Home

All-American Slider Test on Passing

This is a discussion on All-American Slider Test on Passing within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0
All-American Slider Test on Passing

I do this every year to see if the game is worth keeping. This year seems no different. Just ran a 40 minute test and here are the results with included sliders. This is done based on the defense seemingly broken and not covering. However, when moving sliders at a higher position they do defend better... During these tests, which were run during practice for faster results, I did not take control of any players, but let the A.I. go through the motions.

Ohio State USER Coverage set to 100 (basic Dime Man Coverage)
Alabama CPU QB Accuracy set to 60 (Shotgun 4 wideouts)
Ohio State Rush Defense set to 60
Alabama Pass Blocking set to 40

All-American Setting, Game Speed set to Slow

Test #1 - AJ McCarron goes 1 for 8, 1 int and sacked 2 times

Ohio State Rush Defense set to 50
Alabama Pass Blocking set to 50

Test #2 - AJ McCarron goes 2 for 6, sacked 4 times

USER Pass Coverage set to 100
Alabama QB Accuracy up 5 to 65 now

Test #3 - AJ McCarron goes 2 for 6, 1 int and sacked 4 times

So from these results, it would seem that Ohio State's defensive front is just dominating Alabama's offensive line even when set 50/50, and the passing slider didn't make much difference for the QB's accuracy. So now we use this test with a much weaker team against Alabama in hopes these sliders will favor Alabama and we can smile that sliders actually help this game for once. Let's see the results here.

USER Covereage set to 100 (New Mexico State)
CPU QB Accuracy set to 70 (Alabama)

Test #1 - AJ McCarron goes 3 for 8, 1 int and sacked twice

Test #2 - AJ McCarron goes 2 for 7, 3 ints and sacked 3 times

After these results against a horrid New Mexico State team with a 65 overall rated defense, it shows that the sliders mean nothing. Regardless to the overall USER slider set to 100, both defensive fronts of Ohio State and New Mexico State dominated Alabama's front on a 50/50 slider set. And with a 30 pt differential of coverage/QB Accuracy there should not be these kind of results, Alabama should still complete at least 50% of it's passes.

If you ramp down the USER coverage to 90 there may be better results but you start risking your A.I. not performing in the secondary. Even set to 100 there were multiple occasions where they simply looked wonky in reactions and movements on the field, and a few completions appeared to go right through defenders.

But if you were to use these results, I would not set USER Coverage Slider lower than 90, and CPU QB Accuracy higher than 75.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: All-American Slider Test on Passing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
I do this every year to see if the game is worth keeping. This year seems no different. Just ran a 40 minute test and here are the results with included sliders. This is done based on the defense seemingly broken and not covering. However, when moving sliders at a higher position they do defend better... During these tests, which were run during practice for faster results, I did not take control of any players, but let the A.I. go through the motions.

Ohio State USER Coverage set to 100 (basic Dime Man Coverage)
Alabama CPU QB Accuracy set to 60 (Shotgun 4 wideouts)
Ohio State Rush Defense set to 60
Alabama Pass Blocking set to 40

All-American Setting, Game Speed set to Slow

Test #1 - AJ McCarron goes 1 for 8, 1 int and sacked 2 times

Ohio State Rush Defense set to 50
Alabama Pass Blocking set to 50

Test #2 - AJ McCarron goes 2 for 6, sacked 4 times

USER Pass Coverage set to 100
Alabama QB Accuracy up 5 to 65 now

Test #3 - AJ McCarron goes 2 for 6, 1 int and sacked 4 times

So from these results, it would seem that Ohio State's defensive front is just dominating Alabama's offensive line even when set 50/50, and the passing slider didn't make much difference for the QB's accuracy. So now we use this test with a much weaker team against Alabama in hopes these sliders will favor Alabama and we can smile that sliders actually help this game for once. Let's see the results here.

USER Covereage set to 100 (New Mexico State)
CPU QB Accuracy set to 70 (Alabama)

Test #1 - AJ McCarron goes 3 for 8, 1 int and sacked twice

Test #2 - AJ McCarron goes 2 for 7, 3 ints and sacked 3 times

After these results against a horrid New Mexico State team with a 65 overall rated defense, it shows that the sliders mean nothing. Regardless to the overall USER slider set to 100, both defensive fronts of Ohio State and New Mexico State dominated Alabama's front on a 50/50 slider set. And with a 30 pt differential of coverage/QB Accuracy there should not be these kind of results, Alabama should still complete at least 50% of it's passes.

If you ramp down the USER coverage to 90 there may be better results but you start risking your A.I. not performing in the secondary. Even set to 100 there were multiple occasions where they simply looked wonky in reactions and movements on the field, and a few completions appeared to go right through defenders.

But if you were to use these results, I would not set USER Coverage Slider lower than 90, and CPU QB Accuracy higher than 75.
I was playing Bama v. Ohio State last night CPU v CPU play and noticed the Bama QB throws the ball away with even the slightest pressure. He has very high awareness and accuracy. I had the slider setting at 5 and DB Coverage at 75 and Blocking at 75. The QB was about 50%, but mostly cause he threw the ball out of bounds. I don't think the QBA slider is working the way it should. I also question whether from years past if the ratings truly do what they should. I tested this last year with QB's and was very disappointed. Still testing see what happens.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Went ahead and just now ran another set.... slightly better results.

USER Coverage - 90
CPU QB Accuracy - 75

Against New Mexico State, AJ McCarron goes 4-7 1 int and sacked 3 times

Against Ohio State, AJ McCarron goes 3-10 2 ints and wasn't sacked

Going to try an 80 slider to see if this is possibly the sweet spot. But not lowering USER coverage any further.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Try these settings

User coverage 65 or 70

User Rush def 40

CPU QB accuracy 10

CPU WR 45

CPU PB 65

Intentional grounding 60

Edit to add Off and Def PI 0

Last edited by BYU 14; 07-10-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Yea I agree the sliders seem broken. AJ McCarron's Throwing Accuracy is set to 95, and the CPU Accuracy I just set to 80, and he does this against Ohio State...

3-10 no ints and didn't get sacked. But his balls are terribly off course and he throws to the same receiver every time the play is run, and he has 4 wideouts to choose from.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
Try these settings

User coverage 65 or 70

User Rush def 40

CPU QB accuracy 10

CPU WR 45

CPU PB 65

Intentional grounding 60
USER Coverage at these settings will result in WR's running free all over the field. You don't want this, especially when the CPU finds itself down in the 2nd half and goes into God Mode. You want to eliminate as much arcade as possible without damaging the gameplay in it's entirety.

USER Rush defense doesn't have to be lowered. It's best to keep this 50/50 or risk the CPU pancaking your defense every play, or getting zero pressure at all.

CPU QB accuracy at 10 already tried it. With the accuracy at 80 and getting the results I posted, imagine what I saw with it set to 10? The CPU QB's threw the ball out of bounds 60% of the time each 10 play run...
Old 07-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
USER Coverage at these settings will result in WR's running free all over the field. You don't want this, especially when the CPU finds itself down in the 2nd half and goes into God Mode. You want to eliminate as much arcade as possible without damaging the gameplay in it's entirety.

USER Rush defense doesn't have to be lowered. It's best to keep this 50/50 or risk the CPU pancaking your defense every play, or getting zero pressure at all.

CPU QB accuracy at 10 already tried it. With the accuracy at 80 and getting the results I posted, imagine what I saw with it set to 10? The CPU QB's threw the ball out of bounds 60% of the time each 10 play run...
coverage at 70 and PI at 0 will make the DBs more aggressive in swatting balls away and fighting over 50/50 balls. I have had good numbers with this.

Last 4 games by CPU QB
18-24 216, 2 int
21-35 289, 2 int
10-15 173, 0 int
23-41 220, 3 int

They are likely throwing the ball away because intentional grounding is too low. Anything below 60 has them hurling it into the crowd at first pressure on AA.

These are my complete sliders and have been pretty good for me FWIW

Skill: All-American
Speed: Normal
Threshold: 28
8 minute quarters

Sliders (Hum/CPU)
QBA: 5/10
PB: 60/65
WR: 40/45
RBA: 50/65
RB: 30/40
PC: 70/65
Int: 30/30
RDef: 40/65
Tack: 35/35
FGP: 55/50
FGA: 50/40
PP: 50/50
PA: 45/35

Penalties (These have been the key IMO)

Offsides and False start: 55
Holding: 55
Off and Def PI: 0
Clipping: 50
Int grounding: 60
RP: 52
RK: 0

Last edited by BYU 14; 07-10-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I was playing Bama v. Ohio State last night CPU v CPU play and noticed the Bama QB throws the ball away with even the slightest pressure. He has very high awareness and accuracy. I had the slider setting at 5 and DB Coverage at 75 and Blocking at 75. The QB was about 50%, but mostly cause he threw the ball out of bounds. I don't think the QBA slider is working the way it should. I also question whether from years past if the ratings truly do what they should. I tested this last year with QB's and was very disappointed. Still testing see what happens.

What doesn't make sense is Braxton Miller's accuracy is 84, and McCarron is high 90's. With the above settings, Miller was 68% and McCarron was roughly 50%. I noticed in the demo the scrambling QB's seem more accurate than McCarron who should be a dominate stud in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »