Home

straight varsity sliders by PM ncaa 14

This is a discussion on straight varsity sliders by PM ncaa 14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: straight varsity sliders by PM ncaa 14

I'm using M & B's and have had no issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #26
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I'm going to go back to my default AA-Offense/Heisman-Defense setup. I tried these yesterday and they didn't provide enough of a challenge for me. Too bad because I had high hopes for these.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #27
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'm going to go back to my default AA-Offense/Heisman-Defense setup. I tried these yesterday and they didn't provide enough of a challenge for me. Too bad because I had high hopes for these.
Was there any adjustments made to increase the difficulty for yourself?

I'm just asking because I modified his base settings on my own to increase difficulty for myself and it has worked out for me just fine. Now of course even with changes that still might not work for you as it did for me.

The things that I like best about these sliders myself is that they have allowed for some terrific looking animations/fluid gameplay and most importantly he hasn't done constant changes every day which might not be such a big deal to others but for me it's less frustrating because I don't have to guess which settings are being used every 24 hours in order to keep up with his base settings.

Seems like to me now days the slider creator(s) focuses way too much on trying to make the game "HARD" for everyone instead of making the game just "PLAYABLE" for everyone 1st.

I'm all for increased difficulty if warranted but IMO that shouldn't be the primary focus right away with sliders.

I don't want my WR's dropping passes on purpose or my QB blatantly missing passes just to capture difficulty 1st.

Now granted I understand I don't want to just pick up the controller and beat down Ohio St with UTSA. But vice versa I also don't want UTSA playing me down to wire if I'm Ohio St just for the sake of making the game difficult.

With this set of base sliders I was given the option to increase the difficulty if needed on my own as opposed to feeling like I had to play with certain settings designed to make it harder for me right away.

That's just my 2cents!
Westview Basketball #33
Old 08-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #28
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

I like the low tackling as well. I am working on some, and I find that TCK and PC are best when low, and INT around 70-90, still want to see if there is truly a difference. It makes the defenders ball-hawk a bit more
Old 08-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #29
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I started out with these sliders. The animations and flow of action is beautiful, but they're just not challenging enough. Ultimately, after tweaking them for a while, I had to switch to something else.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #30
Rookie

westview33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
I like the low tackling as well. I am working on some, and I find that TCK and PC are best when low, and INT around 70-90, still want to see if there is truly a difference. It makes the defenders ball-hawk a bit more
I agree with you.
Westview Basketball #33

Last edited by westview33; 09-24-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm going to go with this set... I've tried a few others, but the game just feels cheap. I agree with the sentiment here on "realism vs. difficulty." I'm a 41 year old gamer. My reflexes aren't what they used to be. I will play with the difficulty on these, but it's clear that Varsity level fits my abilities. Having tried the other sets, it's clear they want difficulty first, and realism 2nd. That just doesn't fit my gaming style...

I haven't had time to dive into this game much at all, but what little I have has shown me this set is for me. Be sure to check PM's thread at VSN for any updates he might provide.

I read last night he developed a set of Coach Mode sliders that you may want to look at (if that's your thing).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 AM   #32
Rookie

westview33's Arena

bumped sliders up to 1st page
Westview Basketball #33

Last edited by westview33; 09-24-2013 at 07:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »