Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Great work so far guys...so let me get this right, for cpu v cpu are you saying I need to set the cpu offense to varsity and the defence to heisman?

Thanks
I set everything up as it is on the front page. UNC leads Middle Tenessee State 20-0 @ half. MTSU has 3 turnovers to UNC's 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #82
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

UPS dropped it off, will get a game in with these before work soon as the wife gets off the TV
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #83
Rookie

I'm 27 years old, married, and coach college basketball....and this is the first time I've been this excited for this game since the current generation began. I have butterflies in my stomach excited to play! Lol. Thanks guys for your hard work! It is much appreciated.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #84
Rookie

WoOkiE FTW's Arena

OVR: 2

Hopefully you guys can get it perfected with the tuner on. Will hopefully be using these for our OD.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #85
Rookie

Curious...what are you guys using for your auto subs?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #86
Rookie

Observations from my first game with these:

I'm pretty good with the sticks, having swept both the NCAA and Madden tournaments while on deployment last year, so I will admit I was skeptical of playing on Varsity for the CPU's defense. That being said, I am decently impressed with the game I just played.

I want a challenge when I play without it being cheesy. I want to have to focus against every team I play or I might lose, just like in real life. I love defensive struggles and trying to figure out how to execute against the opponent. For this game, I was Alabama against Ole Miss @ Bryant-Denny. I played this same game last night when I got the game on default All-American and I was destroying them 28-0 at halftime.

With these sliders plugged in, it was 17-14 at the half, and ended up being 23-17 for the final. Was a great, fun game. Ole Miss shredded me on the ground, first time in a LONG time I've given up 200+ yards to the CPU on the ground, but I made some adjustments in the second half and as you can see it turned into a decent defensive struggle. Ole Miss missed a 37 yard field goal to tie the game with 3 minutes left after I iced their kicker, and I also committed two stupid turnovers inside the 30, one right before halftime and the other in the fourth, so there was the potential for either an upset for them or a blowout for me if a couple of things had gone differently. Really liked that.

The only complaints that I have right now are in the passing game. It was a little too easy to pass, I'd like to see my QB overthrow every now and then (it happens in real life, even if they are great) as well as the CPU blitz. I got sacked 6 times, and one of those in particular the offensive lineman just stood there and let the linebacker by. Any ideas on where to tweak this?

About to play LSU to give a good even matchup test, and will report back then.

Oh, I turned Roughing the Passer down two notches. In the first two pass plays of the game there were two of those penalties called. Great job so far though, really intrigued with this.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #87
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Finished her up,and DAMN....I don't recall ever playing a game of college football that was this much fun. In the end though,Ohio State ended up pulling out the win 20-17.

Penn State Nittany Lions at Ohio State Buckeyes
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Penn State Nittany Lions ()1403017
Ohio State Buckeyes ()0107320
Team Stats Comparison
PSUOSU
Total Offense239265
Rushing Yards152112
Passing Yards87153
First Downs1414
Punt Return Yards816
Kick Return Yards4970
Total Yards296351
Turnovers24
3rd Down Converstion2-93-8
4th Down Conversion1-20-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-1-15-2-2
Penalties6-823-42
Posession Time14:5417:06
Penn State Nittany Lions
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB10/208712
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
HB16915.61
QB10404.00
HB273.50
HB11414.00
Ohio State Buckeyes
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB8/1315304
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
HB17603.51
QB16523.21

A couple of quick notes..
* I was able to sack the QB 7 times
* my turnovers were due to my own stupidity...lol
* while there were penalty yards,roughing the passer was called waaaay to much.
* I used 8 min quarters as well
* As I've mentioned earlier,the changes I made will be available once I get some more time in with the game. I will get with Matt to compare some notes,and go from there.

Just hang tight fellas,I feel we're on the verge of something really awesome here.

Overall,probably thee best game of NCAA football that I can remember playing.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #88
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Hey ds, not saying this is the case but remember sometimes we have to make the game look bad to play good. Maybe the line men had to be dumbed down so the cpu could get a rush which cause a olineman to go brain dead from time to time. There has always been a lot of this tradeoff in this game. Not sayi g thats the case but just keep in mind

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »