Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #1857
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Matt did you see this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3

I've made a discovery tonight in trying to strengthen zone coverage. The interception slider is key in getting zone to play properly. It seems the higher the interception slider, the more likely a defensive player is to try to bait a quarterback into throwing an interception. The issue with this, is that while it is a rather remarkable feature, it will cause a defender to want to sit in his zone and play the ball while it is the air, rather than paying attention to the man running through his zone and leaving his assignment when he has to.

I am thinking the pass coverage slider is for man defense, while the interception slider controls zone.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:44 PM   #1858
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
So moving the qc acc for the cpu up to 70 and lower the wr catchto 30 made him trow worse or the wrs dropped more passes?
Also does having the qb acc at 70 make the qb throw less picks?
It was a mixture of both....I seen overthrows,wide throws,and drops.

I haven't had any issues with high int's from the cpu qb's,and I have my int slider @50.

I am currently still looking at the qb acc slider for the cpu,as my last game I played against Purdue,and I was mobbing Henry...lol

He ended the game 14/28 for 158 yards 0 td's and only 1 int...and that came late as they were trying to comeback from a 19-10 deficit.

This game was played with the qb acc slider at 60...I'm not touching the wr catch slider for the cpu,as I have to see drops...it happens in real life,so why not here...lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #1859
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Matt did you see this:

Quote:

I've made a discovery tonight in trying to strengthen zone coverage. The interception slider is key in getting zone to play properly. It seems the higher the interception slider, the more likely a defensive player is to try to bait a quarterback into throwing an interception. The issue with this, is that while it is a rather remarkable feature, it will cause a defender to want to sit in his zone and play the ball while it is the air, rather than paying attention to the man running through his zone and leaving his assignment when he has to.

I am thinking the pass coverage slider is for man defense, while the interception slider controls zone.
We had INT @ 70 for goodness knows how long and people still complained about zone. INT is @ 30 now and PCV is 10/15; think zone is playing quite well and it's not that easy to throw against the CPU. I think what has a more effect is threshold combined with QBA/WRC. I'll locate the video as it was weeks ago where BallinVol, Cowher and others were watching me change to 95 - instantly better coverage. Cowher's credit on that.

With that said, I'm not sure how this discovery trumps threshold - but test away. I'm happy with the set we have and posted it in the OP. Guys can tweak from there, and I'll include a test set as well.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:10 AM   #1860
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
We had INT @ 70 for goodness knows how long and people still complained about zone. INT is @ 30 now and PCV is 10/15; think zone is playing quite well and it's not that easy to throw against the CPU. I think what has a more effect is threshold combined with QBA/WRC. I'll locate the video as it was weeks ago where BallinVol, Cowher and others were watching me change to 95 - instantly better coverage. Cowher's credit on that.

With that said, I'm not sure how this discovery trumps threshold - but test away. I'm happy with the set we have and posted it in the OP. Guys can tweak from there, and I'll include a test set as well.
Matt, you've got it correct based on my findings. Raising the the interception will produce more poorly played zone coverage, because they are more likely to seek an interception, usually by baiting. This causes the defender to pass a man off instead of leaving the zone to cover the receiver. It also causes defenders to often play out of position.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 AM   #1861
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Matt, you've got it correct based on my findings. Raising the the interception will produce more poorly played zone coverage, because they are more likely to seek an interception, usually by baiting. This causes the defender to pass a man off instead of leaving the zone to cover the receiver. It also causes defenders to often play out of position.
Good deal, man. It works for this set - hope you can tweak it on yours as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #1862
Banned

Great example: cover two sink, running back out of the backfield into flat, split slot shotgun set:

Int: 65 - ROLB will frequently pass the RB off to the corner and sit in his zone, against this offensive set the RB into the flat is the only threat to his zone. He should be following the RB into the flat, yet he chooses to sit in his zone even though there is no threat. It looks to me as if he is baiting, because he immediately breaks on the ball when it is thrown to the RB

INT: 0 - The ROLB goes to the flat with the RB almost every single time. He rarely passes off the RB and more frequently covers the back as he is supposed to.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:29 AM   #1863
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Great example: cover two sink, running back out of the backfield into flat, split slot shotgun set:

Int: 65 - ROLB will frequently pass the RB off to the corner and sit in his zone, against this offensive set the RB into the flat is the only threat to his zone. He should be following the RB into the flat, yet he chooses to sit in his zone even though there is no threat. It looks to me as if he is baiting, because he immediately breaks on the ball when it is thrown to the RB

INT: 0 - The ROLB goes to the flat with the RB almost every single time. He rarely passes off the RB and more frequently covers the back as he is supposed to.
If you're testing in Practice mode, I'm going to kick you with my slipper.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #1864
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
If you're testing in Practice mode, I'm going to kick you with my slipper.
I test in practice mode, CPU vs CPU, and dynasty... Haha... No particular order

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »