Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #4825
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by UravenzownU
Whats the difference in the 1 threshold and the 25 threshold? Is the gameplay different or is it just the threshold rating? And what do you guys prefer?
The sliders are very different, just take a look at Page 1. So far Threshold 25 is more challenging for me.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #4826
MVP

OVR: 13

latest 25 thresh

Mississippi Rebels at LSU Tigers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#14 Mississippi Rebels (7-2)5
#1 LSU Tigers (9-0)29
Team Stats Comparison
MISSLSU
Total Offense218351
Rushing Yards42168
Passing Yards176183
First Downs1219
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards274403
Turnovers12
3rd Down Converstion3-183-10
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0-14-0
Penalties21
Posession Time1718
Mississippi Rebels
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
A. Spelling (81ovr)15/3117601
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Davis (82ovr)14312.20
Q. Godfrey8364.50
A. Spelling8-24-3.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
8 drops
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
1 sack
LSU Tigers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Cook (98ovr)18/2818321
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
B. Smith (89ovr)211175.51
M. Cook8151.81
J. Welsh5387.60
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
4 drops
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
3 sacks

WR drops are still pretty bad, killed a lot of their promising drives. Am I the only one seeing this?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #4827
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
WR drops are still pretty bad, killed a lot of their promising drives. Am I the only one seeing this?
I'm seeing it too. Played SMU last night with UConn, their 89 overall QB was 5/19 at halftime and their receivers had six drops. Their QB finished 14/38 I believe and I won 28-9.

It was nice that they threw the ball downfield a ton, they must have had close to a dozen attempts over 20 yards down the field.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #4828
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I think 40 WRC is still best because CPU can sustain drives. I think it's also just one of those cases if you want QB comp % lower, lower WRC - if you want WRC's not to drop the ball - raise it to 40. So adjust that as you see fit.

As for the 25 thresh, I still have not had a chance to try them out - but definitely excited to see what Josh's adjustments have brought. Big kudos to him for posting them up!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #4829
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I think 40 WRC is still best because CPU can sustain drives. I think it's also just one of those cases if you want QB comp % lower, lower WRC - if you want WRC's not to drop the ball - raise it to 40. So adjust that as you see fit.
This is the way I look at it as well Matt.
I still feel that 35 is the sweet spot...lol,having played with cpu wrc all over the spectrum,35 is the only # (that we've found) that doesn't have the cpu's % all over 70%.

These are college kids,not pros....I know that I don't want to consistently see comp %'s in the mid to high 70's all the time simply because the wr catches everything in his vicinity...

That's just me though...at least the option is there (and easy fix) to have the cpu wr's catch everything,and it IS up to each individual...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #4830
Rookie

CarolinaCJAM's Arena

OVR: 8

Is there a way to mass edit all of the coaching aggressions using the editor for use in exhibition games?
Old 07-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #4831
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCJAM
Is there a way to mass edit all of the coaching aggressions using the editor for use in exhibition games?
Yes, just load the roster in the editor. It's there in the coaches section. I did this before starting my dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 07:10 PM   #4832
MVP

jp18's Arena

OVR: 0

Quick question to anyone that can help me out. Sliders have driven me up a wall, anyway ive got a computer nerd (no pun intended) for a friend and he offered something to expand my horizon a bit. Are the human & cpu seperate or are they coded together? I only ask this because I played 2 games with the 25 threshold set with the cpu settings exact. I put all user to 0 except rb ability ints and tackle those are the same as the user settings. In the end it was confusing. I was Lsu playing FIU

Game recap
Lsu - FIU
score 48 - 14
Fds 28 - 9
Rushing 45-226 - 17-67
Passing 20/28-254 - 18/30-183
Total offense 480 - 250
Turnovers 0 - 1
Sacks 4 - 2

I played the way I normally pro style offense establish the run and mix in the passing game. It just seems on heisman with that many sliders at 0 no matter who I played I should have been destroyed and that wasn't the case at all. Are there only a select few user sliders that need used for whom the user controls and the rest can be at 0? I am going to try some more games and sets trying this to see what happens. Any insight would be appreciated instead of digging into something that is nothing. However something here doesn't add up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »