Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #3601
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

First game using updated set in the syracuse dynasty taking on tulane. Before I looked at the ratings I figured I would win by 30 after I looked at the ratings I figured by 10 final score syracuse 27-21.

Sy Tulane
total o 473 286
Rush 39-248 15-19
Pass 18/27 25/39
Yards 225 267
Td/int 1-2 3-0
3rd 9/12 1/7
Turn 2 1
Sacks 3 3
Yac rec 51 79
Yac run 78 15
Pass def 1 3

Overall game felt good. Rush attempts were down for tulane but I was loading the box so I can handle that for now. Passing was better than it has been but I gave up at least 6 or more catches when I was trying to swat the ball I never once had my guy even try and only 1 teammate attempted 1 successfully breakup im starting to wonder if my button has been pressed to many times in the past sometimes it works great and other times I get nothing. I am 4-0 heading into acc play where I expect to have to play my best with my team to have a shot at picking up some wins. Up next the tigers of Clemson hopefully these play as good as the first game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 AM   #3602
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
First game using updated set in the syracuse dynasty taking on tulane. Before I looked at the ratings I figured I would win by 30 after I looked at the ratings I figured by 10 final score syracuse 27-21.

Sy Tulane
total o 473 286
Rush 39-248 15-19
Pass 18/27 25/39
Yards 225 267
Td/int 1-2 3-0
3rd 9/12 1/7
Turn 2 1
Sacks 3 3
Yac rec 51 79
Yac run 78 15
Pass def 1 3

Overall game felt good. Rush attempts were down for tulane but I was loading the box so I can handle that for now. Passing was better than it has been but I gave up at least 6 or more catches when I was trying to swat the ball I never once had my guy even try and only 1 teammate attempted 1 successfully breakup im starting to wonder if my button has been pressed to many times in the past sometimes it works great and other times I get nothing. I am 4-0 heading into acc play where I expect to have to play my best with my team to have a shot at picking up some wins. Up next the tigers of Clemson hopefully these play as good as the first game.
Yeah, the pass deflections were almost lost upon me for the user. It shows up - but it's not as often. Especially considering I don't switch when the ball is in the air, it was definitely frustrating.

I do like the penalty settings you sent me. I'll definitely check those out.

live on twitch btw for those that are interested in seeing the sliders in action:

Watch live video from Matt10l on www.twitch.tv
Old 05-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #3603
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

I worked on coaching sliders yesterday. Using the editor, I put def playcall aggression @ 50 across the board. On twitch you can see in the K-State @ Arizona game how different the CPU plays, especially on defense. That red zone defense comes to play.

Watch live video from Matt10l on TwitchTV

Last edited by Matt10; 05-19-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #3604
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I worked on coaching sliders yesterday. Using the editor, I put def playcall aggression @ 50 across the board. On twitch you can see in the K-State @ Arizona game how different the CPU plays, especially on defense. That red zone defense comes to play.

Watch live video from Matt10l on TwitchTV
Is that in the coaching philosophy or for the actual coaches? I started to work with this to mainly editing the coaches and noticed right away that the blitzes were toned down to a realistic number its actually making offense more difficult.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #3605
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Is that in the coaching philosophy or for the actual coaches? I started to work with this to mainly editing the coaches and noticed right away that the blitzes were toned down to a realistic number its actually making offense more difficult.
It's in the actual coaches section, under coach info - then has a list of all the coaches and you just edit them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #3606
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's in the actual coaches section, under coach info - then has a list of all the coaches and you just edit them.
Obelieve what I was changing. right now i am playing nc st i changed the coaching sliders for there coach and put the aggression for offense to 25 i believe and also 25 for defense. I have home field off and at half I am getting rolled 28-10. I think I have there run pass ratio set to 60/40 and they rushing they are 24-163 and 9/11-139 I did give up a 56 yard td. I have seen no screens and 2 draws and gosh im trying to shut down the run so I blitz and then they throw. The playcalling seems very unpredictable. I know they are going to run but with this setting I can't decifer which way there have been a lot to the weak side when Im trying to stop the strong side run. I have ran 32 plays with the defensive sliders this way they have blitzed 12 times which is pretty close I believe the most blitz proficient teams are in that 35-45% area a few may be at 50% and normal is in the 15-25% depending on the scheme. I dont know if changing these makes the game tougher but im trailing 302-158 in total yards. Well I take that back the ratings are in favor of them and I just have not made the user plays that I normally do especially in the run game. (Have I ever mentioned I really hate playing defense against the no huddle pistol offense always gives me fits)
Old 05-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #3607
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Obelieve what I was changing. right now i am playing nc st i changed the coaching sliders for there coach and put the aggression for offense to 25 i believe and also 25 for defense. I have home field off and at half I am getting rolled 28-10. I think I have there run pass ratio set to 60/40 and they rushing they are 24-163 and 9/11-139 I did give up a 56 yard td. I have seen no screens and 2 draws and gosh im trying to shut down the run so I blitz and then they throw. The playcalling seems very unpredictable. I know they are going to run but with this setting I can't decifer which way there have been a lot to the weak side when Im trying to stop the strong side run. I have ran 32 plays with the defensive sliders this way they have blitzed 12 times which is pretty close I believe the most blitz proficient teams are in that 35-45% area a few may be at 50% and normal is in the 15-25% depending on the scheme. I dont know if changing these makes the game tougher but im trailing 302-158 in total yards. Well I take that back the ratings are in favor of them and I just have not made the umoser plays that I normally do especially in the run game. (Have I ever mentioned I really hate playing defense against the no huddle pistol offense always gives me fits)
Lol.........just puked in my mouth I bet you knew the tank train was coming. I score on all of my drives in the second half everything became ridiculously easy and I win 42-35 all there yards in the second half came on the last drive where I decided to see if they would be opposed to me letting them score, up until that point nc st had a total of 7 yards in the 2nd half. I only put up 320 and threw for 259 which is rare for me. What do you think matt first Im going to try your idea of home field, going to look at threshold some more and I 've been thinking about fatigue. Is there an underlying factor that the opposing players are tired but dont ever come off the field? Still really liking the sliders but these tank jobs are frustrating.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #3608
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Lol.........just puked in my mouth I bet you knew the tank train was coming. I score on all of my drives in the second half everything became ridiculously easy and I win 42-35 all there yards in the second half came on the last drive where I decided to see if they would be opposed to me letting them score, up until that point nc st had a total of 7 yards in the 2nd half. I only put up 320 and threw for 259 which is rare for me. What do you think matt first Im going to try your idea of home field, going to look at threshold some more and I 've been thinking about fatigue. Is there an underlying factor that the opposing players are tired but dont ever come off the field? Still really liking the sliders but these tank jobs are frustrating.
Try HFA on. I've just accepted that it needs to be on. That would be the first test. I remember CowherPower had told me why it was important for it to be on is because momentum plays a role - and the team with said momentum, should benefit. I had it off because I didn't think it would give me the true, bare to bones, result of the slider (i.e. boost in ratings, etc) - but now I'm just sticking to it being on.

I forgot to mention this on my previous post, but I put them on 50 offense and 50 defense. I even believe 60 would be better for offense, and 50 remain for defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »