Home

NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2020, 05:44 PM   #9105
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 14 - OS Community + Playmakers Split Sliders

Why HFA turned off? I didn't see an explanation as to why it's turned off or how it factors in with the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2020, 05:48 PM   #9106
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

And why would auto subs for OL, LB, DB, S be set to where they basically never come out?
Old 08-16-2020, 02:23 PM   #9107
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
And why would auto subs for OL, LB, DB, S be set to where they basically never come out?
Because in real life they basically never come out, at least not for fatigue reasons.
Old 09-26-2020, 02:11 AM   #9108
MVP

OVR: 9

I'm in Bowl Season of my 4th season using these at Texas State. My overall record is 37-13, and the last 3 season I've won the Sun Belt. Taking away the 5-7 of my first year, in the last 3 seasons I'm 32-6.

Things started feeling pretty predictable; I had 5 games in a row this season where I scored mid-30's and the CPU scored mid-teens. Decided just to tick fatigue off and see what happens.

It was....nuts. A 35-30 win and a 48-41 win. Both games had absolutely bonkers amounts of passing yards though; the way the game was playing just isn't long-term sustainable for me. I need better balance.

I really wish there was a serious slider maker that would sit down and balance out a fatigue off set. It's like it fixes nearly all of the worst aspects of the AI behavior; in those two games, I think I saw two screen passes. Previously, it felt like nearly every third down was a guaranteed screen. I must have seen the AI running 10 per game. My LE had 25 sacks.... after fatigue off, the CPU QB's weren't scrambling all over and he had none in 2 games.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #9109
Rookie

Mallard Muscle's Arena

OVR: 1

Does anyone else have issues with receivers and defensive backs not putting up their hands to catch or swat the ball? I've also noticed that the same players don't dive for catches.

Just to be clear, I'm trying to user catch/swat/dive and well over 50% of the time my player doesn't respond to my button mashing.

Last edited by Mallard Muscle; 09-28-2020 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:55 PM   #9110
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
I'm in Bowl Season of my 4th season using these at Texas State. My overall record is 37-13, and the last 3 season I've won the Sun Belt. Taking away the 5-7 of my first year, in the last 3 seasons I'm 32-6.

Things started feeling pretty predictable; I had 5 games in a row this season where I scored mid-30's and the CPU scored mid-teens. Decided just to tick fatigue off and see what happens.

It was....nuts. A 35-30 win and a 48-41 win. Both games had absolutely bonkers amounts of passing yards though; the way the game was playing just isn't long-term sustainable for me. I need better balance.

I really wish there was a serious slider maker that would sit down and balance out a fatigue off set. It's like it fixes nearly all of the worst aspects of the AI behavior; in those two games, I think I saw two screen passes. Previously, it felt like nearly every third down was a guaranteed screen. I must have seen the AI running 10 per game. My LE had 25 sacks.... after fatigue off, the CPU QB's weren't scrambling all over and he had none in 2 games.
Here's a fatigue off set (i swear by fatigue off) that I've been cultivating over the course of a few years now. I make little tweaks here and there from time to time, but this is pretty much the base I'm satisfied with.

Heisman
Fatigue off
Threshold 25
9 minutes
HFA off

Offsides: 99
False Start: 80
Holding: 80
Facemask: 55
OPI: 99
DPI: 50
KPI: 1
Clipping: 50
Intentional Grounding: 99
Roughing the Passer: 1
Roughing the Kicker: 1

HUM/CPU (same value for both if no /)
QBA: 10
Pass Block: 40
WR Catch: 40/45
RB Ability: 40
Run Block: 5/35
Pass Cov: 35
INTs: 10/15
Rush D: 10/25
Tackling: 20/15

FG Power: 60
FG Acc: 40
Punt Power: 50
Punt Acc: 100
Kickoff: 40
Old 09-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #9111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Here's a fatigue off set (i swear by fatigue off) that I've been cultivating over the course of a few years now.
Thank you for posting those! I have been stalking all of your old posts about fatigue off.... it's funny over the years seeing you go back and forth on QBA. I have a playcalling strategy with QBA=5 that for 2 drives I try not to throw anything except for a screen or a shallow cross, otherwise it's bound to be an overthrown pick and a bad day overall.

I am re-thinking my desire to keep HFA on, but I want to do something... what I've sort of settled on is a house rule about audibles that let's me do whatever I want at home.... on the road my QB must have AWR over 90 (so likely a guy with a couple seasons of starts under him).

I have implemented my own dynamic progression algorithm that is applied to the entire PLAY table; basically I take the game's progression and I add or subtract a percentage of every attribute that goes into that positions overall rating (according to PocketScout's NCAA 13 post). I have it set up so that on average, a player will decline by 2% after the game's default progression. This will help stop those random 3* 69 OVR players from turning into a 95 by RS SR year. It also allows really rarely for guys that were like 55 OVR to become 99 OVR.

I also went ahead an implemented the house rule that I can only use my coordinator's playbooks and strategies.

Between all of these things, learning playbooks and having randomness to progression, I have a LOT to keep me interested in this dynasty. Just need the sliders to put up a fight without being too unrealistic for me. This season I've already beaten 3 top 25 teams in the Big 12 on the road.... looking forward to plugging in your settings and giving it a go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2020, 11:06 PM   #9112
MVP

Already got a game in with those fatigue off tweaks. Started off with me going up 14-0 and I thought "oh man, here we go already". Normally this would have led to a 37-14 win or something. But the CPU offense torched me in the second half, to the tune of 20 points, and it took a FG to tie with 4 minutes left, a crazy stop by my best defensive player on an outside run to force a punt, and a FG as time expired to win. And I was at home utilizing some of my playcalling HFA rules that I'm still working on.

Over the last couple of days I've played about 12 games, and the best 3 by far were the fatigue off. Honestly I could see it taking me 5-10 seasons to get lucky enough with progression and games to actually win a national championship like this. Taking every game down to the last play makes it tough to win all of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »