Home

For SERIOUS HEISMAN PLAYERS -XBOX

This is a discussion on For SERIOUS HEISMAN PLAYERS -XBOX within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: For SERIOUS HEISMAN PLAYERS -XBOX

Thx. Most users can't play on this set. Or they won't play on this set because they want to win all the time. You have to expect to lose. It can be frustrating at times. But I would rather win a game that I maybe shouldn't win than beat a team 54-0. I guess everyone likes the game for different reasons. I like it to be as challenging as possible.

In our OD, we jack up two teams on each side of the conference to all 99s on defense. Every attribute is a 99. Which makes the CPU defense insanely fast. The only way to win the conference is to beat all the other users (which is tough with good players) and then beat the jacked up teams as well (which is next to impossible). The users in the OD rarely ever win conference --- last year in multiple OD, a user NEVER won the conference... but it makes for exciting games.

How did your friend do on the sliders?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvlawguy
Thx. Most users can't play on this set. Or they won't play on this set because they want to win all the time. You have to expect to lose. It can be frustrating at times. But I would rather win a game that I maybe shouldn't win than beat a team 54-0. I guess everyone likes the game for different reasons. I like it to be as challenging as possible.

In our OD, we jack up two teams on each side of the conference to all 99s on defense. Every attribute is a 99. Which makes the CPU defense insanely fast. The only way to win the conference is to beat all the other users (which is tough with good players) and then beat the jacked up teams as well (which is next to impossible). The users in the OD rarely ever win conference --- last year in multiple OD, a user NEVER won the conference... but it makes for exciting games.

How did your friend do on the sliders?
i agree 100% with the top paragraph, i think its zero fun to go undefeated yr after yr, i want a challenge every game too, unless i play fcs or umass somone like that, i dont care if i have a losing record at first if i have a weak team, i probably should have a losing record if my team stinks, ive never been able to stay in a dynasty with people on here they either cheat or leave the dynasty, and i get frustrtaed with that, so i just play with a guy i know in person, i do worry about my run stopping ability, cause if u all can stop it ur at a much higher level than i am, or my team just is just terrible, my friend is no were near the level i am, he used wvu against oklahoma and got crushed, i could score, he couldnt even move the ball and got mad, thats why he challenged me, he thought i would get crushed and i did get beat and was never in the game cause they scored early when i was still getting used to the sliders but i was able to move the ball and keep it respectful i lost by 14 but last td came with no time left, he lost by 40 something, i havent played with ur adjustments yet though, i might have to turn my run d up just a tad, im not sure yet, have to play someone at my level team wise
Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartkgr
i agree 100% with the top paragraph, i think its zero fun to go undefeated yr after yr, i want a challenge every game too, unless i play fcs or umass somone like that, i dont care if i have a losing record at first if i have a weak team, i probably should have a losing record if my team stinks, ive never been able to stay in a dynasty with people on here they either cheat or leave the dynasty, and i get frustrtaed with that, so i just play with a guy i know in person, i do worry about my run stopping ability, cause if u all can stop it ur at a much higher level than i am, or my team just is just terrible, my friend is no were near the level i am, he used wvu against oklahoma and got crushed, i could score, he couldnt even move the ball and got mad, thats why he challenged me, he thought i would get crushed and i did get beat and was never in the game cause they scored early when i was still getting used to the sliders but i was able to move the ball and keep it respectful i lost by 14 but last td came with no time left, he lost by 40 something, i havent played with ur adjustments yet though, i might have to turn my run d up just a tad, im not sure yet, have to play someone at my level team wise
We are always looking for players in our OD. We usually play amongst ourselves because we have rules and there is some self-policing required. But everyone follows them and that makes the OD fun. We have competitive games with each other. None of us play online against other users because of the constant cheating and cheese plays... when we find those plays we ban them from use and then its an honor system. Each year something pops up that we ban... but the reality is that if you have to use the cheat plays to win, then you will win at all costs anyway. We have recruiting restrictions, etc. It gives the game a more realistic feel which is what everyone in our OD is looking for. Ive had years where I went 11-2 and some where I've went 7-5 and played in a sub tier bowl. But that is what makes it fun on these sliders. LIke I said, no user has won a conference title on these sliders last season. Im a pretty decent player and Ive lost games by 40 on these sliders. In a twisted way, Ive enjoyed getting beat down by an elite team on the road... Gives me the challenge against those teams 3-4 times a season that makes the game cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvlawguy
We are always looking for players in our OD. We usually play amongst ourselves because we have rules and there is some self-policing required. But everyone follows them and that makes the OD fun. We have competitive games with each other. None of us play online against other users because of the constant cheating and cheese plays... when we find those plays we ban them from use and then its an honor system. Each year something pops up that we ban... but the reality is that if you have to use the cheat plays to win, then you will win at all costs anyway. We have recruiting restrictions, etc. It gives the game a more realistic feel which is what everyone in our OD is looking for. Ive had years where I went 11-2 and some where I've went 7-5 and played in a sub tier bowl. But that is what makes it fun on these sliders. LIke I said, no user has won a conference title on these sliders last season. Im a pretty decent player and Ive lost games by 40 on these sliders. In a twisted way, Ive enjoyed getting beat down by an elite team on the road... Gives me the challenge against those teams 3-4 times a season that makes the game cool.
Do u have to turn off the coach firings since the season is so tough, and the goals are sometimes very very tough to reach?
Old 07-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #13
Rookie

never mind the last question i just found out u cant turn off the coach contracts, i better practice more on these sliders or my but will get fired, lol
Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone seeing any pancake stats?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
Rookie

I havent checked on the pancakes. The user run game is effective if you are a good runner. EA did a tremendous job this year making the run game fluid. I don't like the pancakes much because it takes defenders completely out of the play. I would rather have them pushed back 3-4 yards than de-cleated (which is rare in real life). The one cut run game this year is very effective. As far as CPU running, you have to be a good tackler on these sliders. And you have to run blitz some. Ive had games where I gave up 200 plus rush yards, and games where I gave up under 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »