Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 05:21 PM   #8705
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Matt, thanks for all your work.
Quick question: whose rosters do I download that correlates with your sliders (coaches aggression)?
I'm on PS3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 10:29 PM   #8706
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuDu4
Matt, thanks for all your work.
Quick question: whose rosters do I download that correlates with your sliders (coaches aggression)?
I'm on PS3.
Any roster should work fine. I used a mix of rosters that incorporated the 50/50 aggression and the ones that use default.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #8707
Just started!

cross45's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Are the sliders in the original post still the same or have any of them been tweaked?
Old 10-23-2016, 11:55 PM   #8708
Just started!

Hi all,

NCAA 14 noob here - since my real-life team (Oregon) is sucking it up, I decided to take the NCAAFB plunge and finally installed on my 360. Trying to figure out the best settings for realistic but enjoyable dynasty gameplay.

Are the settings in the first post the most "current", or are they somewhere else in the thread's 1000+ pages?

Any other advice for a new player to get a satisfying & challenging experience?

Also, are these setting designed for human controlled players? And if so, what are the best parameters of control - i.e. do you control QB passing & RBs only, or also switch to WRs while the ball's in the air (I've found this challenging as hell starting out). Same with D - are there any good rules of thumb for which defender positions to take over?

Thanks in advance! So many variables in this game it's daunting to figure out which are best...
Old 11-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #8709
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosPatos
Hi all,

NCAA 14 noob here - since my real-life team (Oregon) is sucking it up, I decided to take the NCAAFB plunge and finally installed on my 360. Trying to figure out the best settings for realistic but enjoyable dynasty gameplay.

Are the settings in the first post the most "current", or are they somewhere else in the thread's 1000+ pages?

Any other advice for a new player to get a satisfying & challenging experience?

Also, are these setting designed for human controlled players? And if so, what are the best parameters of control - i.e. do you control QB passing & RBs only, or also switch to WRs while the ball's in the air (I've found this challenging as hell starting out). Same with D - are there any good rules of thumb for which defender positions to take over?

Thanks in advance! So many variables in this game it's daunting to figure out which are best...
Sliders are most important for the guys you don't control. On defense I usually control the MLB and sometimes I'll do a blitzing DB or safety who is covering the RB in man. On offense I usually try to let the WR catch itself unless I have to take over to prevent an INT.

I've enjoyed this set so far, but the defensive pass blocking is a little weak. Through 6 games my team has 34 sacks. And I've faced good teams (top 5 Alabama, top 5 Georgia tech, 99 offense Georgia). It's the AI of the QB. When they scramble they do it stupidly and their play calling is pretty bad so that inflates it. But straight up pass blocking is fine.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:47 PM   #8710
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

First off, thanks for all the hard work in the sliders!

Tried them out in my coach mode dynasty with 88 Wake F visiting 84 Virginia. Lol - thought they were going to be too easy as I jumped out to a 24-7 lead early in the 2nd quarter but then "old mo" shifted in a big way as the Cavs tied the score at 27 after 3. I would eventually win 34-27 and the game looked great.

Questions - only had 4 penalties, and zero fumbles.

Is this due to small sample size or do these sliders have issues with that.

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!!
Old 11-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #8711
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan32
First off, thanks for all the hard work in the sliders!

Tried them out in my coach mode dynasty with 88 Wake F visiting 84 Virginia. Lol - thought they were going to be too easy as I jumped out to a 24-7 lead early in the 2nd quarter but then "old mo" shifted in a big way as the Cavs tied the score at 27 after 3. I would eventually win 34-27 and the game looked great.

Questions - only had 4 penalties, and zero fumbles.

Is this due to small sample size or do these sliders have issues with that.

Thanks again for all your hard work!!!!
Just about any slider set will have those issues, it is more of a game issue....particularly with penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #8712
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Just played another game. This time 88 WF @ 81 BC.
They got out of the gates early and never let up as we lost 41-10.

I tried the Strip Ball, Big Run, Hold Block longer settings and saw four fumbles, two recovered by opposition. Saw a few more missed tackles obviously and am going to give it an hour or two before I report on our visit to Syracuse.

Oh yes, my QBs got sacked 10 times - 5 with my scrambler, 5 with his backup whose balanced. No time at all to throw ball - I'm wondering what effect my WR corps might have to do with this (best is 85)....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »