Home

Statistics in Sliders 2014

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2014 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2014

Hey Oraeon!! Good to see you back in the mix! I luv the indepth analysis you give in your assessments of how things work. I just wanted to ask you are you aware of the affect that the penalty sliders have on gameplay? It was discovered last year (I gotta find the thread that addressed this) that the penalty sliders have an affect on in game player reactions and so forth......
Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

I wasn't aware penalty sliders effect players reactions. What is the effect?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #11
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

I have to put together a great set of sliders. I won't talk about em here but check out my link and look at the stats for yourselves. If you can give them a go and post your stats, that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
I wasn't aware penalty sliders effect players reactions. What is the effect?
Oraeon, take a look at this thread (primarily the opening post).

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-included.html

You can ignore the actual sliders; but I have a brief discussion of the effect of the different penalty settings. (I figure that's what you would be interested in anyways).

You may also want to read the threads I hyperlink in the OP of that thread too (even the one on Madden; as the concepts are similar). I would love to have you looking at this further as your research in past games has produced some truly great work.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
Pro

Interesting. It actually makes sense for some of the sliders. I am not sure I buy all the things listed but I will test tonight and see. Offsides and False start in particular are interesting ideas.

1.) Offsides set to 100 makes defenders shed blocks much more efficiently than at 50 or 25.

2.) Clipping at 33 instead of at 50 GREATLY improves the blocking. (Theres actually a video on youtube titled terrible cpu rushing in cc...and he has the clipping at 55 in combination with offsides at 100...this is disaster for the cpu rushing game as the blockers don't seal anybody and if he sets the clipping to 33 with those same sliders the cpu would dominate in the run game.)

3.) Roughing the kicker at 99 greatly reduces the defenses aggressiveness on tackles and leads to many WTF moments where the db will stop and let a receiver run right by them after they make the catch. With this at 25 you will never see that.

4.) Defensive pass interference at 99 instead of 50 speeds up the receivers ability to get into their routes and therefore slows down the time it takes for the routes to develop for the qb.

5.) kick catch interference is very similar to the roughing the kicker slider. IMO its best to find a penalty combination that leaves this at 50 because i believe both of them negatively affect pursuit angles somehow.

6.) intentional grounding- im not sure what this does yet but i would leave it at 50 to be on the safe side so that you don't get any unwanted affects...especially since it never gets called anyway.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Glad to see you back.

Here are some notes I've had since early release.

All testing on all American 50 threshold normal speed

I like grounding at 100 to cause more throw aways or scrambles (lowering comp%)

I have been desperately trying to get accurate comp%. The only things I found that work are frustrating bc it kills the flow of the game with so many dropped passes

I used (same for both)

Qba- 5
Catch -50
Pas cov 50
Int 50
But I set the opi to 50 and dpi to 0

Zero dpi makes the CPU defenders more aggressive to the ball. More swats and hits to jar ball loose.

A higher PI setting will make for very passive players -wr won't 'attack' or fight for the ball in the air and db will not go for ints as much or play tight cov

I also put the catching coach slider to aggressive in Game. This causes more dropped passes- too many tho- even on 50

I like pass block at 65 for use and CPU. Helps AI line pick up blitzes and reveals some nice animations. Still allows for 0-4 sacks per game. Per team avg of 2, usually coverage sacks

Tackle at 35 seems to be the ONLY setting in Whch u will see fumbles- confirmed my Matt10 In gameplay testing

I also set big run to aggressive in coach sliders. This greatly helps the CPU run game. The ball carriers run ANGRY and with a purpose. U will now see more fumbles too as they try to fight for yardage like they have a pair!!!

Home field advantage GREATLY affects ratings. Turning it off allows a much more realistc flow of momentum and hot/cold swings for players. It helps keep the stats and gameplay accurate, as any team affected by HFA will ultimately become inept and just go 3 and out always on offense.

Holding penalty slider affects run blocking- higher = better blocking.

I have offsides and holding set to 85 to create big runs and stuffed runs nice balance

Another potential passing set up is

Qba-10
Catch 40
Pas cov 60
Int 40

Opi 50
Dpi 0
This really helps the QB not to throw off his back foot with that falling away motion animation - but it then becomes way to easy to pass for 60-70%.

I hope u can find a good balance of drops, swats, and throw aways / over /under throws. The potential is here this year.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
Pro

I just tested penalty sliders in game with 2 human controlled teams. It is not possible to really test anything in game unless you control the play calling. I don't really see this as true so far, and it may be that people tried in game against CPU with variable play calling and got random results.

It is true that offsides and false start trigger animations. However, they don't actually result in jumping plays or getting on blocks earlier. In testing with the same play the time to quarterback sack average was ~5 sec regardless of these settings.

Face mask definitely increases the penalty calls and does in fact regularly trigger the face mask penalty (it is triggering an animation). However after 20 run plays per setting and numerous facemask at 100 and none at 0, there was no difference in fumbling or broken tackles between a setting of 0 and 100. This slider does not seem to impact the game.

I still have to check the intentional grounding and pass interference sliders but so far I do agree these sliders trigger animations but don't seem to actually impact CPU controlled player interactions in a meaningful way. After I finish this I will move on to coaching sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #16
Pro

I have finished testing and other than the penalty effects I cannot find any in game impacts of adjusting penalty sliders when controlling for the play calling. Since PI doesn't seem to do anything if anyone wants to make a suggestion based on possible in game effects others have claimed I will make that change despite a lack of evidence. Otherwise in my slider set I will not be making penalty adjustments to try to improve game play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »