing secondary play. Wow! Coverage was air tight. All mistakes are punished.
  • Smarter AI across the board.
  • Amazing Tackle animations, most I had seen because I play with a low tackle slider anyway, but the maxed out RBA slider brought out all the best
  • DEs get pressure now without it being too predictable. One down could be a DT, next could be a DE. Sometimes you have time to throw and other times the D is on you quick.
  • Tough defensive games, but the big play is always lurking, so you can also score that way or on long drives. (Don't use low value thresholds!)
Negatives observed using this set
  • One dropped pass all game
  • INT rates are sky high for the HUM. If you force the ball you will pay (Not so bad lol)
  • DB glitch is still there, but I only saw it once in the first half. Not once in the second half
  • QBs still too accurate, but seemed to be a lot less accurate when pressured with this set. I will test this later by lowering the QB THA. If someone beats me to it all the better.
Guys check these out and let me know what you think. The roster set I used is the community PS3 set in ChicagoPax's locker. ChiCubz52. I have not used this set with the few teams I edited on my roster, but I will tomorrow morning.

Edit: I played 3 games this morning and In the first game I only saw the DB glitch one time. This is with INT set to 100 on both sides. The CPU threw 4 picks and I threw 3. That's pretty high so I lowered INT down to 70 for the next 2 games. The DB glitch came back more like normal. I will continue to test with values in between 70 and 100.

I also had to lower the WR Catch slider. Only one dropped pass all game in the first game. With it set at 80 I saw 2 drops in the following 2 games.

At this point I think we all agree that the QBA slider does not effect QB accuracy. From what I have seen in this test it is clear that this slider is a QB awareness slider, as a matter of fact all of the sliders seem to increase awareness as well as unlock the full potential and ability of the players. Even though the tackle slider is set at default I have observed a lot more tackle animations. I theorize that this is due to the RBA slider being maxed out, which allows the RB to use more moves, thus creating more angles for the tackler to hit. I have seen 4 non-QB fumbles in 4 games. No QB fumbles at all. More testing tomorrow morning after work.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-13-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Sundown2600 Unlock All Animations Slider set

Will definitely check these out man, i've been really really annoyed this year with the inability of any RB to juke any defender.

I post back with how it goes. Also what was the score from your game?

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 10-10-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #3
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

Updated the first post. Tuned sliders in order to prevent the OFF overpowering the DEF and vice versa. The most important thing to note is that the QBA slider and the RBA slider must be kept at 100. If any aspect of the game is too easy due to this then raise the difficulty level. Lowering the QBA slider WILL NOT make the HUM or CPU QB less accurate. The only thing that will happen is you will not have access to all of the catch animations and the CPU QB will not play as smart (E.G. Holding the ball too long and taking sacks, not picking the best running lane when scrambling, and making bad reads.) If a QB already has awareness under 70 and you lower the QBA slider you're making the game easier because the CPU QB is handicaped.

Also with the RBA slider it is very clear that this is an awareness and ability slider for all skill players on offense (and possibly the defense when they have the ball after a TO). In order for skill players to perform their best moves in the best possible situations you need to max this out. Lowering it has an adverse effect on awareness, it hurts ball carrier vision, and it hinders the ability of the AI to perform jukes, spins, trucks, and stiff arms.

FistofRage is currently testing a version of these on Heisman.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 10-13-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Something real funny happened man...this stuff just keeps getting crazier and crazier lol. I didn't download the patch with the added uniforms until Wednesday. Once I added it, I went and watched a CPU vs CPU game and bro...it REALLy unlocked animations for me. Of course I'm stuck on Freshman and I've edited my rosters so much that there is no turn backs. However, If I ever deviate from CPU vs. CPU and Coach Mode and get on the stickd myself, I will def be trying these!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #5
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll try these tomorrow and post stats afterwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

Arkansas vs South Carolina(me)
Score 17-49
First Downs 9-19
Total Off 311-504
Rushes-Yards-Td 13-59-2/38-204-3
Comp-Att-TD 19-30-0/17-22-4
3rd conv 3-8/7-9
4th conv 1-1/0-0
Red Zone TD-FG 3-1-1/4-3-0
Turnovers 5-3
Fumbles lost 2-0
Ints 3-3
T.O.P. 11:49-20:11
This was on Heisman Difficulty by the way. 8 minute quaters.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:54 AM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

I'm to the point now where I don't know what to think. I lowered all sliders to 0 and saw just as many animations as I did with this set. I can say that the line interaction is much better when you set Pass Block to 0 and Pass Rush to about 25-30. A lot less patty-cake going on and the D-line was very aggressive using power and finesse moves. I am also confused about the Run Def slider. It does not seem to work at all.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

I'll play another game tomorrow when I wake up and make some adjustments with the sliders while im playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »