Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #5105
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

You guys have saved this game for me. I always loved how it looked cosmetically and the presentation was always sweet, but I sucked BADLY at the game. Constant picks, getting nowhere on offense, option getting tackled almost every time on all slider sets. Finally found this one and expected more of the same, but the exact opposite has happened. Now, in my BYU dynasty (I play with the Top 25 teams a lot as well though) every game feels like I different experience and I credit a large part of it to the 50/50 agression.

You're still gonna see teams with Top QBs throw it down your throat and you're still gonna see teams with great RBs (Played FSU VS BC and Andre Williams killed me even though I won with Kelvin Benjamin having a field day) run it down as well, but the game just feels smoother and more balanced. Last night, I played Oregon-USC and you could tell the Trojans really had nothing to stop me as Mariota. Add in back-to-back fumble recovery TDs for the Ducks defense in the 1st quarter and I romped the Trojans in the Coliseum 55-27.

It was nice practice for my next game with BYU, playing USC looking to bounce back at home haha. Hoping to do more of the same, thank you for making this game playable for a a not so smooth player like myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #5106
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Welp, after a long break playing the new Madden and trying setup some good sliders, It failed. The poor AI has just gotten the best of me...

I know Ncaa won't make me wanna kill someone, so I am back to the really good slider set that was put together by Josh, Matt, and everyone else who was part of it.

I will play some games today and tweak things I think needs to be fixed.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #5107
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey guys! After a hiatus as I played through Next Gen Madden 15 (nice game - should be even better after a patch), I have to scratch my NCAA itch.

Now, I have noticed a fair bit of feedback on here about the run game being stifled too much compared to real life (the old 'dead last in pass defense and top 5 in run defense' issue).

Well, I think I have addressed that. And as a bonus, my slider tinkering on M15 helped me to figure out something with pass defense that I LOVE!

So, the following penalty slider changes have been implemented:
  • OPI/DPI set to 99/99. Receivers and DBs play hard for the ball. It isn't as much physicality as much as they are sloppier in their play. Dbs will try for the ball and will sometimes blow their coverage. Receivers will go up and try to get the pass and react better to the ball from the QB. You will see blown coverages and tight man-to-man.
  • KRI from 99 to 84. Defenders a little less aggressive, making read options a little less consistently effective against evenly matched teams.
  • IG set to 51 to give the CPU a little added boost in getting rid of the ball.
  • RBA for both Hum and CPU set to 45. I hesitated here as long as I could. However, after watching a ton of college games, the backs need to be a bit more direct; this helps. Hum/CPU set equally to avoid other issues (particularly in coverage).
  • CPU RBK set to 50 - I think the reason is obvious
  • CPU TAK to 20. Just to give the human run game a bit of a boost. I view this one as optional - use your own judgement.
The OP has been updated with the new settings. As always, provide feedback....
Old 09-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #5108
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey guys! After a hiatus as I played through Next Gen Madden 15 (nice game - should be even better after a patch), I have to scratch my NCAA itch.

Now, I have noticed a fair bit of feedback on here about the run game being stifled too much compared to real life (the old 'dead last in pass defense and top 5 in run defense' issue).

Well, I think I have addressed that. And as a bonus, my slider tinkering on M15 helped me to figure out something with pass defense that I LOVE!

So, the following penalty slider changes have been implemented:
  • OPI/DPI set to 99/99. Receivers and DBs play hard for the ball. It isn't as much physicality as much as they are sloppier in their play. Dbs will try for the ball and will sometimes blow their coverage. Receivers will go up and try to get the pass and react better to the ball from the QB. You will see blown coverages and tight man-to-man.
  • KRI from 99 to 84. Defenders a little less aggressive, making read options a little less consistently effective against evenly matched teams.
  • IG set to 51 to give the CPU a little added boost in getting rid of the ball.
  • RBA for both Hum and CPU set to 45. I hesitated here as long as I could. However, after watching a ton of college games, the backs need to be a bit more direct; this helps. Hum/CPU set equally to avoid other issues (particularly in coverage).
  • CPU RBK set to 50 - I think the reason is obvious
  • CPU TAK to 20. Just to give the human run game a bit of a boost. I view this one as optional - use your own judgement.
The OP has been updated with the new settings. As always, provide feedback....

I'll be testing tonight with these tonight!(: football, 30 minutes!!
Let's go Vikings!

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 09-14-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:29 PM   #5109
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

One other change, am bumping up CPU PCV to 75, was seeing a little too wide open coverage on Man to Man.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #5110
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
One other change, am bumping up CPU PCV to 75, was seeing a little too wide open coverage on Man to Man.
I was already at 75.

Man, I need some NCAA to make up the whooping my Vikings took.. Gosh, 30-7.

Starting dynasty in a few!

I'll be posting stats here josh
Old 09-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #5111
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Uh oh......something is amiss here with this set.

I just racked up a total of 900 passing yards in two games using EMU (one vs. Wisconsin and the other against Ball State).

I think it might be the KRI slider throwing off pursuit angles moreso than the OPI/DPI settings as the coverage has been tight. I'm going to try pushing it back to 99 and see what happens; if not, the OPI/DPI needs some adjustment.

I am returning OPI/DPI plus KRI back to their previous values until I can figure this out. OP updated.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-14-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #5112
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Uh oh......something is amiss here with this set.

I just racked up a total of 900 passing yards in two games using EMU (one vs. Wisconsin and the other against Ball State).

I think it might be the KRI slider throwing off pursuit angles moreso than the OPI/DPI settings as the coverage has been tight. I'm going to try pushing it back to 99 and see what happens; if not, the OPI/DPI needs some adjustment.

I am returning OPI/DPI plus KRI back to their previous values until I can figure this out. OP updated.
OK.....definitely the KRI slider. set back to 99.....sorry guys, I definitely didn't test that enough.

We're good to go now!

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-14-2014 at 08:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »