Home

Statistics in Sliders 2014

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2014 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #17
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2014

Excellent work as always. Cannot wait for your coaching sliders.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Pass/Run Coaching slider posted on first page.

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 07-14-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #19
Pro

Updated first page. Soon I will be updating recommended coaching defensive slider aggression settings.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #20
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't think 85/86 is working for auto sub running backs. My starter came out w 5 mins left and never came back in
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
I don't think 85/86 is working for auto sub running backs. My starter came out w 5 mins left and never came back in
You may be right. I game test with several first halves rather than full games and won't start dynasty until coaching sliders are done and PS3 roster is released. What would you suggest?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #22
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
You may be right. I game test with several first halves rather than full games and won't start dynasty until coaching sliders are done and PS3 roster is released. What would you suggest?
Call me paranoid but any time I've used auto subs sliders, my frame rate drops midway thru game once players start subbing. It's bizarre. Then when I paused game and went to the strategy > auto subs, and reset it to default, the very next play all was returned to normal so at this time I suggest default settings for it.

Im also fairly certain that particular slider combos turn off in-game stat overlay charts/graphics
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #23
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Been waiting on this!! Always love your detailed testing and reasoning for your adjustments, cannot wait to try out settings.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Interesting. It actually makes sense for some of the sliders. I am not sure I buy all the things listed but I will test tonight and see. Offsides and False start in particular are interesting ideas.

1.) Offsides set to 100 makes defenders shed blocks much more efficiently than at 50 or 25.

2.) Clipping at 33 instead of at 50 GREATLY improves the blocking. (Theres actually a video on youtube titled terrible cpu rushing in cc...and he has the clipping at 55 in combination with offsides at 100...this is disaster for the cpu rushing game as the blockers don't seal anybody and if he sets the clipping to 33 with those same sliders the cpu would dominate in the run game.)

3.) Roughing the kicker at 99 greatly reduces the defenses aggressiveness on tackles and leads to many WTF moments where the db will stop and let a receiver run right by them after they make the catch. With this at 25 you will never see that.

4.) Defensive pass interference at 99 instead of 50 speeds up the receivers ability to get into their routes and therefore slows down the time it takes for the routes to develop for the qb.

5.) kick catch interference is very similar to the roughing the kicker slider. IMO its best to find a penalty combination that leaves this at 50 because i believe both of them negatively affect pursuit angles somehow.

6.) intentional grounding- im not sure what this does yet but i would leave it at 50 to be on the safe side so that you don't get any unwanted affects...especially since it never gets called anyway.
You making all adjustments in OP, or still testing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »