Home

Charter04's NCAA 14 Demo Slider testing

This is a discussion on Charter04's NCAA 14 Demo Slider testing within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Charter04's NCAA 14 Demo Slider testing

I am not sure if everything in the demo will work the same as the retail game but, I'm going to start working on sliders now. I have been testing penalty sliders and they seem to be working the same as always.

I do think they still effect gameplay. I had false start, clipping, facemask, and roughing the passer called but, that was it. I turned them all up to 100 to see what was called. I think OPI and DPI sliders still don't do much except effect game play.
Now I'm just using default Penalties so I can test the sliders right.

Difficulty: Heisman

Speed: Normal

Threshold: 50

Game Play Sliders (User/CPU)

QB Accuracy: 5/5
Pass Blocking: 10/35
WR Catching: 45/45
RB Ability: 50/55
Run Blocking: 0/5
Pass Coverage: 0/25
Interception: 0/25
Rush Defense: 0/20
Tackling: 30/30

This is were I am at this point. It's still a little easy but, I'm trying to get it to a point were its a challenge but, not just boosting the CPU. For some reason when you start low with the sliders it seems the ratings of players are used more.

I love the gameplay in the demo. I feel sliders will make this game really, really good.

Any ideas or questions welcome.

Last edited by charter04; 07-05-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Charter04's NCAA 14 Demo Slider testing

Glad you confirmed the penalty sliders still work roughly the same. This should be of enormous help this year as people put sliders together. I remember last year ILive4This and Authentic worked for a couple of months on a good slider set after NCAA 13 came out. They finally got so frustrated that they ultimately said to go to default everything. I think the reason is that they weren't compensating for penalty sliders (which we didn't know the impact of early on). Had we known it then, I am confident they would have succeeded.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I played a game with my above settings. Heisman default but, raised user coverage to 65. I changed the penalties to the 0 OPI and DPI. I made the other changes to the penalties that affect gameplay. It was a good game. A&m handed it to me but, it was fun. I lost but had fun.

I want to lower the CPU QB accuracy but, I fear it will also affect their overall play. I love that the CPU is a challenge.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

Hopefully I get the Demo Tuesday Since I have Silver Membership

I will help you out with these

Questions tho

How does the Defense react to the Offensive plays? Does it feel Natural and Fluid or Physic Play-calling

How is the Line Play?

Overall, How do you feel about the game

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 06-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Hopefully I get the Demo Tuesday Since I have Silver Membership

I will help you out with these

Questions tho

How does the Defense react to the Offensive plays? Does it feel Natural and Fluid or Physic Play-calling

How is the Line Play?

Overall, How do you feel about the game
The reaction seems pretty good to me. You can really tell the difference between playing Bama and a lower rated defense.

The line play is much improved.

I'm very happy with it so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I decided to try out starting from all 0's and working up from there. It was pretty cool.

The first thing I had to raise was user and CPU pass accuracy. I raised both up to 5. That worked pretty good for both.

I gotta say the pass and run blocking held up great. It played out more realistically to me.

The RB's and receivers did good too. I might raise the RBA to 5 and see how it goes.

I even had one of my players catch an int.

The only other things I'm going to try on 5 is CPU tackle and CPU coverage.

The foot planting and IE 2 are a great foundation and I think lower sliders bring out ratings based game play.

This was on Heisman, normal, 50
Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

Charter, i am extremely excited for this years ncaa 14. I've been playing the demo and i am gery impressed. I've been reading the posts and I'm trying to peice together what your settings are at. Can you please illustrate them in a breakdown the way you do on 13 or explain something in that nature so i can understand. Thanks so much Charter.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins
Charter, i am extremely excited for this years ncaa 14. I've been playing the demo and i am gery impressed. I've been reading the posts and I'm trying to peice together what your settings are at. Can you please illustrate them in a breakdown the way you do on 13 or explain something in that nature so i can understand. Thanks so much Charter.
Well these are not sliders yet because I need to wait on the retail version first. This is a testing of sliders thread. If you want to try some stuff out for me that would be awesome.

Right now I'm testing Heisman, normal speed, and 50 threshold. Default penalties.
I've got everything at 0 except for CPU and User QB acc at 5. CPU pass defense at 5 and CPU RBA 5.

I'm starting at all 0's and working up.

I will start an official Slider thread as soon as I can test on the retail version

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »