Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #4009
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

With latest set, only change RBA 35/35

Alabama Crimson Tide at LSU Tigers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Alabama Crimson Tide (4-4)35
#2 LSU Tigers (7-1)28
Team Stats Comparison
ALALSU
Total Offense490368
Rushing Yards202152
Passing Yards288216
First Downs1713
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards541426
Turnovers34
3rd Down Converstion9-124-10
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals5-3-04-2-0
Penalties0-00-0
Posession Time2615
Alabama Crimson Tide
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Beck18/2527832
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. Williams18804.40
J. Beck11666.01
A. Brown9566.21
LSU Tigers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Cook15/2221622
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
W. Kelly18965.30
M. Cook10585.82

Really good game. They scored 14 on me early and I came back through some tipped turnovers. Final 2 minutes I was driving and threw a dumb INT in traffic, they went down the field running the clock out and scored with 10 seconds left. Lots of big plays in this game, I scored on 2 50+ yard TD bombs, and they scored on a 70+ yard bomb and a 50+ yard or so QB run. Felt good. First time a team has put respectable rushing yards on me too.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #4010
Rookie

OVR: 0

Your threshold number combined with RBA makes your explosiveness. 35 has been my minimum RBA for about 8 copies of NCAA. It is a universal number just like quarterback accuracy at 10. Every game for a decade has been the same. You are never going to get it perfect, it doesn't exist, when you tinker with one thing it counters or changes every thing else.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #4011
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhWowAUnicow
just wonder if you change the cpu playbooks also, because alot of the times i go to change the aggression than say the team is alabama than the head coach has an offense playbook of alabama and defense with alabama but than the offense of coordinators have completely different playbooks. just wondering or does it not matter
I've thought the same thing too. The only thing I can think of is RBA and QBA in terms of getting that kill factor. But then again, I am not sure I want to go down that path because we actually have things tight on this threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #4012
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I really think these are money with the RBA at 35!!! Played a great game as Utah vs. Oregon State (w/ HFA off as an experiment).

Mannion threw deep several times, and was successful on a couple of them. One he horribly overthrew. Another he underthrew, which was perfect as his receiver stopped, turned around, and snagged it....my DB couldn't stop to recover in time.

Shocking....turnovers did me in

Observation: I think what HFA does is reduce the number of plays before a player gets hot or cold (on PS3, hold R2 and right stick down at the line of scrimmage). When I played with HFA on, it took very little time for players to get hot or cold. It took much longer when HFA was off. This is how you can get some wacky results sometimes based on good (or bad) starts to games.

Regardless of whether or not HFA is on, defensive players get "hot" much more readily. With HFA on, the effect is amplified and you can see some crazy defensive games (especially from LEs...which have naturally been overpowered in every EA game I can remember for the last several years).

Not making a judgment one way or another; I think if you want games to play truer to the ratings, you leave it off....if you want a little variety in your life, leave it on....
Old 06-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #4013
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I really think these are money with the RBA at 35!!! Played a great game as Utah vs. Oregon State (w/ HFA off as an experiment).

Mannion threw deep several times, and was successful on a couple of them. One he horribly overthrew. Another he underthrew, which was perfect as his receiver stopped, turned around, and snagged it....my DB couldn't stop to recover in time.

Shocking....turnovers did me in

Observation: I think what HFA does is reduce the number of plays before a player gets hot or cold (on PS3, hold R2 and right stick down at the line of scrimmage). When I played with HFA on, it took very little time for players to get hot or cold. It took much longer when HFA was off. This is how you can get some wacky results sometimes based on good (or bad) starts to games.

Regardless of whether or not HFA is on, defensive players get "hot" much more readily. With HFA on, the effect is amplified and you can see some crazy defensive games (especially from LEs...which have naturally been overpowered in every EA game I can remember for the last several years).

Not making a judgment one way or another; I think if you want games to play truer to the ratings, you leave it off....if you want a little variety in your life, leave it on....
I want players to play to their rating. So if 61 Umass against 91 Alabma come into town - Umass loses big. So I'll play with HFA off some more.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #4014
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Guys here is the most up date on the sliders, taking your feedback into account. Changed RBA to 35/35 and HFA on/off since that is up in the air - it will be posted on the OP. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2014, 02:26 AM   #4015
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Guys here is the most up date on the sliders, taking your feedback into account. Changed RBA to 35/35 and HFA on/off since that is up in the air - it will be posted on the OP. Thanks!

i am getting ready to test these with the Oregon State dynasty i am starting. i got tired of losing with Idaho and need to find a way to win. Lol. jk, it was time to go back to my main team and see what these slides can do. i will post results when they come.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 04:12 AM   #4016
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

I have a feeling these sliders are meant to be human controlled cause the cpu ai for coach mode is ridiculous. At halftime Hawaii is up 38-10. I am the OC and the offense can't move the ball and the defense can't stop anything it appears.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders »