Home

Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game

This is a discussion on Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Great post, but for pass interference, I would think the higher it is the more aggressive the db would be in coverage, which would trigger the penalty. Same for OPI. I haven't tested it though.
You would think so, based on the description of the slider in the game....a lot of different theories on this one

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hello!!

It looks like a good penalty slider set is the key !! Sorry for asking again but, for the CPU to take better angles we DECREASE the slider right?

Higher: For whatever reason that only deities and whoever programmed this game knows, this seems to impact overall pursuit in all phases and activities in the game, decreasing it because...I don't know. It impacts more than just kicking situations. Perhaps it's a proxy for all late hit type penalties, like if you hit stick someone near the boundary. I actually got called for that recently.

I would understand that a higher setting decreases overall pursuit, which makes the Running game easier.

Yesterday played at 37 and it was more difficult to run then next game at 63 and ran over 250 yds.. so maybe 45-50 should be the best setting.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
Rookie

Mick-S's Arena

OVR: 0

I realise that you have tested this, but where is the logic, from EA`s point of view, to have the Roughing the Kicker slider have anything to do with the running game, baffles me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick-S
I realise that you have tested this, but where is the logic, from EA`s point of view, to have the Roughing the Kicker slider have anything to do with the running game, baffles me.
hahaha... dont try to understand!! it just works that way!!!!

For example, I am hearing that if you lower the "Pass Blocking" slider, then the Qbs are less accurate... when there is a slider called "Pass Acc".

hahaha!!!!

Its wierd, but if it works, it works!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #13
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Are you working on a penalty slider set Ched? Curious to see results.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints21
Hello!!

It looks like a good penalty slider set is the key !! Sorry for asking again but, for the CPU to take better angles we DECREASE the slider right?

Higher: For whatever reason that only deities and whoever programmed this game knows, this seems to impact overall pursuit in all phases and activities in the game, decreasing it because...I don't know. It impacts more than just kicking situations. Perhaps it's a proxy for all late hit type penalties, like if you hit stick someone near the boundary. I actually got called for that recently.

I would understand that a higher setting decreases overall pursuit, which makes the Running game easier.

Yesterday played at 37 and it was more difficult to run then next game at 63 and ran over 250 yds.. so maybe 45-50 should be the best setting.
It's either 50 or 100. At this point I can't really tell. I did lot of testing last night and of forced to give an answer I would have to say inconclusive. When such an instance arises, I say leave it at default 50. The problem with any sliders including penalties is that the most minor tweak of one can influence x making of the others... This creating some elusive chase and manhunt for an understanding. U start putting bandages on top of bandaids and soon u have to take them all off and start from scratch. Just when I think I've solidified a set, something rears its head. I won't give up bc this is the only game I own and enjoy playing. I will settle, but I think it's going to take a patch and knowing that the game is finalized before I can even really
Trust what in seeing. For all we know they could be fixing xyz and influencing the way penalties sliders work.. We simply don't know. I'm at a loss for RTK, GROUNDING, and false start / off sliders. Bc although the latter two r hardly called, they affect blocking and block shedding/ line animations and effectiveness.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

It's amazing what a tangled web years and years of whacky coding have made the sliders at this point of this gen

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #16
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Are you working on a penalty slider set Ched? Curious to see results.
Yes my gameplay sliders r finalized until patch. I really understand how they are working this year. What baffles me is how different pen slides are affecting the Same damn gameplay sliders.

Now I'm not even sure if grounding should be 0, 100, or 50 I do not believe in obscure numbers like 34.. C'mon now. These penalty sliders work on a pretty massive scale meaning one or two clicks won't do a damn thing (exception for clipping, facemask, and RTP)
Other wise I recommend using increments of 0, 50, and 100.

A sweet spot for realistic Line play is 85 for offsides and false starts.
But I've had good experiences with 90-95 as well. It's really going to take a lot of work that I don't feel is worth it until ea releases patches
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »