Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #4057
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I kinda hear ya', HFA is a bit weird.....

However, I have always found that LSU isn't as dangerous on this game as they are in real life (any slider set used or roster used). They don't run enough with their backs and run way too many shotgun plays. This is a power football team that doesn't play as much like one as I would like (especially if you use 14-15 rosters w/o Mettenberger).

I suspect it is the LSU playbook or something hidden in the coaching rating that makes a difference...

Just my two cents.....

I agree with that it is mind boggling how this works. I read in an earlier post by you about the hot/cold streaks. I am playing around with this with memphis and lsu, lsu doesn't play the way they should but you are definitely right about those streaks. I gave up a 10 play 66 yard drive held lsu to a fg next drive I look at them 9/11 of my defensive players were on a hot streak. First 2 plays incomplete pass and a 1 yard run entire defense was on a hot streak. I proceeded to purposely make user errors until lsu scored. Next possession still all hot. If I could only see there's to see if they get this type of boost as well. On offense I have done nothing but I have my offensive line on a hot streak. Is it fair to say you were seeing similar results?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #4058
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
I agree with that it is mind boggling how this works. I read in an earlier post by you about the hot/cold streaks. I am playing around with this with memphis and lsu, lsu doesn't play the way they should but you are definitely right about those streaks. I gave up a 10 play 66 yard drive held lsu to a fg next drive I look at them 9/11 of my defensive players were on a hot streak. First 2 plays incomplete pass and a 1 yard run entire defense was on a hot streak. I proceeded to purposely make user errors until lsu scored. Next possession still all hot. If I could only see there's to see if they get this type of boost as well. On offense I have done nothing but I have my offensive line on a hot streak. Is it fair to say you were seeing similar results?
I haven't see anything quite that extreme. How well-developed is your coach skill tree? Is there something there which might explain it?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #4059
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
I haven't see anything quite that extreme. How well-developed is your coach skill tree? Is there something there which might explain it?
Memphis is a level 1 I always start with 1 and go with the slowest progression.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #4060
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Memphis is a level 1 I always start with 1 and go with the slowest progression.
Alright, that's good to know (tough and rewarding way to play; I like that as well) .

I have a couple of ideas that I will try out today.....may amount to nothing, but I'm curious....

Will let you know if I come up with anything...
Old 06-25-2014, 10:43 AM   #4061
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Alright, that's good to know (tough and rewarding way to play; I like that as well) .

I have a couple of ideas that I will try out today.....may amount to nothing, but I'm curious....

Will let you know if I come up with anything...
Ok....I dont use money plays and I dont run read option. I have a fairly mobile qb but I run him either on scrambles or qb powers. On defense I do a little bit of everything, mainly user the safety and rarely switch unless im seeing my players being overwhelmed. I dont know if this helps, but il be looking forward to your findings!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #4062
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Ok....I dont use money plays and I dont run read option. I have a fairly mobile qb but I run him either on scrambles or qb powers. On defense I do a little bit of everything, mainly user the safety and rarely switch unless im seeing my players being overwhelmed. I dont know if this helps, but il be looking forward to your findings!
I'm going to try to replicate your findings first....starting off as Memphis at LSU. In the meantime, can you please give me Les Miles' skill tree points from your dynasty (just under Game Management - don't care about recruiting)?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #4063
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

I was using a fellow fcs team, Portland State, both teams were 63 overall and it wasn't getting beat that got me, it was losing 49-14 that got me. After that loss i just wanted the season to be over. Sadly this next season might not be better unless we land some awesome recruits.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #4064
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
I'm going to try to replicate your findings first....starting off as Memphis at LSU. In the meantime, can you please give me Les Miles' skill tree points from your dynasty (just under Game Management - don't care about recruiting)?
Give me a few min. Ive got to fire it back up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football > NCAA Football Sliders »