Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #1905
Rookie

fugene's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
I had a ROLB return a fumble for a touchdown last night who had 86 Spd. My running back, who had 92 Spd, could not chase him down. I fumbled at their 6 yd line, so that gave plenty of time to get to him. I was using 95 threshold. That's not right.
The problem with the ratings is that an 86 to 92 speed is not a significant difference. Too me that suggests if they raced goal line to goal line, the RB would win with a 6 yard gap. Was the race to catch him close even?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #1906
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

dude i swear he got it at the 6 and I couldn't catch him... 94 yards.. i can't believe that 95 is realistic, watch a game.. all players don't move at almost the same speed.. i don't think that the threshold is the end-all for the sliders though, i have the rest the same, I am working on custom penalty sliders to see if that will help ease run game help. But yea, 95 can't be right. I'm not shooting down anyone here, just stating that what happened to me was not realistic, and it was as good a way as you can GET to testing speed threshold lol.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #1907
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
dude i swear he got it at the 6 and I couldn't catch him... 94 yards.. i can't believe that 95 is realistic, watch a game.. all players don't move at almost the same speed.. i don't think that the threshold is the end-all for the sliders though, i have the rest the same, I am working on custom penalty sliders to see if that will help ease run game help. But yea, 95 can't be right. I'm not shooting down anyone here, just stating that what happened to me was not realistic, and it was as good a way as you can GET to testing speed threshold lol.
Stamina plays a bigger role than you think. 95 is the best we have found. If you use something other than that, and use the sliders, then you might get a different result.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #1908
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sliders have been good but i've had to make a few adjustments.. one thing that really bothered me was the CPU QB threw a 45-55 yard bomb down field on the run and hit it completely perfect as if he had his feet grounded.. and nailed the throw... that seemed a bit much for me and unrealistic.. especially at the rate he was running away and the distance down field.. .. i was like serious?! but everything else seems ok.. and very good sliders besides the tweaks i've done to my taste on realism... my first big game.. i lost by one.. and then lost again by a field goal in my second big game which was cool..
Old 07-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #1909
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
AA - what settings are you using? The exact latest in this thread or did you tweak anything? Are the settings a challenge at all?

I recently bumped from Varsity up to AA and by far the biggest change for the worse is the running game. I don't feel like I'm nearly in control of my RBs as I do on Varsity. Running through holes feels nearly impossible now, I pinball off my lineman like crazy and I never did that on Varsity.

The games are closer and more challenging but on AA everything feels so much more scripted and constricted.
I've been using a hybrid of the next to last set Matt and them put up, but I upped both CPU Run and Pass block about 20 clicks apiece. I was just a bit too dominant on both sides of the ball.

In our OD....we're pretty close to default AA.

I'm praying that the patch decreases the overpowered "push" of the interior O line. I love the new blocking AI..but they just juiced it way too high. If we can get that toned back down..this game will be money IMO.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #1910
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfire
Sliders have been good but i've had to make a few adjustments.. one thing that really bothered me was the CPU QB threw a 45-55 yard bomb down field on the run and hit it completely perfect as if he had his feet grounded.. and nailed the throw... that seemed a bit much for me and unrealistic.. especially at the rate he was running away and the distance down field.. .. i was like serious?! but everything else seems ok.. and very good sliders besides the tweaks i've done to my taste on realism... my first big game.. i lost by one.. and then lost again by a field goal in my second big game which was cool..
Try this....and let me know how it plays (out of curiosity)

Cpu

QB Acc -70
WRC -30

I know it looks weird,and by all rights SHOULD make the cpu QB better,but for some reason in the tests I did,they sure didn't play any better.

I currently have qb acc set at 60 in my Dynasty,and have seen all kinds of throws....give it a shot.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #1911
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfire
So it happened just once? I'm not sure what to do with that feedback, we can't control every aspect of the game as it is made - we can only tweak what is necessary. We can't approach sliders with every single little thing we don't like during a game. If that was the approach, we would still have slideritis - which is why we had so many versions coming out before (and why I had to pull it from the OP). Gotta give it 4-5 games, if you start to see it more regularly - then there might be a problem. I have seen the CPU sprint out of the pocket behind the LOS and try to throw across the field - only to be met with punishment, most of the time.

Try Cowher's suggestion - they do look crazy, but I've had good success with it too - it's all personal preference in some cases and that should always be determined by 4-5 games; some even go as far as an entire season - but never just one game, unless it's drastically consistent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #1912
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Also, completely off topic - but if anyone wants to join twitchtv, we are starting a Team made up of CAPS (created players) of OS guys. Got about 12 -looking to make a whole team, so if you're interested let me know ASAP and jump on twitchtv:

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »