Home

Ben's Hybrid Slider Set

This is a discussion on Ben's Hybrid Slider Set within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Ben's Hybrid Slider Set

Hey guys, a few people have been asking me for my slider set so I figured I'd just post them over here. Nothing is set in stone, but I'm of the belief that we don't need to veer too far away from default this year. Of course, all suggestions and thoughts on the slider set are welcome!

Offensive Skill: Heisman
Defensive Skill: All-American
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
Quarter Length: 9 Minutes
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 45-50

Penalties: I've left pretty much everything at default. As it stands, I'm not sure how this affects gameplay, so it's probably best to just leave them alone for now. Unfortunately, you won't see many penalties.

Sliders:

QBA: 5/5
RBA: 80 (CPU)
RB: 75 (CPU)
PBL: 50/60
PCV: 60/55
INT: 45/45
FGA: 5/40
KOP: 40/45

Enjoy!

Version 2 (harder set):

Heisman/Heisman

Threshold: 45
Quarter Length: 9 minutes

Sliders:

QBA: 5/5
PB: 50/50
WRC: 50/50
RBA: 50/50
RB: 50/40
PCV: 50/50
INT: 40/40
RD: 55/50
Tackling: 50/45

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

Last edited by BenGerman; 07-19-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ben's Hybrid Slider Set

So I asked this and others must not be sure how it works, maybe you can help me

If I'm trying to make a hybrid set, heisman offense AA defense, should I have the following formula:

Following sliders set to heisman numbers:

User - QBA, pass block, catching, run block, run ability
CPU - rush defense, tackling, pass defense, int

Following sliders set to AA numbers

User - rush defense, tackling, pass defense, int
CPU - QBA, pass block, catching, run block, run ability

Or am I doing it wrong?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
So I asked this and others must not be sure how it works, maybe you can help me

If I'm trying to make a hybrid set, heisman offense AA defense, should I have the following formula:

Following sliders set to heisman numbers:

User - QBA, pass block, catching, run block, run ability
CPU - rush defense, tackling, pass defense, int

Following sliders set to AA numbers

User - rush defense, tackling, pass defense, int
CPU - QBA, pass block, catching, run block, run ability

Or am I doing it wrong?
I think you have it right! Like I said, I feel the game plays pretty well close to default on the Heisman/AA difficulty. Next time you play a game, post some stats. We'll see how it turns out for you, and if you the numbers still look wonky to you, we'll try and figure it out.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Just played an incredible game against Michigan, as South Carolina.

South Carolina Gamecocks at Michigan Wolverines
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#8 South Carolina Gamecocks ()700714
Michigan Wolverines ()3140320
Team Stats Comparison
SCARMICH
Total Offense126332
Rushing Yards10858
Passing Yards7/14 (108)22/29 (278)
First Downs217
Punt Return Yards1141
Kick Return Yards17272
Total Yards
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion1/97/15
4th Down Conversion0/21/1
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0-0-06-1-2
Penalties
Posession Time11:0320:57

Notes:
  • As you can see, I pretty much got handled. The only reason it was even this close was because I returned a kick with Ellington, and broke a long run on my first drive.
  • Michigan had excellent late game play-calling. They ran the ball just about every play under five minutes.
  • I don't think I've ever been shut out like that offensively.
  • It was pretty clear USC had the better defensive line (5 sacks), but UM easily had the better WR's. I learned a little bit too late that I should have been calling more zone. It worked well once I committed to zone and letting my front four get pressure.
  • Almost all of Michigans carries went for 3 or 4 yards, but they did have a couple of longer ones. They would have had around 100 yards if it weren't for Clowney and the sacks.
  • Saw a few really cool plays that exemplified rating differential. On a 3rd and 1, Clowney split the OL and got to the running back before he could make the first down.
  • Another cool example I saw was Conner Shaw threw a perfect pass that got dropped, and then picked off my UM. They ran the very same play their next drive, and their impact WR caught it, broke a tackle, and then juked my safety for a TD.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I've been using these sliders for my past four games and have had competitive games each time.

Last night I played Penn St (me) and Wisconsin and lost 21-14. They actually were winning 21-0 in the 4th Quarter and I scored twice in the last 3-4 minutes to make it some what respectable.

* this was with 8 minute quarters

Here's the Box Score:

Penn State Nittany Lions at Wisconsin Badgers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Penn State Nittany Lions ()777021
Wisconsin Badgers ()0001414
Team Stats Comparison
PSUWIS
Total Offense1421
Rushing Yards42105
Passing Yards248138
First Downs1512
Punt Return Yards2339
Kick Return Yards1073
Total Yards290243
Turnovers20
3rd Down Converstion2-118-14
4th Down Conversion1-20-0
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1-12-2
Penalties1-100-0
Posession Time16:4615:14
Penn State Nittany Lions
Wisconsin Badgers

My QB was 20-33 (60%), 248 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Their QB was 13-17 (76%), 138 yards, 1 TD

*Each team had three sacks

My RB's
Starter - 15 att, 48 yards, 3.2 Avg
Backup - 4 att, 11 yards, 2.7 Avg
FB - 1 att, 4 yards

Their RB's
Starter - 29 att, 111 yards, 3.8 Avg, 2 TDs
Backup = 1 att, 3 yards

Wisconsin's QB'S completion % was a little high, but they mostly threw short passes. I can really only remember 1 completion where the ball traveled more than 10-12 yards.

Overall, I think this is a good slider set. Especially for those that are making the move from AA to Heisman, but have trouble with the CPU's offense.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Looks great! Glad you're enjoying them. One thing I've noticed about the CPU passing game is you get what you give. Against teams with better WR's, I've been playing more zone and less tight coverage. It's more just containing the opponents offense and hoping they make a mistake.

I played a game as Alabama last night against Auburn and absolutely DOMINATED the secondary. Mostly tight, man to man coverage with a mix of zone blitzes. I can't remember the exact number, but I held them to well below 150 yards passing, and had two interceptions.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying defense is broken, and I couldn't disagree more. I'm seeing a ton of defensive battles, and have yet to have a game where more teams score 30+ points. Oregon scored 37 on me once, and that was with UCLA.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #7
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Looks great! Glad you're enjoying them. One thing I've noticed about the CPU passing game is you get what you give. Against teams with better WR's, I've been playing more zone and less tight coverage. It's more just containing the opponents offense and hoping they make a mistake.

I played a game as Alabama last night against Auburn and absolutely DOMINATED the secondary. Mostly tight, man to man coverage with a mix of zone blitzes. I can't remember the exact number, but I held them to well below 150 yards passing, and had two interceptions.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying defense is broken, and I couldn't disagree more. I'm seeing a ton of defensive battles, and have yet to have a game where more teams score 30+ points. Oregon scored 37 on me once, and that was with UCLA.
I hear ya man. It's never as good as they say it is and it's never as bad as they say it is. The Zone Defense needs a little help but to fix it, I use my MLB when I'm in zone. Problem solved.

I like the direction of these sliders because I think the game plays very well with Heisman for O and AA for D. I still have everything set to default and haven't had any statistical anomalies. My only other sort of house rule is that I use Ask Coach to call plays and select from the top 3 choices about 90% of the time. I still use audibles and mix up press and soft coverage.

Most of the time the CPU QB is around 60%. I just had a great game against Alabama as TAMU in a Season mode game. McCarron was 18-30 and I stopped them on 4th and 7 late in the game to hold on 24-20. Was getting excellent pressure all game long and forced a lot of bad throws. Pressure is the key to realistic passing percentages. I used the conservative setting in the adjustments screen because AJ won't scramble and it lead to a ton of pressure even when I was only rushing 4.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I hear ya man. It's never as good as they say it is and it's never as bad as they say it is. The Zone Defense needs a little help but to fix it, I use my MLB when I'm in zone. Problem solved.

I like the direction of these sliders because I think the game plays very well with Heisman for O and AA for D. I still have everything set to default and haven't had any statistical anomalies. My only other sort of house rule is that I use Ask Coach to call plays and select from the top 3 choices about 90% of the time. I still use audibles and mix up press and soft coverage.

Most of the time the CPU QB is around 60%. I just had a great game against Alabama as TAMU in a Season mode game. McCarron was 18-30 and I stopped them on 4th and 7 late in the game to hold on 24-20. Was getting excellent pressure all game long and forced a lot of bad throws. Pressure is the key to realistic passing percentages. I used the conservative setting in the adjustments screen because AJ won't scramble and it lead to a ton of pressure even when I was only rushing 4.
I do the exact same thing, and it works fine. I usually do the ask coach thing, but I'm finding that it isn't such a big deal this year. All plays seem to work about as well as they should, and nothing seems too overpowered to me.

I've heard people mention slants as a being completed at too high of a rate, but I think it's fine. I read somewhere that a slant route is the most used route in college football - and it makes sense, because its a hard play to stop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »