Home

Old 07-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #17
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: BYU's AA sliders

Also note on my games I am using a created coach starting at 0 so for this game my coach is level 6 and OC are 3 each. My coach tree for the HC have been used for recruiting, the coor points went to recharge.

8 min quarters, AA

#20 USF (6-1) v Houston (3-4)

USF overall B vs Houston B-

I run huddle and UH/CPU runs No Huddle
Again, my difference with the sliders is I have threshold at 0 and User QB at 45.

1st Quarter

USF 14, UH 7

UH scored on a pick 6 I shouldn't have thrown. UH having issues moving the ball. They can pass when I am in man but not as well when blitzing. Other than the pick 6, no issue moving the ball.

USF QB 7/8 110yds 0 sacks (but the pick was due to pressure)
UH QB 6/9 55 yards and 1 sack.

USF RB 10 att 47 yards, 13 longest 26 YAC

USF WR no drops from 7 passes to 3 WR

UH had no rush attempts

UH WR 4 drops, about half were from pressure, one or two true drops.

2nd Quarter

17 usf -14 uh

I am feeling like I can do what I want, stop UH and move the ball. UH finally has s drive that I am having problems stopping and finally on the 1 yard line I get an INT. With under a minute my first play is down field and UH intercepts and when their offense gets the ball they are still in the grove and I can't stop them, the go in for the TD on the short field.

USF QB 11/16 165yds 1 TD 2 INT
UH QB 12/25 165yds 0 TD 1 INT

USF RB 17 att for 74 yds, 13 longest 40 YAC

UH RB 2 att 10yds 1 TD 8 longest 1 YAC

USF still has no drops , 11 catches for 4 wr

UH has 5 drops, 14 catches out of 8 WR. All but one that caught multiple passes have at least 1 drop.

USF DBs have 1 deflection

UH DBs have 3 deflections

3rd quarter

All Hades breaks loose. I stall coming out of the half. UH comes back and scores. My next possession is going well until I throw yet another INT.

USF QB 16/27 227yds 1 TD 3 INT

UH QB 19/32 241yds 1 INT

UH WRs now have a total of 6 drops to 8 WRs

USF has 1 drop to 8 WRs

UH has 5 total pass deflections to 1 for USF

My back is avg 4 ypc on 28 attempts which is high for me. UH back is avg 2.8 yds on 5 attempts

4th quarter

Starts with me down 28 to 17 with the ball almost in their red zone. Had to go for it on 4th and 10 to get to 1st and goal. Takes two rushing attempts to get in and get it to 25 to 28 with a 2pt conv with over 7 minutes left.

UH gets the ball and I get my 2nd and 3rd sacks of the game on their 1st and second downs. They are now 3 and 23. I get the ball on their 34, almost in FG range with 5:26 on the clock. First down, 1 yd run. Second INC pass almost intercepted. 3rd down is a pass to the TE, left wide open due to them blitzing, get to the 18 for a 1st down under 5 min left. RB runs for 7 and then 6 yards, now 1st and goal on 5. On the second play, I toss and get a TD with 3:42 left, up 32-28.

First UH possession after I score, they do a pass under a little pressure with no wr in sight. It was really bizzare because the WR ran off the field and into the players on the sideline, behind the first row and it was like the QB was throwing to him on that route. Second play was a screen that although I was in man burned me. The second was another screen but I put my DL in contain and the DE wrapped him up 8 yards behind the line, remember this team plays no huddle. 2nd down is a long pass down field I almost intercept, should have had the INT. 2:53 on the clock. 3rd down was almiost identical to 2nd. On 4th down and 18 to go with 2:48 they punt. I get the ball on my 29.

My possession starts with the announcers talking about how this SS is kicking my butt. Great.

1st down is a 6 yard run in goal line set. 2nd down stuffed for 2. So now what, its 3 and 6 on my side of the 50? I pitch, which I rarely do anywhere by the red zone and IT WORKS. Suffed on 1st down now its 2 and 9 with 1:47 and UH burns their last time out. 3rd and 1 I get stopped so 4th and 1, they have no TO and 54 sec on the clock. Going to let it tick down and punt.

UH gets the ball on the 25 with 20 sec. 1st down, ball swatted down. 2nd down, sacked by my beast DE Arron Lynch...GAME OVER!!!

USF wins 32-28 in a very exciting game. I had my doubts early, thought it would be easy. Nope.

Team Stats

USF 24 first downs, 422 total OFF, 46 rushes for 163yds and 3 TDs
18 of 32 and 1 TD for 259 passing yds and 3 INTs
2 punts avg 33 yds
no penalties for either side

UH was 14 first downs for 246 total offense, 10 rush attempts for -8 yards (sacks) 254 passing yards. 1 interception

USF's Rb 3.7 ypc, 13 longest, 65 YAC

UH rv 3.5 ypc 8 yards longest 7 YAC

UH had 7 drops to USF's 2

USF had 3 deflectios to UH's 6.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone seeing any pancake stats?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovillarr13
Anyone seeing any pancake stats?
I am in the second quarter against Memphis, up 28-0 and I have 1, 12 minutes into the game.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #20
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Some good looking sliders BYU 14. The stats from your latest game vs Texas look really good, especially the output & balance the CPU had.

How are your interceptions for your user team? I ask because I've been getting way too many picks. I have my user INT at 0, and I've subtracted 50 attribute points from all my DB's for Catch, CIT, and SPC. Even doing that, I still had a DB with 2 int's tonight in a narrow victory over Auburn. I don't mind about 1 pick per game, but I'm dumbfounded that I can set INT to zero, and hamstring my DB's like that and still get picks so consistently!

I need to continue to lower my RBA and Run blocking down lower toward where you have yours.

18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Some good looking sliders BYU 14. The stats from your latest game vs Texas look really good, especially the output & balance the CPU had.

How are your interceptions for your user team? I ask because I've been getting way too many picks. I have my user INT at 0, and I've subtracted 50 attribute points from all my DB's for Catch, CIT, and SPC. Even doing that, I still had a DB with 2 int's tonight in a narrow victory over Auburn. I don't mind about 1 pick per game, but I'm dumbfounded that I can set INT to zero, and hamstring my DB's like that and still get picks so consistently!

I need to continue to lower my RBA and Run blocking down lower toward where you have yours.

Thanks

I had it at 35 initially and thought I was getting too many, but 30 seems about right now for the way I play. I noticed that when controlling a defender picks seemed too easy, so now I don't control a player when the other team has the ball. I will do pre-snap adjustments on D, but once the play starts all AI.

I can't say for sure, but in addition to seemingly helping the DB glitch, I think PI sliders at 0 result in more swats. It is hard to say that is definitive, but I have definitely noticed more with the PI at 0 and letting the AI run my defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #22
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

To me, the CPU QB accuracy seems a little too low and the human a little too high. I've played 2 games as underdogs and won. It initially wasn't easy, but once I figured out what the CPU was going to do, it got easier. I played as Minn against Wisconsin in a home game and won. Wisconsin would run 90% of the time. Then I beat Stanford as Cal in an away game. Stanford ran a lot too. And I simply destroyed Memphis with USF, scored over 60 points.

I think its close but I am getting the feeling that I probably can't be beat even when outgunned. I've seen the CPU make a pass that would have been a first down or key to a turn around but was either a wild throw or dropped. I've been able to make some incredible passes. That seems to happen almost too much with quality QBs and WRs and the pinpoint passes too much.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
To me, the CPU QB accuracy seems a little too low and the human a little too high. I've played 2 games as underdogs and won. It initially wasn't easy, but once I figured out what the CPU was going to do, it got easier. I played as Minn against Wisconsin in a home game and won. Wisconsin would run 90% of the time. Then I beat Stanford as Cal in an away game. Stanford ran a lot too. And I simply destroyed Memphis with USF, scored over 60 points.

I think its close but I am getting the feeling that I probably can't be beat even when outgunned. I've seen the CPU make a pass that would have been a first down or key to a turn around but was either a wild throw or dropped. I've been able to make some incredible passes. That seems to happen almost too much with quality QBs and WRs and the pinpoint passes too much.
I would drop human QBA to 10 and raise CPU to 15 (Though I have had the CPU complete 70% on me a couple of times with 10) You two studs on the DL probably help too. I think 45 is going to be too high on AA and I did notice a difference between 10 and 5 for human. I will test this later myself.

One thing I don't want to do is drop pass coverage, I think 70 is absolute minimum on AA, 65 and guys are running free everywhere.

First post updated with alternate set
Old 07-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #24
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

I am trying the next game at user qb accuracy at 30 and cpu at 20. And the cpu fg kickers are way too good still, making 50 yard kicks. I have yet to see Ice the Kicker come on either.

I suck at passing so I need more help. lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »