Home

Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game

This is a discussion on Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #41
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Roughing kicker slider undoubtedly controls running game

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Is anyone noticing if this has any effect on the zone coverage because that's where the coverage problems are...
Apologies about the double post...I should have just multi quoted...

Anyway:

From what I've seen (and read) DPI in the 0 to 25 range really helps Man...

Zone is still weak, but the lower you go on the INT slider helps...

I have mine set at 20 with 80 PRC...

You can also set zone coverage in the adjustment section to Aggressive...the deep zones are suspect, but the buzz and drop zones and the zone play of the LBs is much better...

You have to use ALL of it to make this "Balancing Act" balance...

Sliders / Penalties / Adjustments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 38

Whats everyone doing with there gameplay sliders?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Apologies about the double post...I should have just multi quoted...

Anyway:

From what I've seen (and read) DPI in the 0 to 25 range really helps Man...

Zone is still weak, but the lower you go on the INT slider helps...

I have mine set at 20 with 80 PRC...

You can also set zone coverage in the adjustment section to Aggressive...the deep zones are suspect, but the buzz and drop zones and the zone play of the LBs is much better...

You have to use ALL of it to make this "Balancing Act" balance...

Sliders / Penalties / Adjustments
So why would lowering the INT slider ever make a defense play better?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #44
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarre85
So why would lowering the INT slider ever make a defense play better?
The theory is that this slider makes the LBs play smarter in the buzz / flat / short zones...

The names of these sliders and penalty sliders are misleading, in that they all have multiple impacts...

Like CTH, for instance...it's not just a "drop versus catch" slider, it also impacts route running...

I appreciate the fact that you're looking for conclusive / definitive answers to what each element of customization brings, but in the past decade of debating this stuff in both the NCAA and Madden sections of this board, I've come to the opinion that...

Well, it's ALL opinion...

All you can go by is what you personally see and experience and factor the posters and posts you feel are seeing / experiencing something similar...

As much as these titles frustrate the heck out of me, I've also come to enjoy "the puzzle" which we need to solve BEFORE we get to play football!

Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #45
Rookie

trrt's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
The theory is that this slider makes the LBs play smarter in the buzz / flat / short zones...

The names of these sliders and penalty sliders are misleading, in that they all have multiple impacts...

Like CTH, for instance...it's not just a "drop versus catch" slider, it also impacts route running...

I appreciate the fact that you're looking for conclusive / definitive answers to what each element of customization brings, but in the past decade of debating this stuff in both the NCAA and Madden sections of this board, I've come to the opinion that...

All you can go by is what you personally see and experience and factor the posters and posts you feel are seeing / experiencing something similar...

As much as these titles frustrate the heck out of me, I've also come to enjoy "the puzzle" which we need to solve BEFORE we get to play football!

HAHA great response!! I have a real love and hate relationship with this puzzle you speak of
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

I very much appreciate your attitude and optimism here. I just can't accept it for myself, though. Here is the thing-- this game was created by smart people.

The catch slider makes sense. Move it up, player ratings for catch and route running go up, move it down, player ratings for catch and route running go down. Sliders effect player ratings (this is really the only way to program, otherwise they would have to have a duel artificial intelligence system, which no one really thinks they use). So, how does the INT slider make sense from the perspective of the smart people who created this game?

It has to effect player ratings just like the catch slider, the pass D slider, the block sliders, etc. So what ratings would it logically affect? If I had to guess, I'd say defensive catch ratings. That's it. Defensive man coverage, zone coverage, and press are probably effected by the Pass D slider.

That's why I'm having a hard time believing that "lowering" INT makes anything "higher," like the ability for a LB to perform in zone coverage would be "higher." I think you have to give EA more credit than that. These developers have college degrees and get paid to do this full time. No competition yah yah, but seriously, they wouldn't be so dumb as to actually reverse any of these sliders....
Old 08-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #47
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

These are great so far. But what can I do about TE's burning my LB's every play? Whenever I watch a replay, the TE goes one direction and my LB goes the other. It's the only thing left that bothers me.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #48
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
As usual, the slot and TE ate me up with out routes even though I had a good play call and knew it was coming
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1375389422381.jpg (169.1 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1375389439118.jpg (142.6 KB, 111 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »