Home

Penalty Slider impact on Gameplay in NCAA 14 - Slider Set included

This is a discussion on Penalty Slider impact on Gameplay in NCAA 14 - Slider Set included within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #97
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty Slider impact on Gameplay in NCAA 14 - Slider Set included

So I am in a dynasty with my roommates. I used your slider set and it's been great so far. My roommate runs option on every play and he always gets 10 yards or more every time. So is there a slider set that I can use to lower the amount of yards he gets on each option play?
Old 09-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #98
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy32717
So I am in a dynasty with my roommates. I used your slider set and it's been great so far. My roommate runs option on every play and he always gets 10 yards or more every time. So is there a slider set that I can use to lower the amount of yards he gets on each option play?
My current slider set is hosted in the current thread....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ncaa-14-a.html
Old 06-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #99
Just started!

So happy i these boards and a community still exists for people who love this game. Found the sliders yesterday best i have used since i bought the game years ago thank you.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #100
Rookie

switch8's Arena

so just curious as ive messed around with sliders for yrs now as have many im curious tho with your explaining of the off fs sliders regarding the threashold being 60ish but what if u play with 0 u said the sliders should be low so dont throw things off im just wondering what u feel is low 30's 40's ?
Old 11-04-2021, 05:27 AM   #101
Rookie

PreezyBeatz777's Arena

What does the clipping penalty do? I'm working on sliders and I've been contemplating my next move.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2021, 03:57 PM   #102
Rookie

PreezyBeatz777's Arena

NEW SLIDERS TEST

I'm setting the threshold at 95 to narrow the disparity between slow and fast players. That's why we see the fatigue drop from the CPU in the 2nd half. There's to much separation that comes from the USER and CPU talent gap that creates unrealistic advantages. This feature also controls the momentum within the game, which is highly important for both sides of the ball. I'm setting the game speed at slow to study animations and player movement as well.

I'm setting offensive skill at Heisman, because the USER offense is built to score. This will help the CPU defense decrease momentum plays and help the game feel unpredictable. I'm then setting the defensive skill to All-American to help the CPU offense increase momentum and stay alive in the 2nd half. This game is built for the USER and if we go to the extreme and build a tone we can have a fun unpredictable game with challenges.

If I can set the tone right I can build the penalty sliders and game sliders easier around that tone to make the game play even better. I'm studying field position, number of snaps, talent separation, game management, and momentum shifts. I'm watching hours of film of player movement and changing how the game is played entirely. This video game has unrealistic speed, bad field management, unrealistic stats at times, and each game feels to predictable.

I'm officially testing sliders with teams of 90 Overall vs 75 Overall. This will help me set a tone and find a rhythm. Then I'll test teams of 90 over vs 90 overall to see how games play out. Each game is different in a dynasty so I'm keeping that in my mind as well.

Check this thread for insights and sliders!

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d-sliders.html

Last edited by PreezyBeatz777; 11-07-2021 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Errors and information

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »