Home

AA *Hybrid Gameplay* Sliders + Penalties

This is a discussion on AA *Hybrid Gameplay* Sliders + Penalties within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you use auto pass if it eliminated the DB GLITCH?
Absolutely 5 13.89%
Never 24 66.67%
Worth a shot... 7 19.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15
AA *Hybrid Gameplay* Sliders + Penalties

DISCLAIMER
*Please see house rules for proper results for using this slider set. It is my own personal way of playing and enjoying ncaa football that i developed from last year and have tweaked to this years game.

It is strange, possible some may find it stupid, that's ok, bc I love it. It produces proper stats for EVERY FACET of the game from pancakes to comp% to net pun avg to touchbacks on kickoffs to pass defl. everything is covered bc i am that anal about stats.

if you follow and learn the house rules (which are common sense to not entirely exploit the game) and embrace letting your AI players that u worked so hard to recruit do the work and play football, you will be thrilled with the results. If you want to button mash and throw slants up and down the field, then go away

I am posting this bc I always want to see how others enjoy their ncaa... so i figured id do my part in doing such. I have been active in helping other slider makers tweak their sets, so here is my little frankenstein*

First- What is hybrid gameplay?

Hybrid gameplay is a term i came up with for a form of gameplay that:
  • utilizes the auto pass feature for NCAA football
  • is NOT coach mode
  • and allows the user to control certain aspects and players.
  • i only control offenses of both teams, i dont play defense, this keeps the games competitive and allows each team a fair unbiased chance of winning, bc i play that way. what fun is going 12-0 every season?
Why use auto pass? Because it ELIMINATES THE DB GLITCH.

Here are the sliders

PENALTIES: Tested rigorously and tuned for this gameplay set specifically. have had a few holding calls and encroachment. IMPORTANT- IF U CHANGE ONE OF THESE, EVEN ONE CLICK, THEY WILL NOT FUNCTION AS INTENDED.

Offsides - 85
False Start - 85
Holding - 85
Facemask - 56
OPI/DPI - 50
KR/PR - 100
Clipping - 56
Intentional Grounding - 100
Roughing the Passer - 56 - only accept the penalty if there looks to be contact between the defender and wr- simulating a PI call- OR if there is a helmet to helmet looking hit on the qb
Roughing the Kicker - 100

same for human and cpu
they look simple, but since this is hybrid play and the user controls VERY LITTLE (glorified coach mode) the AI really does the leg work and it's quite impressive and realistic. this set will give you high scoring shootouts, defensive battles, fumbles, punt/kr td, everything you want from college football and NO DB GLITCH BC YOURE USING AUTO PASS

Level: ALL AMERICAN
GAME SPEED: NORMAL
QTR LENGTH: 9 MIN
SPEED THRESH: 50

QBA - 10

PBL - 65

WRC - 40- perfect amount of drops and hits to create dropped passes- must be equal to INT slider to allow equal chance of catch and INT

RBA - 50- allows you to distinguish between elite, avg, and poor rb

RBL - 50

PCV -60

INT - 40

RDEF - 50

TAK - 35- you will finally see fumbles, i promise

FGP - 75 ( i super sim my fg and cpu fg to make the kickers ratings matter) if you want to kick your own fg's, that is your prefence to set accordingly)
FGA - 35
PP - 50
PAC - 70
*since i handle punt returns for both teams, this is going to be the cpu kicking, but still set user to the same thing* you will see some really nice punts here from *accurate tendency* punters
KOP - 45- *elite power kickers will get proper touchback stats*

auto subs- all default- optional is HB OUT-84/IN-85

How do I utilize hybrid gameplay? There are some rules which I have fine tuned since NCAA 13. Bold are required for proper function, regular font optional. Here they are:

• I handle all punt and kick returns for BOTH TEAMS since i ONLY PLAY OFFENSE for BOTH TEAMS. this means you must switch pass coverage gameplan to normal (or leave conservative if it becomes set to that)
  • Ask coach on offense and defense (optional but recommended)
  • If two run or two pass plays present themselves, u must pick the majorioty play type. If a screen presents itself in the middle box, you CAN pick it, anywhere else you cannot- same thing for a draw (optional but recommended)
  • You can only run option plays if it is presented in the middle box- if there is more than one, you can pick the one youd like
  • Only use hail marys under 12 seconds to go in each half
  • No 4 verts (not bc the glitch is there, bc its just a dumb play, but feel free to test, it will not be money.)
  • Always call ANY 'setup' play that is presented (optional)
  • I only use hurry up offense under 2 mins in first half and under 4 mins in second half (4 minute offense to end game with the lead)(optional)
  • Exception to above rule- once your opponent has a two or more touchdown lead on you, you can go hurry up to bring it to within 1 touchdown. (optional)
  • On option plays- if the QB keeps or pitches, you do not take control of him- if it is a read option play and you GIVE the ball- you have to take control of the ball carrier bc the cpu will not do it
  • allow all receivers to run after the catch, do not take control (optional)
  • Defense- no switch rule if you choose to play defense- i have not tried playing defense with these so dont get mad if it doesnt work
  • no audibles or hot routes- smart routes only- u may flip the play to a better strength if you wish and motion wr and blockers
  • tip: i recommend keeping blockers in if you sense a blitz
  • you CAN scramble with the qb after 3-4 seconds in pocket or risk a sack or forced pass
  • be sure to switch the pass defense to normal before every drive you go on offense. if it becomes set to conservative, leave it that way.
  • Im sure might have missed something so i will update as i play more games and come across various situations
How to ensure you keep the aggrssive pass slider off
  • before you go to return a kickoff or a punt, switch it off
  • go to settings, control select, switch team to the team going on offense
  • exit to game- hit sim play- then hit the back button so you DO NOT SIM THE PLAY
  • this will keep the pass cover slider set to normal until you sim a fg or do any special teams play.
sure it might be a lot and i could have very well wasted my time typing this all. but i feel a lot better for having shared this. thanks for reading.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

Last edited by Chedapalooza; 07-11-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: AA *Hybrid Gameplay* Sliders + Penalties

Not trolling you ched, but you know where I stand on this...lol
Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Not trolling you ched, but you know where I stand on this...lol
LOL I know. There are NO AA sets. Maybe this is your incentive

But I truly love this way of playing.
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Though a lot of work it looks like an interesting way to play. Good luck.

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-11-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

ive seen Heisman that the db glitch is not as bad so maybe its a problem cuz your on all American
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys60
ive seen Heisman that the db glitch is not as bad so maybe its a problem cuz your on all American
Idk. I've played sets on every level and it's there

But with auto pass it just isnt. Believe me I wish that wasnt the case
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

maybe I will have to try the auto pass instead of coach mode
Old 07-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboys60
maybe I will have to try the auto pass instead of coach mode
Like the poll says, worth a shot...! Lol
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »