Home

Pigpowered Heisman Coach Mode Sliders NCAA14

This is a discussion on Pigpowered Heisman Coach Mode Sliders NCAA14 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Pigpowered Heisman Coach Mode Sliders NCAA14

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/css/osdyn.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners at UTEP Miners
Jul 16, 20131ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners ()077014
UTEP Miners ()30036
Team Stats Comparison
UTSAUTEP
Total Offense216202
Rushing Yards9696
Passing Yards120106
First Downs1111
Punt Return Yards2772
Kick Return Yards7070
Total Yards313344
Turnovers03
3rd Down Converstion4/142/13
4th Down Conversion0/20/0
2-Point Conversion0/00/0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/0/02/0/2
Penalties04
Posession Time23:1915:52
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Carter14/2412010
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Glasco25773.00
T. Carter9171.81
E. Okotcha1000
N. Shaw122.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
UTSA58820
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
S. Ianno0/02/200
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
K. Stern824630.70
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
K. Jones37023.30
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
K. Jones4276.70
UTEP Miners
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Showers12/2610602
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Showers17291.70
N. Jeffery14664.70
J. Bell210.50
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
UTEP58600
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Price2/4 0/000
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
J. Mattox721130.11
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Patterson24422.00
J. Leslie12626.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Patterson8729.00

This game was played extremely well! These two teams performed like I thought they would. This was the first time that I did not see the cpu team run a no huddle which was quite interesting as this has been a talked about possible bug in another thread that the cpu runs an extreme amount of no huddles. Quite honestly, I was starting to think the same until I played this game. UTEP was definitely in a position in which they should have run a no huddle and definitely had the qb capable enough of executing it. One thing I would like to see is more penalties called but I can definitely live with them being non existent if it means we get better gameplay. I definitely enjoyed seeing the cpu angle a punt towards the sideline...hope it wasn't a failed punt by the cpu. All in all...these sliders are ones that I recommend for any coach mode gamer. I will be continuing with these and will post results from my next game. Hopefully tomorrow night!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #50
Rookie

DonnyARKMac's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Pigpowered Heisman Coach Mode Sliders NCAA14

Been gone at work the past few days but I'm going to test alot today, I need to know from those that have posted success with these sliders which set your using (Alpha or Beta) and any changes you made, I'm hoping to make one true and final set today. Thanks guys.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #51
Rookie

DonnyARKMac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
What sliders are the new ones? Top or bottom
The ones marked Beta are the ones I adjusted to fix some problems people reported having, I will be testing Beta today, Alpha sliders are my first set
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #52
Banned

OVR: 1

Donny, I have only used the Beta set. Two thoughts, have youthought of raising qb accuracy to 10 & punt power up a bit? Just a suggestion. Thanks once again for these.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #53
Rookie

DonnyARKMac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins
Donny, I have only used the Beta set. Two thoughts, have youthought of raising qb accuracy to 10 & punt power up a bit? Just a suggestion. Thanks once again for these.

I will probably leave QBA where it is at, I like how the QB reacts to pressure and his throwing accuracy under pressure. I'm testing a game between Arkansas vs TAMU right now and the Qb's are acting great, Johnny Football is escaping pressure and making great but manageable scrambles and Brandon Allen is doing good in the short to med range but crap on the long arm, which is just like real life.

I havn't had the sack problem but I will probably kill two birds with one stone by increasing the pass block or lowering the d line aggression through penalty sliders, the QB's ability will go up with less pressure and act more realistic than just upping the QBA...but that is if I have that problem, so far it acts right if I throw nothing but verticals I'm going to get sacks all the time, but if I combat the rush with screens, quick routes and running the ball..I might get sacked once or twice.

Special teams will be changed this set, KOP is already down to 15 on this game, probably going to set it at 20, and punting is going to get a boost for sure, way to low.

Last edited by DonnyARKMac; 07-16-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #54
Rookie

I’ve played 4 games as Texas with the Beta settings. In these I’ve faced a good mixture of teams. Weak, mediocre, and even matchups.

Changes I am considering from the Beta:

Special Teams:
- No changes to KO power. Its seems good to me. My kicker who is pretty good plants them end the endzone most of the time. One was even returned for a TD though Remember the NCAA made a rule change last year to move the spot of the kick up 5 yards to encourage more touchbacks.

- Haven’t decided yet but I may increase punt power for the CPU a tad. My punter seems to nail 40+ yarders most of the time. I kind of like shorter punting as it makes field position battles a key.

- Decrease kicker FG accuracy. I have seen a few missed FGA for the CPU but my kicker nails them every time.

Offense:
- Increase QBA to 10 or 20 for the CPU. They seem to struggle to get 50% completions. It could be their play calling too which I feel a human has an advantage here.
or
- Increase PBK up 10.

Defense:
- TBD

Biggest Issue:
This may be game related (not slider), but but one thing I’d like to see are more big plays.
My longest run is 26 yards.
Longest pass was 47 yards (a screen pass).
It would be nice to see a breakaway play every now and then—have not seen one yet (pass or run).

Overall though I am enjoying this slider set.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #55
Rookie

DonnyARKMac's Arena

Smile Re: Pigpowered Heisman Coach Mode Sliders NCAA14

So guys.. Depending on how this game goes I think I have a perfect final set for yall...

I will also include ways to adjust it to increase your QB ability to have higher completion % without messing with the integrity of the slider set if you chose to.

I think the running game is spot on... I'm trying to run different styles to make sure there is no supreme advantage in the running game.

Thank you to all who have contributed and I'm ready to get these sliders perfected so we can have dynasty's without looking for slider errors and just play some football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #56
Rookie

Awesome can't wait to see what ya got!
I agree, the running game seems to be just right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »