Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #9121
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynasticJumper
I am getting absolutely torched through the air. I’ve tried three different playbooks, and each game they’re completing 90% of their passes.

Is anyone else having this issue, or am I just terrible at defense?
Up pass coverage. Every set has it wildly low, certain routes like corners and outs are virtually impossible to cover, and your players will often just allow receivers to catch the ball and then tackle them after the catch.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2021, 03:31 PM   #9122
Rookie

Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Welcome to Operation Sports Community Sliders. Enjoy the incredible history we have had in trying to get this game to play SIM and realistic.

The theory behind this version/set is that it was built with the community's involvement, on TwitchTV.

What you will find in this set is all the great things NCAA 14 provides. The focus is not just the results (game stats, etc) but it is how those stats are achieved. There is a big emphasis to have realistic looking stats, but the goal is not to sacrifice realistic looking interactions for the sake of achieving sim stats.

This is why the video never lies, and why the design of this set was based on that findings. The proper animations correlate with the proper fundamentals, while still maintaining a realistic challenge. Enjoy!

8/4/17 -Some adjustments as we prepare for the new season...with this great game...
- Lowered threshold from 25 to 20 to reduce the stickiness of blocks

- OPI raised back from 51 to 99 to get the ball carrier styles back (more slashing, trucking, etc)

- Raised TAK for both HUM and CPU. HUM to reduce broken tackles, and lowered CPU to reduce overpursuit of angles and their tendency for WWE type tackling, at times.

- Lowered CPU RBA to reduce "ghost" stiff arms and unnecessary, out of context, skill moves.

Unable to view the image?

Link to Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...40&single=true

Gameplay Options

Offensive Skill - Heisman
Defensive Skill - Heisman
Injuries - On
Fatigue - On
Quarter Length - 9
Play Clock - On
Game Speed - Normal
Min Threshold - 20
Home Field Advantage - Off

Gameplay Rules

Offsides - 99
False Start - 80
Facemask - 55
OPI - 99
DPI - 50
KR/PR - 1
Clipping - 50

Auto Subs - thanks to JoshC

Out/IN

QB 0/1
RB 59/70
WR 64/65
FB/TE 35/36
OL 0/1

DT 84/85
DE 84/85
LB 0/1
CB 0/1
S 0/1

VIDEO SLIDER BREAKDOWN & FIX RESEARCH:

Slider Breakdown: Block Shedding

Slider Breakdown: CPU Pass Defense

Slider Fix Research: User Pass Coverage - Stop on Routes

HIGHLIGHTS:

Previous Versions (there's a reason this thread is almost 1,000 pages)
Spoiler
Spoiler

And I try to broadcast games on twitchtv:

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

As does jct32:

www.twitch.tv/jct32_os

And Huskies v 3:

www.twitch.tv/huskies48

You can also click on the following link to see past broadcasted games.

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l/videos?...ast_broadcasts

And for stats to post feedback, go here:

http://dynasties.operationsports.com...1&sport=ncaafb

Once again, amazing work Matt. Man, the CPU vs CPU community would love for you to make a set that focused on animations, realistic stats and a fun game to watch. Wish you all the best!
Old 03-24-2021, 09:37 PM   #9123
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyhockaday
Once again, amazing work Matt. Man, the CPU vs CPU community would love for you to make a set that focused on animations, realistic stats and a fun game to watch. Wish you all the best!
We had a blast, didn't we?

I haven't had the game in a minute, may check out the revamped one though. Any issues that you can think of with CPUvCPU currently? I'm badly out of touch with this beautiful game .
Old 09-03-2021, 02:47 PM   #9124
Rookie

PreezyBeatz777's Arena

Hey Matt, take a walk with me! 🏈🤙😁

I wanted to share a "kicker slider set" that I think you'll absolutely love. One where the USER and CPU misses kicks, which has an effect on the momentum from both sides. Weather becomes a big factor and so does the game as a whole.

✅ USER FG Power: 35
✅ USER FG Accuracy: 0

*** I've studied kickers from 70 overall to 9O overall.
I found that if you put the USER FG Power at 35.
It's the median that separates poor kickers from good kickers. It helps lower the power boost that really makes kicking important again. It makes the user rethink about kicking or going for a 4th down conversion, which sometimes plays a huge factor in a game. 30 is to low and 40 is to high. The best you'll get is 35. It creates that lottery feeling at times. ***

✅ CPU FG Power: 55
✅ CPU FG Accuracy: 35

*** I've discovered that CPU coaches occasionally go for kicks at the 45+ range. Even in bad weather conditions. I've went against kickers from 70 overall to 90 overall and found out something special. When you lower CPU FG Accuracy to 35 it separates the bad from the good. When you elevate CPU FG Power to 55 it creates realistic kicking statistics.

📚 WHAT YOU WILL SEE 📚

With these kicking settings I've witnessed momentum be affected on both sides of the ball. I've witnessed good kickers on both sides if not paying attention miss the kick to the far left or far right. Mostly due because of poor kicking ratings. I've witnessed the CPU go for it on 4th down, because of a poor kicker. I've witnessed punts by the CPU help their defenses put pressure on the USERs offense. Overall it makes a big difference in field position and the game as a whole. While playing realistic playcalls with no money or cheese plays. It helps bring a realistic base to the game. Along with your amazing sliders. 🙏
Old 10-04-2021, 12:09 AM   #9125
Rookie

PreezyBeatz777's Arena

Hey Matt! I tested out your sliders with some new tweaks to the CPU. I kept the sliders for gameplay options, game rules, and USER sliders the same. I only made 4 tweaks to the CPU and it made the sliders even more competitive and realistic. Down below is the information!

TWEAKS (CPU ONLY)

-CPU Pass/Run Blocking: 50/50

Note: With your current sliders and 50/50 for the CPU Pass Block/Run Block. The CPU offense is alive realistically. It doesn't give the CPU an advantage. It helps skilled players stand out like they should. It deletes momentum shifts and creates a fair game based on skill sets no cheese.

-CPU Interceptions: 45

Note: With your current sliders and 45 set to CPU interceptions. This is a huge notice. I'm seeing DBs stick with WRs on routes and I'm seeing better defense by the CPU. Average WRs rarely get lucky and beat a man. Talented WRs even struggle like so in real life. I'm also noticing more fighting for the football on deep routes, etc. It also once again creates skill vs skill.

-CPU Rush Defense: 100

Note: With your current sliders and 100 set to CPU Rush Defense. This my friend is the biggest discrepancy, but the best change ever made. At 100 I've seen CPU defensive players stopping the run in critical moments as so in real life. I've seen talented defenses standing out more than average defenses. It doesn't boost the defense it makes life tougher for the USER at running and makes the USER really think of which direction to go. I've also seen defenses load the box "correctly" when it comes down to 4th and inches or at the goal line. It also helps the CPU defense gain momentum, but determined by skill set.

Game Information

Here's an image with the statistics. I never use cheese plays and I play by the rules to protect the identity of realism. I played as Colorado with the 2021 roster vs Colorado State, which is a rival. I could of kneeled during the last minute, but I chose to run it up lol. The score would of been 12 to 7. These slider adjustments create a better balance, because we all know that each game is different. I had a 81 overall offense / 88 overall defense. Colorado State had a 79 overall offense and a 81 overall defense.

They were fighting every possession and so was I. I let the OC and DC call the plays by clicking the very middle play they choose. Unless it's cheese plays etc. Then I call a basic play and try my best to keep it on sim. I found out that with these tweaks it made the sliders way more realistic. Thanks for checking this out! Stay focused and blessed!

">

Last edited by PreezyBeatz777; 10-04-2021 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Editing the picture
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2021, 11:17 PM   #9126
Rookie

PreezyBeatz777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreezyBeatz777
Hey Matt! I tested out your sliders with some new tweaks to the CPU. I kept the sliders for gameplay options, game rules, and USER sliders the same. I only made 4 tweaks to the CPU and it made the sliders even more competitive and realistic. Down below is the information!

TWEAKS (CPU ONLY)

-CPU Pass/Run Blocking: 50/50

Note: With your current sliders and 50/50 for the CPU Pass Block/Run Block. The CPU offense is alive realistically. It doesn't give the CPU an advantage. It helps skilled players stand out like they should. It deletes momentum shifts and creates a fair game based on skill sets no cheese.

-CPU Interceptions: 45

Note: With your current sliders and 45 set to CPU interceptions. This is a huge notice. I'm seeing DBs stick with WRs on routes and I'm seeing better defense by the CPU. Average WRs rarely get lucky and beat a man. Talented WRs even struggle like so in real life. I'm also noticing more fighting for the football on deep routes, etc. It also once again creates skill vs skill.

-CPU Rush Defense: 100

Note: With your current sliders and 100 set to CPU Rush Defense. This my friend is the biggest discrepancy, but the best change ever made. At 100 I've seen CPU defensive players stopping the run in critical moments as so in real life. I've seen talented defenses standing out more than average defenses. It doesn't boost the defense it makes life tougher for the USER at running and makes the USER really think of which direction to go. I've also seen defenses load the box "correctly" when it comes down to 4th and inches or at the goal line. It also helps the CPU defense gain momentum, but determined by skill set.

Game Information

Here's an image with the statistics. I never use cheese plays and I play by the rules to protect the identity of realism. I played as Colorado with the 2021 roster vs Colorado State, which is a rival. I could of kneeled during the last minute, but I chose to run it up lol. The score would of been 12 to 7. These slider adjustments create a better balance, because we all know that each game is different. I had a 81 overall offense / 88 overall defense. Colorado State had a 79 overall offense and a 81 overall defense.

They were fighting every possession and so was I. I let the OC and DC call the plays by clicking the very middle play they choose. Unless it's cheese plays etc. Then I call a basic play and try my best to keep it on sim. I found out that with these tweaks it made the sliders way more realistic. Thanks for checking this out! Stay focused and blessed!

">
If run blocking is to OP at 50 just change it to 45.
Old 12-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #9127
Rookie

TON1C's Arena

OVR: 2

Has anyone tried these with CFB Revamped? Been playing around with a couple of different sets but wasn't sure how these played with it since it looks like these were made around the base game pre-CFBR release
Old 05-11-2022, 01:25 PM   #9128
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Been playing a bit of CFBRevamped lately, and have updated the sliders used here to compliment the mod. Will post here when it's ready - shouldn't be too long as I'm almost done testing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »