Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #3521
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Not bad - those passing completions are high though. I'm not home yet so still waiting to looking into it.

Yeah, no joke. The one late night I have. I'm glad others are active and trying it. Want to make sure I'm not the only one experiencing certain things.

Yeah they're a bit high, but right around 66.7% so not outlandish. It's not like Penn State or Iowa have great passing defenses. I'm going to play an Alabama vs. some other prevalent defensive team and see if it ends up being a defensive struggle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #3522
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Update in a second, guys. Just working on the penalty settings and so far - playing nicely with no changes to User/CPU sliders.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #3523
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Game two with these and another great game, I played as Florida State versus Alabama in Cowboys Stadium. In the first quarter I moved the ball well through the air, despite a lackluster ground attack. Still, I couldn't do much in the redzone and I was forced to two field goals. Bama's offense did nothing in the first, and I started off with a 6-0 lead. However Bama led a slow methodical drive to start the 2nd, taking the lead 7-6. Jameis Winston them proceeded to throw three picks, two of which helped setup short TD drives for the Crimson Tide. I made a couple downfield completions to set up a 44 yard field goal before the halftime score of 21-9. Winston must have stolen some grade A crab legs at the half because he came out hot. Nevertheless, my Seminoles trailed 27-16 heading into the final quarter. A second Winston TD pass and a 2 pt conversion cut the lead to 3 points, but Bama rolled out a long, methodical TD drive to go up 10. Scoring again with just under a minute left in the game, I failed to grab the inside kick, but stopped them from getting a first down, and got the ball back at my own 8 with 0:42 left and no timeouts. Completed a few passes, but took a huge sack which ran out a huge chunk of clock, which expired after the next play. I lost 31-34.

Total plays: FSU - 66, Bama - 56

Passing: FSU - 27/35 381 2td 3int. Bama - 18/27 227 3td 1int

Rushing: FSU-31 for 75 Bama-29 for 95

Sacks: FSU-1, Bama-4

Punts: FSU-1, Bama-3

Pass completion rates still slightly high, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Winston complete 27 of 35 in real life nor McCarron 18 of 27. What I'd be interested to see at this point is how poor QB's do against good defenses, both User and CPU controlled.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #3524
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Game two with these and another great game, I played as Florida State versus Alabama in Cowboys Stadium. In the first quarter I moved the ball well through the air, despite a lackluster ground attack. Still, I couldn't do much in the redzone and I was forced to two field goals. Bama's offense did nothing in the first, and I started off with a 6-0 lead. However Bama led a slow methodical drive to start the 2nd, taking the lead 7-6. Jameis Winston them proceeded to throw three picks, two of which helped setup short TD drives for the Crimson Tide. I made a couple downfield completions to set up a 44 yard field goal before the halftime score of 21-9. Winston must have stolen some grade A crab legs at the half because he came out hot. Nevertheless, my Seminoles trailed 27-16 heading into the final quarter. A second Winston TD pass and a 2 pt conversion cut the lead to 3 points, but Bama rolled out a long, methodical TD drive to go up 10. Scoring again with just under a minute left in the game, I failed to grab the inside kick, but stopped them from getting a first down, and got the ball back at my own 8 with 0:42 left and no timeouts. Completed a few passes, but took a huge sack which ran out a huge chunk of clock, which expired after the next play. I lost 31-34.

Total plays: FSU - 66, Bama - 56

Passing: FSU - 27/35 381 2td 3int. Bama - 18/27 227 3td 1int

Rushing: FSU-31 for 75 Bama-29 for 95

Sacks: FSU-1, Bama-4

Punts: FSU-1, Bama-3

Pass completion rates still slightly high, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Winston complete 27 of 35 in real life nor McCarron 18 of 27. What I'd be interested to see at this point is how poor QB's do against good defenses, both User and CPU controlled.

Pick a good team and play Central Michigan...
Old 05-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #3525
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Well, it's good the run game was stuffed as it should against Bama. The issue seems to be that their running game was overly dominant and your passing was non-existant. I imagine you have your team OVR pretty high, right?

Yeah, QB putting the ball on the money is my area to improve actually. I like to see those bad passes that turn into catches - and I think I've got it where I want now. Will keep updated when I get off work.

Yeah, those user sacks will come. The CPU QB's love their scrambles. I'm still playing with that aspect as well though - version 2 of these sliders should address, yet challenge, users for an overall different feel - and realistic stats - for gameplay's sake.

Just trying to validate the gameplay with the stats. Before, I had validated the gameplay for what it was - i.e. interaction, movement, etc - now I'm trying to get the stats more on point with what we see IRL. It doesn't seem like it's too far from reaching that either believe it or not. I am actually focusing on penalty sliders as well too in order to help the DB/WR interactions.

Thanks again, guys - I definitely am full on NCAA 14 mode. In other news, I'm working on my Oregon St. report and trying to get 2014-15 rosters into my 2nd season (simmed 1st) using the editor. It's been a fun time.
I believe my team is sitting around an 88 but I do edit my own rosters so I believe my offense is an 96 but my defense is a 77 which makes sense they basically just outscored everyone last year. Im really not having a problem with my passing being non existent I've found that if u can't get my run game going its tough to just drop back and wing it with a run blocking o-line. The only thing that might be a bit off is with my wrs getting little seperation but that is mainly against good to great defenses and I rarely just take a chance at throwing into a crowd. Against lesser teams I havent really had to throw the ball but coverage is tight but plays are there to be made I just need to get a little better at calling plays and sliding the line and max protecting so I can get the ball off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #3526
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Update in a second, guys. Just working on the penalty settings and so far - playing nicely with no changes to User/CPU sliders.
Sorry for the delay. I finished late night testing, and got it to where I want - I mean the WR/DB interaction is where it's supposed to be - less going for picks in traffic, and more breaking up plays.

I didn't write it down and am at work - I'll be going to lunch soon and will post then. Thanks again guys!
Old 05-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #3527
Rookie

OVR: 2

thanks post it up im ready for some testing haha ill be home from the Gym in about 2 hours
Old 05-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #3528
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Easily used Stanford to dominate UMass, as you would expect, to the tune of a 38-3 blowout win.

Total plays: UMASS- 60, Stanford- 59

Passing: UMASS- 19-30 142 Stanford- 15/24 186 1td
(Around 8 or 9 of UMASS) completions were behind the LOS

Rushing: UMASS- 30 for 74 Stanford- 35 for 231

Sacks: UMASS- 2 Stanford- 6

Punts: UMASS- 6 Stanford- 3

I'm more than happy with these sliders, thanks for all your hard work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »