Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2014, 04:40 AM   #4017
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Oregon State at Hawaii - OC for OSU and in coach mode...final stats

Hawaii 48 - Oregon State 23

Oregon State 22 first downs, 465 total yards, 22 for 26 yards and a td running, 36 of 51 for 439 yards and 2 tds passing, 8-14 on 3rd down, 1-2 on 4th, 5 turnovers (one fumble that i swear was a forward pass and 4 ints, 2 of which were my fault because i took over hoping to help pull out the win, epic fail)
T.O.P. 19:13

Hawaii 23 first downs, 455 total yards, 32 for 86 yards and 2 tds rushing, 27 of 45 for 369 and 3 tds passing, 12 of 19 on 3rd down, 1 turnover (fumble), T.O.P. 16:47

1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Or St 7 3 13 0
Haw. 21 17 3 7

It was a bad day, plus they still had their first stringers in, but my te set the record for most receptions in a game, lol, mainly because of the four verts. We were out of the game before half time. I am going to try it again with HFA off and see what happens.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #4018
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I think my zero threshold set is just about done. I know it's not a popular threshold, but I can post it if you guys are interested.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:46 AM   #4019
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
Oregon State at Hawaii - OC for OSU and in coach mode...final stats

Hawaii 48 - Oregon State 23

Oregon State 22 first downs, 465 total yards, 22 for 26 yards and a td running, 36 of 51 for 439 yards and 2 tds passing, 8-14 on 3rd down, 1-2 on 4th, 5 turnovers (one fumble that i swear was a forward pass and 4 ints, 2 of which were my fault because i took over hoping to help pull out the win, epic fail)
T.O.P. 19:13

Hawaii 23 first downs, 455 total yards, 32 for 86 yards and 2 tds rushing, 27 of 45 for 369 and 3 tds passing, 12 of 19 on 3rd down, 1 turnover (fumble), T.O.P. 16:47

1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Or St 7 3 13 0
Haw. 21 17 3 7

It was a bad day, plus they still had their first stringers in, but my te set the record for most receptions in a game, lol, mainly because of the four verts. We were out of the game before half time. I am going to try it again with HFA off and see what happens.

Let me know how that goes. I think HFA just has to be off at this point. I honestly can't understand it. I think Josh said it best though - true to ratings = HFA off.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:52 AM   #4020
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Let me know how that goes. I think HFA just has to be off at this point. I honestly can't understand it. I think Josh said it best though - true to ratings = HFA off.
i will post my findings. Game is being played now.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:55 AM   #4021
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

The runningbacks seem to be unable to make the cuts now and they don't hit the holes like they used to. Kind of a shame for pro style teams. I don't like to pass a lot but it seems i an forced to and even then the qb seems stupid with his choices of targets. Also the dumb scrambling in the pocket or out if the pocket which results in major loss of yards.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2014, 05:40 AM   #4022
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

Bah! I had the game won with a FG but i got greedy and didn't have time to call a time out after the last play of the 4th. It was closer then the box score. It was 24-24, should have been 27-24 though. Final score Hawaii 52 Oregon State 46 (4 OTs)

Stat line

Oregon State 23 first downs, 512 total offense, 32 for 53 and 2 tds rushing (still not where it should be but it is what it is), 44 of 59 for 459 yards and 4 tds, 3 turnovers (a fumble and two ints, one in the 4th OT), 13 of 23 on 3rd, T.O.P 23:03

Hawaii 20 first downs,514 total offense, 30 for 117 and 2 tds rushing, 25 of 48 for 397 yards and 4 tds passing, 1 fumble, 13 of 19 on 3rd down, T.O.P 14:02.

I watched one play during the game and i stopped after because Hawaii threw a screen that got my defense all mixed up. They gave up a long td after looking silly. Again my te set the record and that was before overtime.

I feel HFA definitely overpowers some teams, plus i know i am the reason we lost this game but still i can't quite figure out the reason behind the run game going nowhere. Thoughts?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #4023
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Here's my thought in regards to HFA on/off.

With it off,there just seems to me that there's no urgency in the away team at all,they just play a normal game whether being up or down in regards to score.

Going into a game against say Ohio State or Alabama as a lower ranked team, I should have to bring my "A" game and not make alot of mistakes,if I do? the outcome should reflect that,with HFA off,I feel like there's no repercussion if I play poorly.

After all,being the underdog going into the bigger games,my lower ranked team SHOULD be nervous,and I'm going to try like hell to get the momentum on my side and pull out the upset.

With HFA off,I just don't get that feeling.

Now,with that being said...HFA on should make for a more difficult game,because as I was saying it should be difficult going into a better opponents home stadium.

If either the cpu or myself lose the momentum,what happens? the given team is going to "force" the issue to try and get back into the game...and this leads to either some really nice plays (gaining momentum) or turning the ball over (losing momentum).

This is something that's going to come down to user preference,for myself I am going to play with it on,as I want to be challenged going into a "hostile environment" and likewise when a team comes to my place.

If a better team comes into my place,I'm going to have to play at the top of my game,as 1-2 mistakes may make all the difference in the world in the outcome of my game.

I'm going to test this theory in exhibition mode using my created "average joe" team against a highly ranked team with HFA on at my stadium.

I will post my results after the game is complete

Anyway,that's MY thoughts concerning HFA...

I know...."shut up Cowher"....LMAO
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #4024
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Here's my thought in regards to HFA on/off.
I agree, I got this feeling too in that Bama/LSU game I had. And like I said in the post, they actually scored 14 on me real quick, so HFA doesn't automatically nerf the away team or anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »