Home

Statistics in Sliders 2014

This is a discussion on Statistics in Sliders 2014 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics in Sliders 2014

How can you set the CPU blocking aggression? Unless it is equal it doesn't help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #42
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
How can you set the CPU blocking aggression? Unless it is equal it doesn't help.
Pause. Go to settings. Controller select. Take
Over CPU team. Click sim play but then cancel it out once u reach the sim screen so it doesn't waste a play. Switch it to aggressive like you're the user then do same controller select process to go back to your team. It will stay set the whole game.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #43
Pro

Ill try it though Im not sure it is worth it. Hopefully they will fix this in the future patch. For now I am getting more realstic stats. However I have adjusted penalty sliders and pass blocking slider.

I also tested making a CPU playbook and editing out the 7 man blitzes and reducing 6 man blitzes. When I stuck that in the defense played much better at default team defensive slider setting. I am debating if it is better to reset the defensive aggression slider which may effect sim stats or if it is better to creat new CPU playbooks without all the 6 and 7 man blitzes. In real life teams blitz 5 a high number of the time (5 men for 5 blockers), but only blitz 6 rarely (5% of all plays vs 20% on default EA aggression sliders). My testing has shown that EA's game blitzes the correct amount of the time at default but blitzes 6-7 man way too often. It really wasn't that hard to fix the playbooks (only took about 10 minutes for 4-3). Just wanted to give a headsup that might be a better way to go.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #44
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

U have the threshold range listed. R u using 60? Or ..
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #45
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

I'm feeling like int at 25 might be better than 20. Too many dropped int that are blatantly bad throws leading to inflated deflection stats
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 02:07 AM   #46
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Also seein way too many sacks at 35. All the sudden. Idk why
UCONN HUSKIES Football
Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Also seein way too many sacks at 35. All the sudden. Idk why
It may be too low. I upped it from 30, but 40 seemed to have too little quarterback pressure. If further testing shows too many sacks for myself I will up to back to 40. I have been playing run heavy teams and getting 2 sacks per game, but against a pass heavy team it may be excessive.

Another option is to lower slider threshold and pass coverage (maybe still not sure how effective this is) and give the CPU more open looks with rushed throws. The CPU mainly gets coverage sacked. It will probably take about 2 weeks of testing to see.

If anyone wants to help setup your sliders the same as the front page but lower threshold to 50 and leave pass block at 35. Play 2 games against a pass heavy team (air raid type team) and post how many sacks there are.

Then leave the sliders like on the front page and leave pass block at 35 and lower coverage to 50.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #48
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
It may be too low. I upped it from 30, but 40 seemed to have too little quarterback pressure. If further testing shows too many sacks for myself I will up to back to 40. I have been playing run heavy teams and getting 2 sacks per game, but against a pass heavy team it may be excessive.

Another option is to lower slider threshold and pass coverage (maybe still not sure how effective this is) and give the CPU more open looks with rushed throws. The CPU mainly gets coverage sacked. It will probably take about 2 weeks of testing to see.

If anyone wants to help setup your sliders the same as the front page but lower threshold to 50 and leave pass block at 35. Play 2 games against a pass heavy team (air raid type team) and post how many sacks there are.

Then leave the sliders like on the front page and leave pass block at 35 and lower coverage to 50.
I played one game on 60 and one on 50. Both against balanced teams Iowa v mich state and South Carolina v North Carolina. UNV Sacked Connor shaw 6 times in one half on 50 thresh. Mich state sacked Iowa QB 6 time in the game. Odd thing- neither UNC nor MSU were sacked or hardly pressured.. Very odd.

On a side- I noticed turning off HFA really keeps games a lot closer regardless of sliders.

I wil say I noticed too little sacks at 40, that is a problem. I wonder how to loosen up coverage. The game with Iowa v MSU at 60 thresh was great it came down to last minute fg, with MSU winning 20-17 bc Iowa missed theirs. QB % were in low 50s. Iowa had 210 rushing yards and MSU only had 90 something

I can post fill stats sometime later on I'm. Not home atm.

Brainstorming, i would say that lowering pass coverage to 70 or 75 from past experience was good. INT's at the 25-30 range for a total of 100 between iNT+coverage. Everything else seems to be going well. Although no ROughing passer at 55 which is a bummer.
UCONN HUSKIES Football

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »