Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:25 PM   #4041
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Matt it wouldn't**** let me see the picture of the sliders can you post it in another way please
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #4042
Rookie

See if the link will work.

http://imageshack.com/a/img843/8176/9w5q.png
Old 06-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #4043
Rookie

rookiesensation's Arena

OVR: 2

My only concerns with the newest set with the 0 thresh that i saw in the game were that the notre dame qb was completeing 90% granted mostly dink and dunk passes and the fact that etling a 78 overall was able to throw for over 400 yards and granted he was controlled by me but i felt i had no problems passing other than that though they played pretty well but not as good as some of the previous sets
Old 06-25-2014, 01:18 AM   #4044
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiesensation
My only concerns with the newest set with the 0 thresh that i saw in the game were that the notre dame qb was completeing 90% granted mostly dink and dunk passes and the fact that etling a 78 overall was able to throw for over 400 yards and granted he was controlled by me but i felt i had no problems passing other than that though they played pretty well but not as good as some of the previous sets
The main thing I've learned from this is that every game is different. I too threw for 400 yards, in my only win. The next game - barely 150; after that - even lower.

I've never started 1-3 before, and that's where I'm at using Illinois. It's college football - it's wide open again - but there are moments of pure defense (like my unfortunate run in with KU, ugh).

Give it more games. Do not judge off of just one. Most of the guys on here will say the same. Make sure HFA is on as well, crazy how much of a difference that makes. Also, and something I'm actually doing, research the team you're playing against. I was getting torched by Udub's back up QB because he had receivers that were in the 90's in speed and acceleration, not to mention excellent route running. My Db's were very poor in agility and awareness - I didn't do my research, and chose to play man coverage all game.

Strategy is going to play a significant role. If you're getting beat by a team, and you've used the coaching sliders as you should, it's because they've exploited your weakness - and will continue to do so until you adjust. Either adjust playcalling, or adjust the defensive/offensive adjustment option in the playcall screen.

I can safely say this is the most fun I've had in testing this game, and sliders in general. I cannot wait to play again right at this moment. I'm glad I resisted the temptation to change anything because of said high completion percentage after a half, or high rushing after a half - or vice versa where the 95 ovr RB had 5 rushing yards. All this only to see them step up when it's time - and get gashed because I took it for granted.

But again, HFA must be on. I can't stress this enough.

Last edited by Matt10; 06-25-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:04 AM   #4045
MVP

jp18's Arena

Just something interesting about 0 threshold. Being the life blood of this game I tried some work with it today. Just to see what it truly does besides speed and footwork. I took 2 equal teams same player ratings across the board slider at 0 or at 100 anywhere in between with 100 threshold always massive line push. Started taking threshold down and you can slowly see that line push evaporate even with 100 run blk. Matt you are definitely right 0 is gold at this number it plays of the player ratings and how high the slider is for the amount of line push.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 02:21 AM   #4046
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
Just something interesting about 0 threshold. Being the life blood of this game I tried some work with it today. Just to see what it truly does besides speed and footwork. I took 2 equal teams same player ratings across the board slider at 0 or at 100 anywhere in between with 100 threshold always massive line push. Started taking threshold down and you can slowly see that line push evaporate even with 100 run blk. Matt you are definitely right 0 is gold at this number it plays of the player ratings and how high the slider is for the amount of line push.
You are the man, jp. Yes, great testing there. It's just been that kind of day with this set up that I have felt - why we didn't try this all along? I knew that the game would play better @ zero thresh, but there was no way to get the coverage and overall 'feel' right.

Once the set worked on 5; I felt better - and now it was time to explore zero. I put "Zero is the Hero" in the OP because yeah, like you said, it's true to ratings and it actually takes all the modifications into account. For instance, coaching sliders - great before, but now even better - and the CPU executes the gameplan as a result. There is no handicap (threshold) - so you have to do your homework.

It took a lot of time - but it's a victory today, it took a year - but I'd say it was worth it.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:48 AM   #4047
Rookie

Matt I still can't see the sliders, is their a way you could try to post it them a different way so I can see them please
Old 06-25-2014, 03:10 AM   #4048
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1016
Matt I still can't see the sliders, is their a way you could try to post it them a different way so I can see them please
Heisman/Heisman; 9 mins, Zero threshold, Normal speed, HFA On.

Penalties:

Offsides - 50
False Start - 50
Holding - 99
Facemask - 54
OPI - 0
DPI - 0
KR/PR - 50
Clipping - 50
IG - 95
RTP - 50
RTK - 30

Custom AI

User/CPU

QBA - 10/5
PBL - 50/50
WRC - 50/50
RBA - 45/45
RBL - 0/35
PCV - 5/55
INT - 45/45
RDEF - 50/50
TAK - 30/30
*special teams are personal preference, but here's mine:
FGP - 70/70
FGA - 0/35
PP - 25/50
PAC - 50/100
KOP - 0/50

Coaching sliders: all aggression set to 50/50 or as close as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »