Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #4105
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
And I bet if you were to re-play that game again....it would be totally different...nice job on the blowout....I know you're using a crappy team, so getting a win against even an FCS opponent is going to be a challenge.
Oh you know it will be different. the outcome was in my favor this time. next time i wouldn't get so lucky. Especially with a true freshman QB.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #4106
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

I think CPU passing is solid. Everything works like it should. I will give these changes a chance in another dynasty but i like the old current zero thresh sliders.

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #4107
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Lol, don't knock it till you've tried it.

The problem I'm seeing with some feedback is that we are isolating each value. You can't do that with a zero threshold - or any slider set in most cases. It's a balancing act. I raised RBA, and compensated for it by increasing HUM TAK. I'm not seeing any Barry Sanders play at all - if anything I'm seeing backs being more purposeful. Notice how we face backs @ 45 RBA and while nice they get good yardage - they hardly score TD's - why? Because they aren't finishing forward, they're going going sideways or even stopping because they're waiting for the blocks. Now it's more in-sync, but also room for the User to make a good tackle.

QB Accuracy is another one of those isolated issues. You can't say lower QBA but not adjust anything else. I would lower WRC before touching QBA because QBA is too sensitive - WRC actually impacts the coverage.
Oh I agree in messing with certain things "break" another and that it is indeed a "balancing" act.
It just seems to me that we'll get 1-2 things right,then we break a couple more..and in that process of fixing what we broke,we break again what was fixed....it's a never ending vicious cycle.

Now that's not to say they CAN'T be fixed,but it starts to feel like a dog chasing his tail..lmao Sure he can catch it sometimes,but others?
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 06-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #4108
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Oh I agree in messing with certain things "break" another and that it is indeed a "balancing" act.
It just seems to me that we'll get 1-2 things right,then we break a couple more..and in that process of fixing what we broke,we break again what was fixed....it's a never ending vicious cycle.

Now that's not to say they CAN'T be fixed,but it starts to feel like a dog chasing his tail..lmao Sure he can catch it sometimes,but others?
I'd say RBA @ 55 and tak @ 40 fixed more than it harmed. Punt Returns, Kick Returns and interceptions returns alone are fixed. More direct running. Yeah, I'll take that.

And Cowher, you know it's not like me to push something just to push it. I'm seeing it through 5 games, and I dig it. So Shutup, Cowher - and get some games in, old man :P
Old 06-26-2014, 02:50 PM   #4109
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yup, posted below.

Try what I have posted. But yeah, if you want more INTs - the natural thought is increase it. You could also try lower WRC for CPU to 45, I haven't tried it yet.

Test set: 6/26/14

Reason for change (posted on previous page):

The reason I wanted to look at the passing game is because of reactions, and toning down interceptions. I started to see every corner as a threat to intercept a ball. This means they were catching picks like wide receivers. At some point, the reality is it doesn't look, or feel, right.

What I am seeing now - is much better reaction - on both sides. Even though they aren't successful attempts at times (because WRC is still @ 50) the animation primarily goes the route of swat versus pick - even if the defender is trailing the route. My thoughts are yes this makes sense because why would I try to animate a swat attempt if my first priority is to pick the ball (higher INT) - so what happens is there is sometimes no animation at all. What doesn't happen as often is when you switch the nearest defender, and go for the pick/swat attempt and they just stop moving completely.

The other advantage is the CPU QB decision making. Being able to take more risks = less completions = more realistic completion %. This has potential to also result in less dink/dunk passes.

I know you have concerns, but let's take into the benefits of modifying RBA.

1. More RB awareness - not just for the RB himself, but for DBs returning picks, KR/PR don't just run to the sidelines - they stay in the middle of the field and then start their break down the sidelines.

2. Quicker on the draw plays. CPU likes to go for runs on 3rd down at times - not ever successful because on 45 the acceleration takes a tad too long. On 35 it's the same way, so the happy medium that I have found is 55.

3. More direct running. Don't get me wrong, you'll still see RB's cutting in and out - but they'll finish runs going forwards and less of that "stop n go" that you tend to see - especially on the goal-line.

4. Receivers in open space. We know with the coaching sliders the secondary is in a more realistic position to stop long gains after the catch. Now this opens up the receivers to be more creative with what they do after they've caught the ball.

Yes, the special blocks have a chance to be less available. But those 4 benefits largely outweigh that concern of mine. If it's fatigue as well - then more people get to see their back ups, I think that's a common wish to have more of - can't imagine it not working properly with the implementation of your auto - subs as well.
A month or so ago, I had a Coach Mode set where RBA was set at 100. Really, really liked it at that number. Seemed liked all skill players played with purpose. Lesser players still played like lesser players but the games were a bit too wide open. Could never find a balance. Wish I could though. I really liked how it played.

What's the highest you've set RBA at Matt?

I make Classic rosters and play and the ratings are skewed compared to most. It's hard for me to find a slider set for these rosters. I had one slider set a half year ago that was damn near perfect but there weren't many breakaway runs. The games weren't explosive enough. I've been tweaking sliders ever since.

Also, I seen where some guys were using these in Coach Mode and they say they made a few changes. What were those changes?
Old 06-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #4110
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

What's up Matt? I think you are spot on with 0 threshold and 55 CPU RBA. College football is dominated by offense these days. Big plays are the norm. Here's a few stats that I mentioned to you on Twitch: NCAA 2013-2014 70 PR TDS/ NCAA my season 11 PR TDS. I'm sure that EA uses the same base components as Madden. Those stats clearly indicate that this game is not open enough, at it's core it's really Madden. As far as the Barry Sanderesque RBs, in my experience gang tackling neutralizes it. The CPU needs some advantages to be consistently competitive in this game. My approach is that we're going to be playing this for a few years, so I made it super competitive to start so that I won't need to continue to change sliders around as my skills increase. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by jahswill; 06-26-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #4111
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

This is my first game with the updated settings...my team is a B,while Idaho was a D-

Idaho Vandals at
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Idaho Vandals ()70007
()714281463
Team Stats Comparison
IDHO
Total Offense175463
Rushing Yards21217
Passing Yards154246
First Downs1017
Punt Return Yards1170
Kick Return Yards17345
Total Yards359578
Turnovers32
3rd Down Converstion16%85%
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-1-05-5-0
Penalties1-122-25
Posession Time15:0720:53
Idaho Vandals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Chalich12/2515403
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Chalich13000
Brown10333.31
Montgomery4-12-3.00
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Perkins14/1824612
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Barnett191326.91
Kane8506.23
Perkins6203.32

A few thought upcoming,but have to eat first....lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #4112
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

All backs have decent speed and agility im liking the higher rba as well the less agility and juke guys with more power are plowing my defenders over when they have a low tackle rating while the scat backs are eating me up in space.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »