Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2017, 08:32 AM   #8889
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahcal11
Thinking of going down to 8 minute quarters - I'm getting a few too many plays per game. Is this just me? Other than that I love the sliders
I use these sliders on 8 min quarters and I average about 50-60 plays per game in a ball control offense running offense. Seems just about perfect for me.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #8890
Rookie

Got hit with a holding penalty and an IG in the same game for the first time in I don’t know how long with these sliders.

I started a UAB dynasty with a brand new coach, I’m a big ND fan and this is kinda of my road to ND dynasty. Using these sliders I’ve had very competitive games:

W@Tenn 32-31 OT
W@Neb 31-21
L Aub 24-35
W Old Dom 42-14
W BYU 27-10
W N. TX 48-14
W @LA Tech 34-21
W @MTSU 42-34

What I’ve found is that games are very similar to real games in that one team usually jumps out ahead then it ends up being a battle or the separation happens in the fourth quarter. Rarely is it a case where one team gets ahead and cruises. I have only turned the ball over 4 times all year and I can tell you right now if I was throwing more picks (only 2 versus 12 TDs this season) I would have lost at least two mores games if not three. I can’t wait to build up my team a bit more (B- across the board in year three) and go independent and have a gauntlet.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #8891
Rookie

noahcal11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfanjho15
I use these sliders on 8 min quarters and I average about 50-60 plays per game in a ball control offense running offense. Seems just about perfect for me.
Actually I've gone down to 7 minute quarters now and I'm getting good gameplay. I may just snap it faster than you (probably if you're running ball control offense) but regardless 9 minutes seems too long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #8892
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Really solid post. I think what you keyed in on was the fact that ratings based approach is very static. What happens in the heat of a game is dynamic, and sometimes, just like IRL, ratings get thrown out the window. Like you said, if you have a 99 OVR QB and he finishes 8 for 30, that's not a reflection on him if he was pressured all day, or if he had all day in the pocket. There are factors that come into play.

I kind of dropped off with trying to get a rating based approach to figuring out sliders. It's a great way to get slideritis though. This is why I have always focused on the fundamentals of proper and contextual animations as the anchor to any sliders.
Are we supposed to change the CPU subs to 70 for every coach (HC, OC, DC) in the game?
Old 10-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #8893
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfanjho15
Are we supposed to change the CPU subs to 70 for every coach (HC, OC, DC) in the game?
No you don't have to anymore unless you want to. I don't use the coaching adjustments personally.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:01 PM   #8894
Pro

So are the fatigue and HFA sliders still set to OFF in the MM and ON in the dynasty? I saw older posts where you guys had tested it but it doesn't say anything about it on the OP.

Last edited by VTHokie525; 10-27-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:30 PM   #8895
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokie525
So are the fatigue and HFA sliders still set to OFF in the MM and ON in the dynasty? I saw older posts where you guys had tested it but it doesn't say anything about it on the OP.
Fatigue is still on. We tested it, and it works great, but there were no subs, no fatigue, of course. Just didn't feel like football imho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2017, 11:20 AM   #8896
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Fatigue is still on. We tested it, and it works great, but there were no subs, no fatigue, of course. Just didn't feel like football imho.
Okay so keep both of them on in the MM and dynasty, correct? I also played a game yesterday and it was good but it did seem like my defensive players were flatfooted...especially my LB's on running plays. The HB would start running towards them and they would pretty much watch them until the HB got to them. Have you seen this before or is there anything to fix it?

Edit: I forgot to mention, but they weren't playing zone coverage either

Last edited by VTHokie525; 10-28-2017 at 11:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »