Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #3609
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Try HFA on. I've just accepted that it needs to be on. That would be the first test. I remember CowherPower had told me why it was important for it to be on is because momentum plays a role - and the team with said momentum, should benefit. I had it off because I didn't think it would give me the true, bare to bones, result of the slider (i.e. boost in ratings, etc) - but now I'm just sticking to it being on.

I forgot to mention this on my previous post, but I put them on 50 offense and 50 defense. I even believe 60 would be better for offense, and 50 remain for defense.
Ok I am going to try it now....im going to play with syracuse again but does it matter if I just play other games in the week? Im not 100% sure but while I've been playing other games on the schedule they feel much more authentic than my dynasty team.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #3610
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Try HFA on. I've just accepted that it needs to be on. That would be the first test. I remember CowherPower had told me why it was important for it to be on is because momentum plays a role - and the team with said momentum, should benefit. I had it off because I didn't think it would give me the true, bare to bones, result of the slider (i.e. boost in ratings, etc) - but now I'm just sticking to it being on.

I forgot to mention this on my previous post, but I put them on 50 offense and 50 defense. I even believe 60 would be better for offense, and 50 remain for defense.
I started the game at Georgia tech defense at 50/50 and they seem to be blitzing every pass play to make the middle of the field wide open I have played around with it a little and im not sure I am understanding the numbers
aggressive/conservative 15.............50...........85
When I move it to the left 35........65 the 65 should be conservative but it seems to be playing opposite. I 've had less blitzing with 55.......45 while the 55 is on the aggressive side, am I doing this correctly or am I having a blonde moment?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #3611
MVP

jp18's Arena

Nm.....I've got it figured out and hopefully the rest of this game holds true it may be the best I have ever played. One td so far from the syracuse defense on a user strip on an option play and proceeded to run it back 76 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #3612
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I started the game at Georgia tech defense at 50/50 and they seem to be blitzing every pass play to make the middle of the field wide open I have played around with it a little and im not sure I am understanding the numbers
When I move it to the left 35........65 the 65 should be conservative but it seems to be playing opposite. I 've had less blitzing with 55.......45 while the 55 is on the aggressive side, am I doing this correctly or am I having a blonde moment?
I believe the sliders for the coaches work in relation to the first listed item. So, things like Run / Pass Ration, the number relates to the Run. So a 35, would make the team more pass focused, where a number like 65 would be run.

So, a 35 makes it less aggressive (since it's reading it as 35% Aggressive.) The higher the number, the more aggressive, that's how I've seen it.

Also, I haven't gotten to test it yet, but I'm curious jp18 is how does GT play. Matt was playing last night and absolutely destroyed them; they had like five fumbles. I wonder how the Option teams are effected by the sliders, if it was a one time thing, or if it's a pattern.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #3613
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Did you do it for all coaches? HC/OC and DC?
Old 05-19-2014, 08:19 PM   #3614
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
I believe the sliders for the coaches work in relation to the first listed item. So, things like Run / Pass Ration, the number relates to the Run. So a 35, would make the team more pass focused, where a number like 65 would be run.

So, a 35 makes it less aggressive (since it's reading it as 35% Aggressive.) The higher the number, the more aggressive, that's how I've seen it.

Also, I haven't gotten to test it yet, but I'm curious jp18 is how does GT play. Matt was playing last night and absolutely destroyed them; they had like five fumbles. I wonder how the Option teams are effected by the sliders, if it was a one time thing, or if it's a pattern.
Yeah, i'd like more tests done here as well. I will when I get the chance - but more people the better.

My imagination is that it could either A) run block or B) threshold.

Yes, GT completely got destroyed because they lost all momentum with those 5 fumbles by their QB. It was as if a player of my team was there everytime - not really seeming to cut off the angle - they just happened to be a body in the way - and that is where the CPU QB opted to pitch the ball.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #3615
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345

Ok first ive tested it fully the first thing listed is aggressive and I put that to 75 to see how it would play I looked at every replay and marked down blitzes ended up being a total of 10 blitzes for ga tech out of my 52 plays so im believing the higher the number to the left side is the conservative.

The game itself after this adjustment was great from the animations to difficulty and so on. My team is rated at an 83 77 offense 88 defense ga tech 85 82 offense 88 defense. The game ended up being my #1 classic I was undefeated at 6-0 and they were 5-1.

Sy ga tech
score 13 17
Total o 270. 211
Rush 28-94 48-176 2 tds
pass 17/24-176 1int 3/17-735
3rd 5/12. 3/11
Turn 2. 1 (2 fum 1lost for a td)
Top 19:10. 18:59

Ga tech was down 13-10 with 8:00 to go and went on a drive that absolutely killed my defense. I got them to a 4th and 3 they ran a corner route and when it was thrown it looked like it was going out of bounds. The ball dropped right over my lb and in front of my corner in a tight window and the wr made an awesome catch. They went on to score a td leaving me 1:02 left I did get my only big play on this drive and called a timeout with 2 seconds left at the 22. I dropped back they got immediate pressure and I had no where to throw it my qb is pretty fast so I took off and hoped, got a nice block at the 10 and thought I had a chance I used the modifier to jump just as the safety was about to unload....result great in air collision resulting in a fumble at the goaline, I replayed it at least 10 times and it was oh so close wish I new how to upload it off my phone if thats possible. No tanking this game played solid all the way through I dont remember the last time I was held under 100 yards rushing. Ga techs rushing was a bit low but I do change my defense to a 4-2-5 and use a lb as the safety I can line up in different spots. I also play pitch man aggressive and i user the safety to stop the qb. In this game the safety I usered had 17 tackles and 2 forced fumbles 1 recovery 1 td the only hard part about it is if you miss the tackle there's usually no one else there and I missed a handful lol mainly on there td drive. Overall I thought the ratings played out great my defense is stout they played like it. My o-line stinks and they really played like it. I would've expected more passing but there ratings stink and my dbacks aren't to bad. I have decent wr but there dbacks were better and with them not blitzing so much it really tightened up the game, hit the check downs a lot more than I desire but I was picked the one time I tried to force it. Sorry for a long rant hope it helps I am pretty relieved that the game played so well. I hope this posts the way it looks and doesn't all run together so its readable!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #3616
MVP

jp18's Arena

I was also playing with Matt's setup except I forgot to change the penalties back was using 95 offside 1 false start 1 holding 1 facemask (saw a lot of wrap up tackles wouldnt think it was this but never know) opi 15 dpi 1 threshold at 35 home field advantage on everything else was the same!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »