Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #3233
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The main thing I saw with zero is that the passing game opens up more on both sides. You will see more "realistic" coverage - as in the defenders can be fooled on routes ran; so virtually no mirroring. That was the big difference for me because before, while it was nice to have great coverage, the question had to be - is it realistic? So the more I saw the CPU QB struggle because of my "great" coverage with every team - it had to be reviewed and thus the switch to AA set with zero thresh, etc.
I was playing last night, against Southern Alabama, thresh on 25, i just couldn't get it going the way i wanted. In a game like this, my talent should outshine.

Thanks for responding, and basically, with what i wanted to hear!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #3234
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

I was having an easy time on kick returns until using the Generic Editor to edit Block shed in the profile and now I'm lucky to see the 20. I really have to work to get past the 20 and have to use my blocks. I just can't go back to this game without editing things in the profile and such. It plays a different game for sure.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #3235
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I was playing last night, against Southern Alabama, thresh on 25, i just couldn't get it going the way i wanted. In a game like this, my talent should outshine.

Thanks for responding, and basically, with what i wanted to hear!
Yeah I used 25 as well and it didn't feel right for me either. Need more of an "open" gameplay - the tracking down the ball carrier just limits that in terms of threshold. I'm seeing more realistic big plays now - and the team that creates those is getting their due rewards -whether that be substantial gain in yardage or a touchdown/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
I was having an easy time on kick returns until using the Generic Editor to edit Block shed in the profile and now I'm lucky to see the 20. I really have to work to get past the 20 and have to use my blocks. I just can't go back to this game without editing things in the profile and such. It plays a different game for sure.
I think we also, pre patch at least, figured out messing with the RTK slider helped - but as a result, the running game in general had to be tweaked.

I'll take a look at it later tonight as I've seen some easy returns - not as consistent, but also not realistic at times when a weaker rated team is manhandling guys sprinting down the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #3236
Pro

OVR: 8

Another strange dynasty game and I am starting to think maybe this isn't a slider related issue but a difficulty issue.

I updated the sliders for this game and was expecting a very tough game. I am using Duke in a dynasty and I use the ask coach for both offense and defense. I use the no switch rule also.

So I am playing Miami and they are way better in every category so I would expect Miami to easily beat me.

In fact it's the total opposite. I crush Miami 42-7 and the games are becoming less and less fun. I feel like every game I play the CPU just plays worse and worse and my team just plays better and better.

Is the only way to increase the CPU competition going up a difficulty level or does the CPU do nothing but cheese on Heisman difficulty?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #3237
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
Another strange dynasty game and I am starting to think maybe this isn't a slider related issue but a difficulty issue.

I updated the sliders for this game and was expecting a very tough game. I am using Duke in a dynasty and I use the ask coach for both offense and defense. I use the no switch rule also.

So I am playing Miami and they are way better in every category so I would expect Miami to easily beat me.

In fact it's the total opposite. I crush Miami 42-7 and the games are becoming less and less fun. I feel like every game I play the CPU just plays worse and worse and my team just plays better and better.

Is the only way to increase the CPU competition going up a difficulty level or does the CPU do nothing but cheese on Heisman difficulty?
What part of the CPU is it that they are playing worse in? Like no kill factor, or poor passing? Poor running? What?
Old 09-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #3238
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Matt... I've yet to lose a game and it's frustrating, I was Kent St. last night and killed LSU 28-0 in the 1st half then i quit out of frustration... Not sure what my issue is but i just dont give up long plays and I rarely give up TD's when the other team gets 1st and goal... Not sure how to make it harder.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #3239
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy3399
Hey Matt... I've yet to lose a game and it's frustrating, I was Kent St. last night and killed LSU 28-0 in the 1st half then i quit out of frustration... Not sure what my issue is but i just dont give up long plays and I rarely give up TD's when the other team gets 1st and goal... Not sure how to make it harder.
I'm not sure, man. I lost 3 test games last night by multiple margins. A 38-yard run for a TD happened, a pass of 35 yards - broken tackle - and the receiver was gone for 40 more yards and the TD.

I'm using M&B's rosters, so the coaching sliders by default are on the aggressive side - whether it's defensive aggression or offensive aggression. I"m not sure if that matters anymore or not - or if it's coaching skill trees, etc.

I do notice that this slider set is one of the only ones that has PCV so high - so maybe putting it back to 50 or below might work? Worth a shot to even put penalty sliders @ default as a test.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #3240
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'm not sure, man. I lost 3 test games last night by multiple margins. A 38-yard run for a TD happened, a pass of 35 yards - broken tackle - and the receiver was gone for 40 more yards and the TD.

I'm using M&B's rosters, so the coaching sliders by default are on the aggressive side - whether it's defensive aggression or offensive aggression. I"m not sure if that matters anymore or not - or if it's coaching skill trees, etc.

I do notice that this slider set is one of the only ones that has PCV so high - so maybe putting it back to 50 or below might work? Worth a shot to even put penalty sliders @ default as a test.
It seems as if the cpu never goes deep... Always 5-7 yard routes or screens, it's frustrating. I cant stop the read option to save my life though and trouble stopping the run as well, it just seems i march down the field and score TDs while they get to the 10-15 yd line and kick field goals all game. Im on ps3 so my roster selection is very limited. I also get 30-40 yds EVERY kick return with the threshold at 0, which obviously helps a ton for my offense being unstoppable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »