Home

thumstyx NCAA 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on thumstyx NCAA 13 Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #329
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: thumstyx NCAA 13 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
As per the bolded text, I can tell you that using a crappy team is a big part of it. As the talent base improves, it will get better. The biggest thing to remember is to play within the confines of your players' (particularly at the QB position) talents. Using shorter patterns will mitigate this to a certain extent, but it is still going to be an uphill climb for your team.
Yeah, because I like to watch games from time to time (usually the big matchups) and the CPU is realistic in its INTs/fumbles.

The one thing I wish this game had was recruiting sliders. It's kinda sad how easy on Heisman it is to recruit. I recruit 15 players at a time (40 mins per player) and maybe it's the way I recruit that allows an easier time with a 1 star New Mexico State to have the 10th best class after having a 6-6 season then a 3-9 season the following year(year of the 10th recruiting class.) It was sad that I could swoop in on 4 star recruits and get them with ease, that I wish the CPU was more aggressive on players. Maybe I'll change up how I recruit to only 30 mins per players. But being able to get 3 4* recruits along with a good 15+* recruits in ease is sad. It sucks that I have to limit myself sometimes (looking at 30 mins per recruit like I said or only 1* above team prestiege to limit good players coming to NMSU.) It's something I wish for in next gen games is that recruiting slider for aggression, BPA vs. Depth style recruiting. Oh well.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #330
Rookie

OVR: 3

Been using these sliders for about 12 games or so. At first I was in love with them. Played really smoothly and brought about realistic results (minus a few adjustments to make the CPU better). But now after I keep trying to make it harder and bumping the CPU sliders, it seems easier.

Is it possible that with the sliders being so messed up that messing with these sliders too much has made the game easier? It doesn't make any sense, but idk what it is.

I just finished a game against Louisville (I'm FIU) and I beat them in OT 23-20. The game really didnt seem that challenging and Teddy Bridgewater didnt really do much. I was hoping for more of a challenging/dominating performance by the CPU.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #331
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
Yeah, because I like to watch games from time to time (usually the big matchups) and the CPU is realistic in its INTs/fumbles.

The one thing I wish this game had was recruiting sliders. It's kinda sad how easy on Heisman it is to recruit. I recruit 15 players at a time (40 mins per player) and maybe it's the way I recruit that allows an easier time with a 1 star New Mexico State to have the 10th best class after having a 6-6 season then a 3-9 season the following year(year of the 10th recruiting class.) It was sad that I could swoop in on 4 star recruits and get them with ease, that I wish the CPU was more aggressive on players. Maybe I'll change up how I recruit to only 30 mins per players. But being able to get 3 4* recruits along with a good 15+* recruits in ease is sad. It sucks that I have to limit myself sometimes (looking at 30 mins per recruit like I said or only 1* above team prestiege to limit good players coming to NMSU.) It's something I wish for in next gen games is that recruiting slider for aggression, BPA vs. Depth style recruiting. Oh well.
I hear ya' about recruiting. One thing I have considered doing is not allowing myself to offer "promises". I think they are overpowered for small schools and allow you to compete with the big schools too readily for higher level recruits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #332
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I hear ya' about recruiting. One thing I have considered doing is not allowing myself to offer "promises". I think they are overpowered for small schools and allow you to compete with the big schools too readily for higher level recruits.
Another thing I'm doing is only recruiting players with the same caliber (*) as my team's prestige rating i.e. 1 star teams can only recruit 1 star players and so on. I only vary from this if the contract calls for signing a top 1000 player or 5 2*'s or whatever.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #333
SKI-U-MAH

thumstyx's Arena

OVR: 7

In the words of Bonecrusher...

"It's football time... Once again it's on.."

Looking forward to tweaking some sliders

Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #334
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumstyx
In the words of Bonecrusher...

"It's football time... Once again it's on.."

Looking forward to tweaking some sliders
I was seriously hoping you'd say that!!! As soon as I get it, I am going to start at default Heisman, slow speed, baseline sliders. I have a 32-team tournament set up with a wide variety of teams so I can try out different matchups.

One other thought, the '13 set played pretty well on the demo...maybe we can start from there too.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #335
SKI-U-MAH

thumstyx's Arena

OVR: 7

Gentleman,

My apologies for the false start...

I have been busy down at "The Bank" supporting my Gophers whilst they continue to shock the world! (and other stuff...)

We're coming for you "Becky"...

But I digress...

I will be diving into NCAA 14 once again to create a competitive, authentic and statistically sound slider set

There will be some serious time spent in the lab before I offer a beta

Thanks for all those who supported and assisted in testing this slider set last year

No false starts this time
Stay tuned

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #336
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Thumstyx, hope all is well...Are you going to make sliders for NCAA 14? Thank you in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »