Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #3593
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Set is complete. Thanks to everyone for your support and teamwork. I'll still play on twitch for fun, so that's not done since it's fun to hang out with everyone and talk football, etc

I will post explanation of the values, etc, when I get the chance.
Kent state vs Lsu I am kent st rated at a 62 Lsu 93. As of right now I like the feel on offense but I am mid 4th quarter and up 28-10 my lines are dominating but yet I only have 186 yards to there 306 which 270 have come threw the air and only 34 on the ground I am using the same set up as the op with home field off im sure you probably weren't seeing games like this I am baffled as to why the cpu just tanks once they get a 7-0 lead there is no way I should even be close without playing a perfect game and I do have 2 turnovers which is how they got there points.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #3594
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Kent state vs Lsu I am kent st rated at a 62 Lsu 93. As of right now I like the feel on offense but I am mid 4th quarter and up 28-10 my lines are dominating but yet I only have 186 yards to there 306 which 270 have come threw the air and only 34 on the ground I am using the same set up as the op with home field off im sure you probably weren't seeing games like this I am baffled as to why the cpu just tanks once they get a 7-0 lead there is no way I should even be close without playing a perfect game and I do have 2 turnovers which is how they got there points.
Believe me, I had the same thing with NC St vs Florida State. Winston was throwing darts - but their playcalling remains suspect with screens and draw plays on 3rd down. It's a little frustrating.

I'm doing some offline testing here in the next hour. I want to explore those dog-gone coaching sliders again. :/
Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #3595
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Believe me, I had the same thing with NC St vs Florida State. Winston was throwing darts - but their playcalling remains suspect with screens and draw plays on 3rd down. It's a little frustrating.

I'm doing some offline testing here in the next hour. I want to explore those dog-gone coaching sliders again. :/
I think I've got something for you. Between what you have and what I think I've got I will send you a pm with what I've got. I dont want to post them on your thread and I dont want to start a new thread they are largely based off your sets I will post the stats with it if you dont care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #3596
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
I think I've got something for you. Between what you have and what I think I've got I will send you a pm with what I've got. I dont want to post them on your thread and I dont want to start a new thread they are largely based off your sets I will post the stats with it if you dont care.
Of course, man. This is the community thread - have at it. Send me pm as well if you'd like
Old 05-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #3597
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Matt!!! What's up man? I see you're still at it! I haven't played much ps3 since the ps4 has been out but I'm getting that NCAA itch! I am curious as to what you've got going here since I've been away for a while. I need to fire up the ps3 again.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #3598
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Of course, man. This is the community thread - have at it. Send me pm as well if you'd like
I pm'ed you and I am re playing the auburn miss st game with those penalty sliders I have to say I thought it was a fluke with them on at only 1 to get penalties but just finished up the first qrt I am miss st. Down 13-7 there has been 1 offside with it at 100 I have had 3 false starts with it at 1 1 clipping with it at 40 and 1 holding with it at 1 I was under the impression that at 1 they would never get called very interesting to say the least.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #3599
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Love this Heisman set Matt, had been using Buffeyes set for a while; but you intrigued me with this set for a couple of reasons.

1. I love low tackle sets; the game feels "sloppier" and more lifelike.
2. I love the lower RBA sliders. But I have to ask, have you noticed better fatigue rates and more injuries at lower RBA? I observed this when messing around with sliders a couple of months ago and in my one game with your new set, saw five different injuries (I had gone dozens of games without one using other sets where RBA is higher).

Edit - I am not at all complaining about number 2....I consider that an added bonus.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 05-18-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #3600
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Matt!!! What's up man? I see you're still at it! I haven't played much ps3 since the ps4 has been out but I'm getting that NCAA itch! I am curious as to what you've got going here since I've been away for a while. I need to fire up the ps3 again.
There he is! Great to see you, Ballin. Well Heisman is playable - and that's about all I've been doing - See you on twitch sooner rather than later, old friend.

Quote:
I pm'ed you and I am re playing the auburn miss st game with those penalty sliders I have to say I thought it was a fluke with them on at only 1 to get penalties but just finished up the first qrt I am miss st. Down 13-7 there has been 1 offside with it at 100 I have had 3 false starts with it at 1 1 clipping with it at 40 and 1 holding with it at 1 I was under the impression that at 1 they would never get called very interesting to say the least.
THat really is interesting. I am about to read your pm and respond. I'll have to play around with that as well though - respect your dedication, man - pretty awesome stuff. Thanks, jp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Love this Heisman set Matt, had been using Buffeyes set for a while; but you intrigued me with this set for a couple of reasons.

1. I love low tackle sets; the game feels "sloppier" and more lifelike.
2. I love the lower RBA sliders. But I have to ask, have you noticed better fatigue rates and more injuries at lower RBA? I observed this when messing around with sliders a couple of months ago and in my one game with your new set, saw five different injuries (I had gone dozens of games without one using other sets where RBA is higher).

Edit - I am not at all complaining about number 2....I consider that an added bonus.
I do too, I absolutely love it actually. IF you notice the last week, it's been a lot higher TAK rating because I was compensating/justifying the high RBA setting.

Little did I know that the lower RBA allows the CPU to very direct with their running. They find those holes and that's where they go. It's nice to see when they cut across the grain as well.

Fatigue rates have been fairly the same - but I have noticed the backup RB get a bit more touches - probably because the starters are getting exhausted after big gains; sometimes only 10 yards - but it's the "effort" that is needed to get them - like shedding tackles then being dragged down versus just body slammed.

I decided that I am just going to keep HFA on. I think it's a placebo at this point - and that's what I'm going to stick to because if I don't, I'll blame it for everything.

Now, in regards to that kill factor - I think HFA has be on but also need to adjust those coaching sliders. I think right now, the majority of the rosters have coaching offensive aggression @ 85/15 - basically way too aggressive. This is why you see so many 4-verts and then QB gets pressured and can't make the throw or get sacked. Well, if they're running 4-verts everytime (usually after a broken play on 2nd down) then it takes forever for the CPU's receivers to get open.

I'm thinking just keeping the offensive sliders just in line with the run/pass ratio. So if run/pass ration is 40/60; then I'll have the offensive aggression at 40/60 (or very close).

I'll post a video as well in regards to the sliders and coaching sliders when I get the chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »