Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #3961
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Live testing pass coverage some more:

Watch live video from Matt10l on www.twitch.tv

Last edited by Matt10; 06-22-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 03:59 AM   #3962
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Could someone test these and let me know what you think. I was aiming for a way to see low threshold but good coverage. These actually play pretty well coverage and much room for deflections. Really like how these feel and look.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited by Matt10; 06-22-2014 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #3963
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Could someone test these and let me know what you think. I was aiming for a way to see low threshold but good coverage. These actually play pretty well coverage and much room for deflections. Really like how these feel and look.

Let me know!

Thanks!

Matt buddy, you have a full-blown case of slideritis

But first off...WHOA, did you really lower QBA that low?!!!! (I'm assuming that is a typo....)

I've never been a big fan of low threshold sets (not saying they can't work, just not usually my cup of tea). If they work well, then post them as an alternate set....because....

Making an edit to my original post: I think I will give these a shot. As much as I adore the 25 threshold set, I feel like some of that college explosiveness is missing....

----------------------------
The 25 threshold set posted yesterday is working very well. I started that Purdue dynasty we talked about on Twitch. The Henry/Etling debate at QB was decided quickly as Henry threw four picks in the first half in game one versus Cincy. Etling came in and played solid, but we still lost 34-17. Game two against ULL was a bit of a blowout as I won 31-3. Neither team could get the ground game going but Etling played well (with no picks).

Game three was at home against Rival Notre Dame and boy was it a rivalry game. The two teams slugged it out in the first half and wound up tied at 10. Notre Dame scores a quick TD at the start of the 2nd half but Purdue comes back to tie it at 17. After a couple of possessions, Notre Dame gets another TD to go up 24-17. I had several chances to tie it up, but their defense kept stepping up with jarring hits over the middle or deflections or sacks. The worst moment was a 4th and goal late in the 4th. I had a slant open up and zipped it in there for the go-ahead TD....but the pass came up short as Stephon Tuitt got his hands up and partially deflected the ball.....

These are really playing well, you can even hit a deep pass once in a while, which I love. Players are playing to their ratings and I can usually tell when I have a mis-match, one way or the other...

Great Stuff.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 06-22-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #3964
Rookie

OVR: 0

only one half into stanford- usc with newest set... what really jumped out at me:
the rb's and wr's definately seem to see the field better resulting in better cuts and decision making. IOW- run left, see hole plugged, make adustment and try up the gut or right. wilkerson (gaffney is hurt) for stanford, has done this often. also seen some bad qb throws.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #3965
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Matt buddy, you have a full-blown case of slideritis

But first off...WHOA, did you really lower QBA that low?!!!! (I'm assuming that is a typo....)

I've never been a big fan of low threshold sets (not saying they can't work, just not usually my cup of tea). If they work well, then post them as an alternate set....because....

Making an edit to my original post: I think I will give these a shot. As much as I adore the 25 threshold set, I feel like some of that college explosiveness is missing....

----------------------------
The 25 threshold set posted yesterday is working very well. I started that Purdue dynasty we talked about on Twitch. The Henry/Etling debate at QB was decided quickly as Henry threw four picks in the first half in game one versus Cincy. Etling came in and played solid, but we still lost 34-17. Game two against ULL was a bit of a blowout as I won 31-3. Neither team could get the ground game going but Etling played well (with no picks).

Game three was at home against Rival Notre Dame and boy was it a rivalry game. The two teams slugged it out in the first half and wound up tied at 10. Notre Dame scores a quick TD at the start of the 2nd half but Purdue comes back to tie it at 17. After a couple of possessions, Notre Dame gets another TD to go up 24-17. I had several chances to tie it up, but their defense kept stepping up with jarring hits over the middle or deflections or sacks. The worst moment was a 4th and goal late in the 4th. I had a slant open up and zipped it in there for the go-ahead TD....but the pass came up short as Stephon Tuitt got his hands up and partially deflected the ball.....

These are really playing well, you can even hit a deep pass once in a while, which I love. Players are playing to their ratings and I can usually tell when I have a mis-match, one way or the other...

Great Stuff.
Lol, Josh - you're starting to become "shut up" worth - ask Wolves and Cowher about what an honor that is. Lol. I kid.

QBA @ 10/5 is no typo. As we pmd - the combo of the PBL and IG has resulted in quick decisions - and true to ratings. The bomb is still there too. Best part is user DB's respond to the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jack
only one half into stanford- usc with newest set... what really jumped out at me:
the rb's and wr's definately seem to see the field better resulting in better cuts and decision making. IOW- run left, see hole plugged, make adustment and try up the gut or right. wilkerson (gaffney is hurt) for stanford, has done this often. also seen some bad qb throws.
Yup that soundsa bout right. I've always been a fan of thresh @ 5 - just haven't made it work before like it is now. Keep testing thanks jack!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #3966
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Lot of testing going on today, guys. Thanks for your patience. The following is playing really good. Please try it out and provide feedback. Thanks.

I used these for two games in my dynasty yesterday. One against an Army team slightly below my talent and wise and a Penn State team slightly above me. I lost both games. Only concerns was Army's low 70 rated QB looking a little too good. But then PSU's 90 ovr QB played more realistic. He played well, but still made mistakes. I think I'm gonna stick with these. They played great, man! I had a low scoring defensive game and a shoot out.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #3967
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I used these for two games in my dynasty yesterday. One against an Army team slightly below my talent and wise and a Penn State team slightly above me. I lost both games. Only concerns was Army's low 70 rated QB looking a little too good. But then PSU's 90 ovr QB played more realistic. He played well, but still made mistakes. I think I'm gonna stick with these. They played great, man! I had a low scoring defensive game and a shoot out.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
Cool, Shiz - we might have to release two sets then. Try the lower thresh as well - and see how it plays out for you. We like it so far.

Last edited by Matt10; 06-22-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #3968
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Watch live video from Matt10l on www.twitch.tv

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »