Home

IL4T & authentic's NCAA Football 14 Slider Project

This is a discussion on IL4T & authentic's NCAA Football 14 Slider Project within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
IL4T & authentic's NCAA Football 14 Slider Project

SEE POST 2 FOR SLIDERS!

Alright guys, NCAA Football is back and is looking pretty solid this year. IL4T and I did a slider project last year and I feel like the whole community really had a good year. We learned a lot from other slider makers and we may have influenced other slider makers as well. I have never taken this process as a competition, but as a goal for our community to better this game. Our goal is simply that, we want to provide a great football experience to sim players, and people who may be new to the game.

With that said, we encourage everyone to take part and post your findings of the game so far. The more data we have, the better our foundation set is going to be. We want a community effort, because it's not just about the slider makers. Yes, our names go on the thread, but there are numerous users that assisted us last year, and IL4T and I cannot be thankful enough for the help you guys present to us.

Last year we did slider sets for every single playing level. We plan on doing the same process, but as usual, we'll start with the more popular playing levels first. I have an emphasis on actually testing Coach Mode this year and doing some sliders for it. I also want to get into User vs User action, and even CPU vs CPU for you guys that enjoy that type of thing.

IL4T and I do a lot of testing, last year almost too much. We constantly communicate outside of OS, which helps us always be on the same page.

This game feels like a better game, and with your help as always, IL4T and I will provide a true simulation football game. Start your testing and we'll start ours, because it feels like a Friday/Saturday night right now! Game on!

Last edited by authentic; 07-11-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
All Star

authentic's Arena

Re: IL4T & authentic's NCAA Football 14 Slider Project

Beta Sliders V1.0

Offensive/Defensive Skill: Heisman (in the end, Heisman provides the most balanced mix of realism and competition - however, I've been working on a hybrid set so stay tuned on that.)
Quarters: 9 min
Game Speed: Normal (couldn't really decide on this between Normal and Slow - will be open to what y'all think)
Threshold: 39

Offsides/False Start: 99
Holding/Facemask: 59
OPI/DPI: 50 (unsure on what to do with this - may do 0)
KR/PR Interference: 0
Clipping: 54
Intentional Grounding: 51
Roughing The Passer: 51
Roughing The Kicker: 1

QBA: 5/5
PBL: 55/45
WRC: 30/35
RBA: 45/45
RBL: 40/35
PCV: 30/30
INT: 40/40 (may lower - still a tad high)
RDF: 50/55
TAK: 40/45
FGP: 35/35
FGA: 40/40
PP: 35/35
PA: 65/65
KOP: 30/30

Last edited by authentic; 07-11-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
All Star

authentic's Arena

--Reserved--
Old 07-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #4
All Star

authentic's Arena

---Reserved---
Old 07-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #5
All Star

authentic's Arena

----Reserved----
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
All Star

authentic's Arena

Guys, when you test and leave box scores or whatever, be sure to put the difficulty, minutes, game speed, etc so we know what you were using. It's under way and moving fast, but it takes time to get enough data to get a base. Post your findings and it'll go a long way. Recognition will be the same this year, first post listing will be up again for top posters.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Authentic- what's your feeling about the conclusion you came to last year where keeping things as close to default as possible helped the most.

I know that penalty sliders affect gameplay
Auto subs caused those wonky glitches to lose your top players at the end if the game. This should be taken into acct when ppl post scores and stats too... Bc the penalty sliders will affect how the players play.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Authentic- what's your feeling about the conclusion you came to last year where keeping things as close to default as possible helped the most.

I know that penalty sliders affect gameplay
Auto subs caused those wonky glitches to lose your top players at the end if the game. This should be taken into acct when ppl post scores and stats too... Bc the penalty sliders will affect how the players play.
I think the main reason I came to that conclusion was because the game had so many flaws and we were really frustrated with it. We tested default and found that the gameplay still was just as flawed and it was very frustrating.

I agree about penalties and auto subs, be sure to let us know what you're doing, so we can take that into account.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »