Home

Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!!

This is a discussion on Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #33
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Biggest Problem With EA's Ratings: They Are Too High!!

Thought I would put this on this forum too. Me and this man right above me here /\ /\ /\ have possibly stumbled across something when it comes to the line interaction and the patty-caking going on..

It seems if you 0 out both offensive and defensive linemans strength you actually get "battles" between lineman instead of all that bouncing and patty-caking, just thought I would post this here as well.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Bro, I really cannot answer that man. I guess I would put it like this. If it's cost effective for you...and you still have a desire to play this game then I could see you going out and getting one. But, one thing I will say is this...this roster editing tool is geared towards Madden. So, for Madden it works in every way. As far as NCAA, it serves it's purpose as far as the basics are concerned. But, some features are useless for NCAA simply because it's coded for Madden. But, I say weigh it out based on your personal situation and if you got some cash to splurge with I could see you having some fun with it! It really cuts editing time down significantly though. Like I said on another post, it takes me all of 4 minutes per team to make the edits I wanna make(some being position specific edits) whereas it would take me AT LEAST 30 minutes minimum if I were doing it manually if that tells you anything; and I'm still trying to maneuver my way around so...
Tarheel, so you have been able to us XAN's editor? Ive been trying and following his instructions on his thread but every time i try to load the roster I always get the roster is corrupt error. the only attribute im trying to edit is strenght to 0 for both dline and o line, maybe we cant input those values, any help would be much appreciated.

TC
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #35
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Thought I would put this on this forum too. Me and this man right above me here /\ /\ /\ have possibly stumbled across something when it comes to the line interaction and the patty-caking going on..

It seems if you 0 out both offensive and defensive linemans strength you actually get "battles" between lineman instead of all that bouncing and patty-caking, just thought I would post this here as well.
This definitely works. GotMadSkillsSon was a big advocate of this with last year's game. He lowered the strength of all the OTs to help the DEs get passed them and use their special moves. I would love to do this but, it absolutely guts the ratings of trench players, especially Dlineman. For every 10 points strength deducted a DE looses about 2 points overall, a DT 3 points! That kills recruiting in dynasty. I know it works but I have no choice but to lower the P blk and P rush sliders to near 0. You get very similar results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #36
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

Have you tried Fist of Rages slider set with the player ratings adjustments?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #37
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
Have you tried Fist of Rages slider set with the player ratings adjustments?
Na man I haven't. Actually, with the new edits by way of the roster editors, I've been able to play almost near default sliders which is awesome b/c there is no built in advantage either way...just ratings taking over.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

Are you subtracting 10-15 points or 20-30 points?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »