Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #4321
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I did make two changes to the one Josh posted above:

CPU RBL to 25 from 35
HUM RDEF to 25 from 40

Reason is with a higher CPU RBL there is more "glue" more face on blocking than I would like to see, with it @ 25 there is a mix - but also an even line push. Add on the HUM RDEF now you have players not completely over-pursue their angles, primarily the linebackers - who with the high RDEF and CPU RBL - they would get sucked into the glue and the secondary would have to shed their blocks to make the plays.
Intriguing changes, I'll try them out....but given how much we have neutered the CPU passing game, we have to be careful not to neuter the CPU run game as well. As Matt learned last night, the set I posted has some 'bite' to it and the CPU is a challenge. I don't want to lose that.

That said, I do think that the CPU ability to shed tackles is a tad extreme and I have an idea to tone it down without changing the tackle settings, which will mess up the running and pursuit angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 AM   #4322
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played the Tide vs. Chattanooga, week 13 of '13 season. IRL-- 49-0 Tide.

Used whatever set was posted at 3:00 pm yesterday. LOL! Wanted to see a blowout, and it was. 66-0 Tide. I did not try to pour it on... but, Chatanooga had 4 turnovers, with 5 minutes left in the 2nd qtr.

Their QB was something like 19- 40 for the game. Did mass subs for the Tide by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Tide running game was dominant. Checked the RL boxscore and Bama ran and threw to their ratings.

Thanks again! Loving every tweak...
Old 07-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #4323
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Intriguing changes, I'll try them out....but given how much we have neutered the CPU passing game, we have to be careful not to neuter the CPU run game as well. As Matt learned last night, the set I posted has some 'bite' to it and the CPU is a challenge. I don't want to lose that.

That said, I do think that the CPU ability to shed tackles is a tad extreme and I have an idea to tone it down without changing the tackle settings, which will mess up the running and pursuit angles.
Yeah, try them out first. I know to the eye it seems like it would hurt the CPU's run game more than help, but the main thing I noticed was that the gang tackling was back in the trenches. With a somewhat higher RBL and higher RDEF - the "glue factor" occured in the trenches - and the secondary was forced to make the plays and/or blitzes.

Now, even with the broken tackles on occasion, there is a chance it will happen in the trenches and the supporting cast (secondary and linebackers, even DL) will join in to finish the job.

I like TAK where it's at, it is definitely a decision to be made that you can't just big hit but you also have to be aware of what kind of tackle. A dive tackle may make the play on a bigger tight end - but not a smaller back where you don't have the support - much how it was last night against Barry Sanders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jack
Played the Tide vs. Chattanooga, week 13 of '13 season. IRL-- 49-0 Tide.

Used whatever set was posted at 3:00 pm yesterday. LOL! Wanted to see a blowout, and it was. 66-0 Tide. I did not try to pour it on... but, Chatanooga had 4 turnovers, with 5 minutes left in the 2nd qtr.

Their QB was something like 19- 40 for the game. Did mass subs for the Tide by the end of the 2nd quarter.

Tide running game was dominant. Checked the RL boxscore and Bama ran and threw to their ratings.

Thanks again! Loving every tweak...
Awesome, man! Yeah, sounds like Version 5 - it's in the Spoilers of the OP. We enhanced it and kept fundamentals of the version with version 6. I think you'll enjoy it
Old 07-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #4324
Rookie

TheUFGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Ok guys this was my stat line using version 6. I felt it played really realistic. I started off slow on the ground but towards the third I really just took it too them. And really just played keep away. There were no INts between both teams but a descent amount of over throws and a couple drops which is what I like to see. The one thing I love about this set is I think it nerfs the read option well enough and still gives great animations. Oh and had anyone noticed because of the "new animations" the commentary says things you normally don't hear?
Old 07-06-2014, 12:05 PM   #4325
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Matt, I totally applaud your changes. It has actually made the opposing offense a little tougher as a) the interior blocking is 'cleaner' allowing for more success between the tackles and b) the user defense is more susceptible to PA passes.

Thinking of Cowher's feedback from last night (and your comment that Sanders ran against you more like Tyler Gaffney) I am going to offer one further change, and it is very subtle....

Drop the Facemask slider from 54 to 50. That's it!!

The facemask slider influences the 'type' of tackle performed. Higher settings, you will obviously see more of the facemask animation which leads to more of those calls. But you will also see more of the big hit tackle (hit stick style) and diving tackle types trigger more frequently. Dropping it to 50 will decrease the frequency of those tackle types (which are easier to get a broken tackle on) while simultaneously increasing the number of wrap up tackles. I tried going down as low as 40, and there were more wrap up tackles, but that decreased the effectiveness of the CPU running attack too much.

This setting also ever so slightly makes the human run game a tad easier as it reduces the number of those crazy diving tackles by the CPU which trip you up in the backfield (plus I have even seen a couple of broken arm tackles).

I've known about this effect for a while (thanks to Charter for this from many moons ago) but this is the first time that we wanted to reduce the CPU run game effectiveness while increasing the User run game effectiveness (so I never brought it up).

This is a a subtle change, but subtle is what we needed.

(Oh, and Cowher....I played a half against MSU and Langford (using Wisky), he had 105 yards in the first half on 15 carries (low 80's rated defense). However, he only went 'beast mode' on one 19 yard carry (his long of the game) and that is keeping the tackle slider at 30. I think you will enjoy it.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #4326
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Great job guys. I can't wait to play this tonight now.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #4327
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Matt, I totally applaud your changes. It has actually made the opposing offense a little tougher as a) the interior blocking is 'cleaner' allowing for more success between the tackles and b) the user defense is more susceptible to PA passes.

Thinking of Cowher's feedback from last night (and your comment that Sanders ran against you more like Tyler Gaffney) I am going to offer one further change, and it is very subtle....

Drop the Facemask slider from 54 to 50. That's it!!

The facemask slider influences the 'type' of tackle performed. Higher settings, you will obviously see more of the facemask animation which leads to more of those calls. But you will also see more of the big hit tackle (hit stick style) and diving tackle types trigger more frequently. Dropping it to 50 will decrease the frequency of those tackle types (which are easier to get a broken tackle on) while simultaneously increasing the number of wrap up tackles. I tried going down as low as 40, and there were more wrap up tackles, but that decreased the effectiveness of the CPU running attack too much.

This setting also ever so slightly makes the human run game a tad easier as it reduces the number of those crazy diving tackles by the CPU which trip you up in the backfield (plus I have even seen a couple of broken arm tackles).

I've known about this effect for a while (thanks to Charter for this from many moons ago) but this is the first time that we wanted to reduce the CPU run game effectiveness while increasing the User run game effectiveness (so I never brought it up).

This is a a subtle change, but subtle is what we needed.

(Oh, and Cowher....I played a half against MSU and Langford (using Wisky), he had 105 yards in the first half on 15 carries (low 80's rated defense). However, he only went 'beast mode' on one 19 yard carry (his long of the game) and that is keeping the tackle slider at 30. I think you will enjoy it.)
Wow, very interesting. Played a half that way and yeah - you're right, more wrap up tackles. That's awesome, Josh!

I think we can combat the ease of running by actually lowering the CPU's RDEF to 25 because they too will be susceptible to being glued in (despite RBL @ zero for USER) - and they will also have a chance to defend the read option better.

Also, I wanted to lower False Start for the sake of them just being called too often in threatening positions - primarily Field goals for the CPU - pretty much every time. I've dropped it to 45 and am still seeing it - but not as much on Field Goals.

I really like where this is going, man. Going to load up twitch and get some games in before soccer @ 5! Twitch will be up in 10 mins.

So, in the meantime - Version 6.5 is as follows:

Last edited by Matt10; 07-06-2014 at 02:09 PM. Reason: correct slider 6.5
Old 07-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #4328
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

I gave these a run in the OD I am playing with two friends as we have been running with the sliders I created. This was my first game as the HC of the University of Colorado as I just took the job after three seasons at Eastern Michigan of 4-8, 9-5, and 9-4.

Colorado State Rams at Colorado Buffaloes
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Colorado State Rams (0-0)31014027
Colorado Buffaloes (0-0)1014142159
Team Stats Comparison
CSUCOLO
Total Offense244644
Rushing Yards62389
Passing Yards182255
First Downs1027
Punt Return Yards625
Kick Return Yards40100
Total Yards290769
Turnovers03
3rd Down Converstion2-148-13
4th Down Conversion1-20-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2-0-28-6-1
Penalties2-251-5
Posession Time13:5118:09
Colorado State Rams
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
R, Barclay11/2318210
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Peters17754.40
R. Barclay15-18-1.20
R. Childress252.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
R. Higgins36421.30
B. Peters33411.30
J. Vaden24120.51
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
N. Januska10000
J. Oden Jr9022
T. Simmons7000
B. Ohene5200
Colorado Buffaloes
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
S. Liufau22/3525533
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Adkins2729410.82
P. Lindsay1012612.63
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
E. Dunston68013.31
D. Ross46215.51
S. Irwin35117.01
D. Hancock33812.60
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Cooper7500
D. Jones6000
A. Gillam5000
J. Gilbert4200

If it were not for the three horrible decisions I made while passing that directly gave them 17 points, they would have barely broke double digits in points.

Their offense was of no threat the entire game outside of a couple random long plays; one rushing and one passing. Their QB threw maybe 5-7 passes out of bounds.

I will take it with a grain of salt as maybe this game was just a fluke and I am going to have the other two guys play a game or two with these sliders so I can get their input. Thank you again as always for the sliders!

EDIT: I ended up having both the NCAA offense and defensive players of the week.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 07-06-2014 at 03:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »