Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #7977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders (FINAL VERSION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I don't necessarily agree with that they all play the same as I saw Mississippi states heisman candidate qb go for 60% w 2 INTs against OK states no name qb 3tds no INTs (60% to 69% respectively)
There are other factors that determine stats - you know that. But on 5 QBA, there is a decided difference between playing Georgia State's QB and Georgia's QB....you don't see that at higher settings. That's all I am trying to say....
Old 07-05-2015, 11:12 AM   #7978
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

On a sidebar though....it has occurred to me that we should not be slowing down the QB, we should be speeding up the defense. Even a 1-2 point increase in the KRI slider could make all the difference.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #7979
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
On a sidebar though....it has occurred to me that we should not be slowing down the QB, we should be speeding up the defense. Even a 1-2 point increase in the KRI slider could make all the difference.
I am in the opinion that all d1 college qb's should be able to "make all the throws" in the sense that 5 REALLY hampers the "bad" quarterbacks and makes the REALLY good ones servicable at best. I like 35 for the pocket presence and ability to press the field. On 5 u see differentiation sure but it kind of kills the game and takes away from The explosive college offense feel. I'm not sure the defense needs help from what I have seen. Like I said, I have really enjoyed the OP with 35 QBA auto pass and user controlling the run. It really feels like college ball and the teams play true to their ratings and style.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #7980
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have now played three more games, this time with the correct settings.

I personally haven't noticed a significant difference in CPU QB quality. He does tend to get rid of the ball a little more quickly than with the original settings. I only saw Robo QB at Utah, he went for 23 for 25 and 299 yards, but nearly have of those completions were screen passes. He got so many yards because he burned both times I called the Cover 6 on defense, throwing for two long TD passes.

CPU Defense is improved, better pass coverage and better run stopping between the tackles. though if the run gets outside of the DE the CPU has its weaknesses making the stop. (but my HB had SPD 95 so that helps.)

The significant improvement with these settings is the CPU running game.
All teams had a very good balance between run and pass plays. CPU runs more running plays and more importantly far more successfully. The run blocking is vastly improved and the HB breaks more tackles (QB sometimes as well) and shows good vision running inside. Nearly every HB has had 100 yards against me.

I only saw one strange animation. I threw a pass for about 30 yards, the WR had to jump high to make the catch, the defender was about 5 yards behind him when he came down, and then the defender ran AWAY from the WR, so it was an easy TD.

Other than that I really don't have any complaints.

I really hope it isn't true that CPU QBA at 35 makes all QB's similar.

Last edited by BerlinBlues; 07-06-2015 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:25 PM   #7981
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I am in the opinion that all d1 college qb's should be able to "make all the throws" in the sense that 5 REALLY hampers the "bad" quarterbacks and makes the REALLY good ones servicable at best. I like 35 for the pocket presence and ability to press the field. On 5 u see differentiation sure but it kind of kills the game and takes away from The explosive college offense feel. I'm not sure the defense needs help from what I have seen. Like I said, I have really enjoyed the OP with 35 QBA auto pass and user controlling the run. It really feels like college ball and the teams play true to their ratings and style.
I've noticed the same. At 5 QBA, the bad QBs play where they should, but the better QBs just don't get the numbers they should. They may rack up the passing yards, but it's impossible to see even a 99-rated CPU QB throw for 30-40 TDs in a season. At 5 QBA, it's as if the QBs don't have the confidence to throw the ball in the Red Zone and they'd rather run it themselves or hand it off, which leads to fewer passing TDs and more rushing TDs.

I'm currently using a set with the QBA at 20 and the best QBs are getting accurate TD numbers, but it also makes the bad QBs a little better than they should be. And if you lower QBA to even 15, you're back to the good QBs putting up bad numbers again. It's like there's no happy medium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #7982
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Streaming now:

http://www.twitch.tv/matt10l
Old 07-06-2015, 03:33 AM   #7983
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinBlues
I have now played three more games, this time with the correct settings.

I personally haven't noticed a significant difference in CPU QB quality. He does tend to get rid of the ball a little more quickly than with the original settings. I only saw Robo QB at Utah, he went for 23 for 25 and 299 yards, but nearly have of those completions were screen passes. He got so many yards because he burned both times I called the Cover 6 on defense, throwing for two long TD passes.

CPU Defense is improved, better pass coverage and better run stopping between the tackles. though if the run gets outside of the DE the CPU has its weaknesses making the stop. (but my HB had SPD 95 so that helps.)

The significant improvement with these settings is the CPU running game.
All teams had a very good balance between run and pass plays. CPU runs more running plays and more importantly far more successfully. The run blocking is vastly improved and the HB breaks more tackles (QB sometimes as well) and shows good vision running inside. Nearly every HB has had 100 yards against me.

I only saw one strange animation. I threw a pass for about 30 yards, the WR had to jump high to make the catch, the defender was about 5 yards behind him when he came down, and then the defender ran AWAY from the WR, so it was an easy TD.

Other than that I really don't have any complaints.

I really hope it isn't true that CPU QBA at 35 makes all QB's similar.
Do you guys think it would be ok to lower QBA to make the stats count a little more without changing any other sliders?
Old 07-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #7984
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Next page.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »