Home

Old 07-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BYU's AA sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbessaay

The only problem I have with yours is your second game in the dynasty, I feel like that score isn't realistic :P

what's your reasoning behind the O/DPI: 0 ? Just curious, i read about penalty sliders affecting the game in ways other than flag frequency but rather the aggressiveness (or lack of) in the players
Hey, we owe that second game after the last few seasons (Really wishing our rivalry was not taking two years off!

In regards to the PI numbers at 0 it makes the defenders play the ball more, getting deflections and breaking things up, seems to help the DB glitch as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbessaay
my qb with an 83 accuracy rating is now 3-16 missing WIDE OPEN receivers by MILES and im not even touching the left stick... this has to be some sort of glitch. its absolutely amazing how disgusting this is. what is BYU's qb accuracy??
I have had some stretches, if I remember Hill and Wilson are pretty close in accuracy, so it may be he is rattled. If you look at my Georgia Tech game here, Taysom Hill started badly and never got it together, it seemed each bad throw led to another. When I subbed Olson in he lit it up and was on target, so it appears something in the game affects the QB nerves. Don't think it can be that big of a coincidence.

Try a couple of short passes (screen, hitch) to settle him down or until you get the feel of it raise the human accuracy to 10, there seems to be a noticeable difference between 5 and 10 and I started both at 10 initially, then dropped it after a few games as I got comfortable.

Above all I think the key thing with human accuracy on 5 is you need to throw on time. If you throw under too much pressure the ball tends to drift off the mark, which is what I was looking for, so I would get passes off quicker. I like that the coverage reads are more realistic for the most part this year and once I got comfortable with that it made a difference.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #10
Just started!

Logan34's Arena

OVR: 2

I am about to start my University of Miami dynasty and being a fan of the All-American setting, I was wondering how these sliders went when playing as a different school. I started one dynasty on the normal All-American setting and it just doesn't feel right to me. I hope these are the right set to go with because I'm ready to get this rolling..
Old 07-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan34
I am about to start my University of Miami dynasty and being a fan of the All-American setting, I was wondering how these sliders went when playing as a different school. I started one dynasty on the normal All-American setting and it just doesn't feel right to me. I hope these are the right set to go with because I'm ready to get this rolling..
I did tests in dynasty mode with a small sample size of schools playing just a few games against each other.

I used Oregon, Georgia State and Stanford

Playing as Oregon I throttled Georgia State (56-17) and lost to Stanford by 3 (38-35) when a game tying field goal hit the upright.

As Georgia State I lost to Oregon handily (41-14) and as Stanford against Oregon it was tied at Halftime 21-21 when I had to stop.

I used these games to fine tune things for my regular dynasty with BYU, but stats and results were what I would expect. Oregon was lethal with the spread option and Stanford good at pounding the ball and the Hogan was above 60% completion % with both me and the CPU playing him.

I know not a big sample outside of BYU, but didn't find any results that I thought were far off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
Rookie

Made one last change to the OP, dropping human run blocking to 25. This set is producing solid results for me in both offline and online dynasty modes.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll give them a try in my AA dynasties that are in year 1. Not happy with human pc and cpu qb accuracy.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
I'll give them a try in my AA dynasties that are in year 1. Not happy with human pc and cpu qb accuracy.
Cool, post some stats, would love some feedback.

Here is my last game vs. Texas in online, got revenge for the tough loss in my offline dynasty
Attached Images
File Type: gif BYU NCAA 2014 Game.gif (123.5 KB, 368 views)
Old 07-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #15
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

This is in an offline dynasty btw and I just jotted down some stats after the game.

Tried them for one AA 8 min game USF (me) vs #3 UL (cpu). I have put threshold at 0 for a couple years now so I just left it there. First quarter human qb accuracy was waaaaay off. Like missing wide open rec by 20 feet. This was a home game, 81 rated qb overall. So I bumped human qb accuracy to 45. These are the only two differences with your settings.

What I noticed most was human DB deflections went way up and this was against Teddy Bridgewater, a 96 rated qb. His stats were

20/35 for 223 yards, 1 TD/ 0 INT, 3 sacks and 10 deflections.

I used USF.and my qb had

14/22 for 275 yards 3 TDs/1 INT and 1 sack. And 2 passes were deflected.

I ended up winning 31 to 10, with a last second FG just for the polls. It was 21-10 at the half. I scored a 4th TD in the 4th quarter.

Both RBs had a upper 3 ypc averages. The game was close almost to the half where I went up two scores, the second one was right before the half. They say the second quarter is the highest scoring one. Each team had 1 penalty.

Some of those deflections of my DBS were missed INTs, some from using Ball Hawk but most weren't. Not sure what to adjust based on that one game. One team had 3 dropped passes, the other 4 so that to me was about right. I was looking for the pass on defense and blitzing so maybe thats why all the deflected passes. Anyway, fun game, an upset. Will try against Houston which just picked me apart with INTs last time I played them on my settings in another dynasty. (everything at 50 for cpu and a few of the penalties you never see called at 100 like, grounding, PI and OPI - which I just found out was probably why my games were screwed up).

BTW, USF in this game has a highly rated DE and decent DL so it can put pressure on the qb.

Last edited by slick1ru2; 07-18-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

I played my opening Michigan dynasty game with these at home against Central Michigan. I don't remember all the stats but I beat them 13-3. I had 2 turnovers in the redzone which kept the score close.

I was only up 6-3 at the half, but I did like the over feel I think total yards were 331 - 153. I had over 100 yards rushing with Toussiant and passing with Gardner was 19/32 for 200+ with 1 int.

I play ND next so should get a better feel, but overall liked them.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »