Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #4433
Rookie

TheUFGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

So I just got done with this game using ver. 10. I was Cal rated in the low 80's and UCLa was in the low 90's. I threw two pick six's my first two passes but then settled down and dominated. I didn't punt once. I feel that the HUM defense vs CPU offense played fantastic. But, I moved the ball wayyyy to easy. I had my way threw the air. Which inevitably set up the easy run. Is there a way we can tighten up the CPU DB's? Thanks again for the great sliders. And let me know of there is any way I can help contribute.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #4434
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFGuy

So I just got done with this game using ver. 10. I was Cal rated in the low 80's and UCLa was in the low 90's. I threw two pick six's my first two passes but then settled down and dominated. I didn't punt once. I feel that the HUM defense vs CPU offense played fantastic. But, I moved the ball wayyyy to easy. I had my way threw the air. Which inevitably set up the easy run. Is there a way we can tighten up the CPU DB's? Thanks again for the great sliders. And let me know of there is any way I can help contribute.
Man, it looks like they ran pretty good. Just couldn't throw. What part do you think was easy about passing for the user? Is CPU too aggressive in their covering Or too passive?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #4435
Rookie

TheUFGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Man, it looks like they ran pretty good. Just couldn't throw. What part do you think was easy about passing for the user? Is CPU too aggressive in their covering Or too passive?

Honestly Matt, I sat in quarters/dime/dollar almost the whole game because of their HUNH. So as you can see they couldn't pass on me at all, but their read option/draw killed me.

I just felt that my WR's blew right past them the whole game and then When they didn't get right past them the coverage was very loose And none of my WR's are above a 87. And their DB's are solidly rated. I would have no problem with 400 yds passing especially from an "air raid" team like Cal over an inferior opponent. But I purposely played highly rated UCLA in their own house to see what I could do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #4436
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

with version 7, played my Bowl game, which ended up being against Michigan State instead of FSU.

Spoiler

It ended up much closer than I thought it would. I had a chance to try to win late, but simply ran out of time when inside their 30.

Season 3 looks to be promising, my team has improved to 77 Ovr, with I believe 83 Offense. my QB is a Senior at 93 Ovr, and 8 of 11 starters on defense are all seniors as well. Hoping to make a run at the MAC championship this year as next year may be tough with all the graduating players.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #4437
MVP

jp18's Arena

Quote:
Honestly Matt, I sat in quarters/dime/dollar almost the whole game because of their HUNH. So as you can see they couldn't pass on me at all, but their read option/draw killed me.

I just felt that my WR's blew right past them the whole game and then When they didn't get right past them the coverage was very loose And none of my WR's are above a 87. And their DB's are solidly rated. I would have no problem with 400 yds passing especially from an "air raid" team like Cal over an inferior opponent. But I purposely played highly rated UCLA in their own house to see what I could do.
This is where the sliders fail to a degree. Cal at no point in time should be shutting down ucla's pass game when only rushing 3 or 4 gives more time in the pocket and wrs should be getting open. The rushing makes sense they given cal is out manned in the trenches. Depending on pressure ucla should have been much better at throwing.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #4438
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:

Thanks for the explanation. That was perfect. I think we can easily fix those issues with PCV and/or INT honestly. Everything else looks to be on point - I'll get right to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp18
This is where the sliders fail to a degree. Cal at no point in time should be shutting down ucla's pass game when only rushing 3 or 4 gives more time in the pocket and wrs should be getting open. The rushing makes sense they given cal is out manned in the trenches. Depending on pressure ucla should have been much better at throwing.
I definitely agree, jp. I think that's what is nice about this slider set though - we can easily modify just ONE value and possibly see what needs to be seen. Who would ever think that on zero threshold the coverage for the user would be TOO GOOD? Not I, that is for sure.

The trick is to get it loose enough where it looks correct. I do not want loose coverage and see in replay the the DB just chose to freeze in his spot for split second to allow the receiver to get past - no way.

I'll be working on this the rest of the day, guys. Expect a very slight tweak to that post and the OP. I also updated with the spreadsheet for those that can't see the image. Thanks!

Edit Update: changed OPI from 75 to 45

Last edited by Matt10; 07-10-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #4439
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Version 10 testing:

Watch live video from Matt10l on www.twitch.tv
Old 07-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #4440
Rookie

OVR: 1

This was a game where defense dominated. It was my first time using VERSION 10.

Michigan had two turnovers in the red zone. One fumble on a QB scramble and a dropped pass by the TE that fell into my trailing safeties hands.

I had a ridiculous stat of NINE sacks this game, but it was less of a stellar pass rush, and more of the QB scrambling. The reason why the QB was sacked so much was because instead of turning up field, the QB would run horizontally allowing my DEs to trip him up.

Indiana is rated in the mid 85s and Michigan was in the low 90s. I am using the 2014/2015 updated rosters here on OS and this is my first season. Previous games were using Version 6/7.

I liked how tough it was to move the ball on a good defense, but I didnt like how easy it was for me to shut down their running game (RB also ran horizontally) and shut down a dual threat QB who ran horizontally instead of up the field. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

Keep it up Matt!

Indiana Hoosiers at Michigan Wolverines
Jul 10, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#11 Indiana Hoosiers (5-0)037717
Michigan Wolverines (4-2)60006
Team Stats Comparison
INDMICH
Total Offense237242
Rushing Yards28-76-135-82-0
Passing Yards161160
First Downs1515
Punt Return Yards1412
Kick Return Yards5385
Total Yards304339
Turnovers1 Int2Int/1Fum
3rd Down Converstion2-105-12
4th Down Conversion3-3 (Kicker sucks)0-0
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-23-0-1
Penalties00
Posession Time15:3016:30
Indiana Hoosiers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB116/3016111
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
RB122884.00
RB21111
RB31880
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
WR146716.71
WR24348.50
WR321470
TE121470
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
LT01
RT02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
RE7400
ROLB4200
CB22010
FS7010
Michigan Wolverines
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
QB1152102
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
QB1 2 Fumbles 1 T.O.18311.70
RB1 (INJURED)4235.70
RB213282.10
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
WR35346.80
TE134515.00
WR234715.60
WR121680
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
LG10
RT01
RG04
C02
LT02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
LE6200
RE1100
CB26010

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »