Home

For those deciding on which set to use. (Analysis)

This is a discussion on For those deciding on which set to use. (Analysis) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
For those deciding on which set to use. (Analysis)

(I apologize as I typed this on my phone)

If you don't want to try to catch up on hundreds of pages of posts this may be a good place to start.

Each year when I decide which slider set to use as my base I do a quick mathematical analysts of the sets and come up with essentially which set best represents the average.

The consensus this year appears to be:
Heisman on slow speed 8-9 minute quarters.

There a 4 slider sets that meet this criteria. (Those worked on since 7/9/13)

Out of 28 sliders (not counting penalties) the amount of times the sets are closest to average and within 10 points are:
Authentic 19
Charter 16
Secelite 15
Mrprice 10

In actuality though, they are all closer than this appears. And all are on the same track. Charter and sec elite have not done much in terms of looking at penalty sliders. I think this would make them closer to authentics total.

Authentic is using penalty numbers closest to what discussions have garnered.

Based on weighted to the average determination the concensus seems:
(These are not a tested slider set but just a concensus)
Qba 10/10
Pb 50/50
Wr 35/40
Rba 45/50
Rbl 45/40

Pcv 30/35
Int 40/40
Rd 45/55
Tck 40/45

Fgp 40/35
Fga 40/40
Ppw 35/40
Pac 65/65
Kop 40/40

For penalties; authentics thread has done the most analysis and since his are closest to average I'd say theirs are a good base.

As for auto subs, nothing as of yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: For those deciding on which set to use. (Analysis)

Awesome.

Last year I actually did this and used them in my OD and those sliders worked out great for the entire year. We don't make any changes once a season begins so we have a good idea of what needed to be adjusted at the end of each season. However, honestly we really didn't have to make any drastic changes. Maybe a +/- 5 here and there, but that was about it.

I've been thinking out trying out the same thing this year and you just saved me some work.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Rookie

VolinBrazil's Arena

OVR: 0

and for those of us who don't want to play on the slow setting? I think that's a big factor as well, at least for me it is one of the things I factor into choosing my slider set
Old 07-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolinBrazil
and for those of us who don't want to play on the slow setting? I think that's a big factor as well, at least for me it is one of the things I factor into choosing my slider set
I would think that with any slider set your going to end up tweaking it to your likes. From what I've read though it that the game speed does not affect much more than number of plays, the ability to see the animations, and the affect of animation slow down. Of course if you play on normal your going to need to adjust to go with your reflexes.

The good thing with most of the guys who seriously do sliders is they try to be subjective in their observation and not just base sliders on their abilities. They look at the interplay of the "players". A good set of sliders works independent of your skill.

This is also why I look at average when deciding on sliders.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #5
Rookie

skundy's Arena

I have put together a great set of sliders. I won't talk about em here but check out my link and look at the stats for yourselves. If you can give them a go and post your stats, that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

Last edited by skundy; 07-13-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #6
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
I would think that with any slider set your going to end up tweaking it to your likes. From what I've read though it that the game speed does not affect much more than number of plays, the ability to see the animations, and the affect of animation slow down. Of course if you play on normal your going to need to adjust to go with your reflexes.

The good thing with most of the guys who seriously do sliders is they try to be subjective in their observation and not just base sliders on their abilities. They look at the interplay of the "players". A good set of sliders works independent of your skill.

This is also why I look at average when deciding on sliders.
If you use the flexbone or any toss plays, you will see players slow down when catching the pitch on any speed setting slower than normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »