Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
Operation Sports is Looking for Someone to Help Create and Guide Our Video Content
NHL Trade Deadline 2020 Winners and Losers
The NBA Offseason in an Alternate Universe (Part 2)
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #4801
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Knocked off two games in my UConn dynasty last night on Threshold 1.

Still pretty easy, my team is terrible at a 79 overall. I won at home against Michigan (90 overall) 28-13 and their lone TD was a pick-six. I then beat Nebraska (89 ovr) on the road 24-19. They had only one offensive TD, a 43 yard run by Armstrong.

So in two games against teams significantly better than me I've given up one offensive touchdown. I don't cheese on defense either, in fact their best offense comes when I blitz too often and they adjust and start calling tons of screens.

I do like that the CPU QB's seem to make more mistakes on these sliders. They'll throw into coverage or make a bad read which I didn't think was possible on Heisman. Their completion percentage is still routinely over 70 but at least they make mistakes.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #4802
Rookie

The_Gaming_Disciple's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Knocked off two games in my UConn dynasty last night on Threshold 1.

Still pretty easy, my team is terrible at a 79 overall. I won at home against Michigan (90 overall) 28-13 and their lone TD was a pick-six. I then beat Nebraska (89 ovr) on the road 24-19. They had only one offensive TD, a 43 yard run by Armstrong.

So in two games against teams significantly better than me I've given up one offensive touchdown. I don't cheese on defense either, in fact their best offense comes when I blitz too often and they adjust and start calling tons of screens.

I do like that the CPU QB's seem to make more mistakes on these sliders. They'll throw into coverage or make a bad read which I didn't think was possible on Heisman. Their completion percentage is still routinely over 70 but at least they make mistakes.
Let me guess, normal speed…Rotfl...
"Florida State, the only FBS Division-1 school to finish consecutively in the AP top 5 poll for 14 years. This is a record that no other collegiate football team will ever remotely come close to accomplishing again."

#Unconquered
Old 07-29-2014, 12:00 AM   #4803
#FlyTheW

KGHerm's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
Was that seriously necessary? I didn't see your whole "the game is programmed to be played on default" work out very well.. If you don't agree with a setting that is listed, don't use it. Either offer constructive criticism, start your own thread, or happily play the game you want to play it.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #4804
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmvp
Was that seriously necessary? I didn't see your whole "the game is programmed to be played on default" work out very well.. If you don't agree with a setting that is listed, don't use it. Either offer constructive criticism, start your own thread, or happily play the game you want to play it.

First off, the comment was made to be comical and not with vitriol. Secondly, with regards to my thread, it's the most objective and straightforward observation of NCAA games iteration development, hence, why throughout the NCAA series we've never been given anything close to a sim experience out of the box. Thirdly, I don't need to be a part of the fan boy following club here, on plenty of occasions I've given credit where credit is due, and for everyone who has put in hard work.

Any other questions?
"Florida State, the only FBS Division-1 school to finish consecutively in the AP top 5 poll for 14 years. This is a record that no other collegiate football team will ever remotely come close to accomplishing again."

#Unconquered
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #4805
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gaming_Disciple
I play on Fast FWIW. I make far more mistakes and feel more pressured there than on normal. Never played on slow, that's just not for me.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #4806
Rookie

Florida State Seminoles at Boston College Eagles
Sep 28, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#9 Florida State Seminoles (2-1 (0-1))333716
Boston College Eagles (2-1 (0-1))1430724
Team Stats Comparison
FSUBC
Total Offense1624
Rushing Yards70176
Passing Yards252159
First Downs2215
Punt Return Yards3128
Kick Return Yards1280
Total Yards481363
Turnovers52
3rd Down Converstion4-14 (28%)2-10 (20%)
4th Down Conversion1-1 (100%)0-1 (0%)
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals4-1-3 (100%)3-2-1 (100%)
Penalties1-50-0
Posession Time35:5912:45
Florida State Seminoles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Winston24/38 (63%)24104
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Freeman14745.21
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
K. Benjamin67512.50
Boston College Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Retting20/30 (66%)15912
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Williams181749.62
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A. Amidon9687.51

This game was played on normal speed.

Winston sacked 9 times, primarily my fault, hold the ball too long, in addition to being distracted on the phone with calls.

Just as with our last game against BC last season, Andre Williams tore us up on the ground, eventually the defense adjusted and shut him down, but the damage was done with my 3 interceptions at crucial points within in the game.

The first 3 quarters I did not audible in the passing game or use WR hot routes. When I began to utilize it in the 4th, because of the ratings of my WR's the field began to open up, however, defense still appeared to play relatively good D.

Only glaring issue I see, is that for the most part PA plays are busted, absolutely no time in the pocket to make passes. I refuse to drop back 20-25 yds just to be able to pass.

#Unconquered
Old 07-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #4807
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Finished year one, 6-6 as air force. Had a lot of fun. I did half the season with a customized 11.3 sliders that worked amazing, But the 25 threshold Just loved them more! After 4 games I did tweak a bit, the Running game for USER. I raised both USER and CPU pass coverage to 60 and int to 45. If your wondering why.

This why:

I thought the USER running game was way to easy I tweaked the Running blocking to 0. I like it there cause I run option and with it at 35 it was easier, I was averaging 300 something yards a game, I ran the ball a lot cause it always worked. Now I tweaked it I see good plays and bad ones, They close down the run lines, or I expose it and take off for big gain or a TD. I even had to abondon the run games at time

I bumped up pass coverage to 60 and int 45 cause I saw a lot of drops interceptions, also easy to pass. Now I bumped it up and when I make a mistake its picked, but they will still drop them. I now have to take my time to look for a open man or take off if my pocket collapses I also forgot to mention both USER and CPU accuracy is 10 because at 45 I was always over 70% completion and CPU was too. Lowered now it went way down to 60's%.

So there's that, I like what I did. It plays great for me.

You might disagree, but I Liked it better, it fix what I saw what the issue and it worked great!

Post stats for my bowl game! Up against 9-3 NIU.

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 07-29-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #4808
Rookie

Call it a bust bum move, but I am restarting my dynasty with the 25 threshold.

#Unconquered

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »