Home

Patch the Defense Slider Project

This is a discussion on Patch the Defense Slider Project within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Rookie

IrishBengals6's Arena

OVR: 2
Patch the Defense Slider Project

NEED TESTERS

Intro: One thing we may all find frustrating on of NCAA is defense. I am pained not only to discover my porous defense, but also the CPU. Often the approach to making slider sets is a 0 base approach. I am using a similar technique. However, I will start off putting all slider options (save a couple to make game playable) in favor of the defense. Then we will work out from there.

House Rules (rules in game): 1. No switching mid air. 2. No using dline until pass block slider is tuned.

Gameplay Options:
Skill: Offense: Heisman Defense: All-American
Gamespeed: Normal
Threshold: 50
Quarter Length: 8-9 min

Game Rules: (thanks to author of split sliders)
Offsides: 100
False Start: 100
Holding:55
Facemask:55
OPI: 0
DPI: 0
KR Int: 55
Clipping:55
INT Grounding: 65
Roughing the Passer: 50
Roughing the Kicker: 0

Sliders:
QB Accuracy: 5/10
Pass Block: 40/40
WR Catching: 30/40
RB Ability: 45/50
Run Blocking: 0/0
Pass Coverage:0/0
Interceptions: 40/40
Rush Defense: 70/100
Tackling: 45/50

Special Teams:
FG Power: 40/35
FG ACC: 0/45 (still insanely accurate)
Punt Power: 35
Punt ACC: 65
Kickoff Power: 50/45
Auto Subs: Your own preference.

TESTERS: To test, choose either away or home team then randomize both. So you'll be able to play with a variety of teams, talents, and playstyles. Post box scores along with other input on possible changes.

These will take a lot of work so I cannot do them by myself. Thank you all for your hardwork and time.

Checklist
1. Tune interceptions. (1-3 a game)
2. Tune pass blocking. (Need to find balance between good stats and realism in which sacks occur.
3. CPU QB ACC. (5 works best but some teams use it and they are just plain awful)
4. Tune WR catching. (Find the equalibrium where bad WR drop passes but still is playable)
5.Defensive difficulty. (Heisman or All American)
6. Find lowest possible RBA setting that doesnt give "stuck in mud" glitch.

GOAL: To seperate the men from the boys. Teams with dominate defenses will dominate on that side and vis versa, while remaining challenging. Teams like Alabama when playing teams like Georgia State (even when usered) should allow no more than 14 points unless they play out of here minds or have great luck.

Problems:
1. This is not a problem with the sliders but with NCAA in general. Air Raid teams feel unguardable. This is mostly due to the faults (lets not call it broken which emphasise the game is unplayable) in zone coverage.

Reccomendation: I highly reccomend using Yukon46 roster file. Especially if your playing dynasty.

Edit: Cannot seem to find the RBA level that gets rid of "stuck in mud" glitch. Right when I think I have it I'm wrong.
MLB- Cardinals

Last edited by IrishBengals6; 07-24-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Slider Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Patch the Defense Slider Project

I don't believe the pass coverage slider is reversed, I just think it doesn't work. I have videos of running the same play against the same defense on a variety of settings and the results are, almost entirely, the same. To me it's more placebo than anything. I put it on 35 and had good games so I just kept it there. So I guess, in that sense, it is "reversed," in the sense that, for me, 35 played better than 50, but zero, FOR ME, definitely played worse than 35. So, who knows. Just my observations.

Not saying don't put it at zero, I don't feel there is a best setting for that slider at this point. Whatever setting makes you feel the defense plays better, go for it, but I definitely think this year more than ever it's just a broken slider. I don't think it does what we think it is supposed to do.

I wish you the best of luck, slider making can be frustrating! I will look forward to seeing what you end up with.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

Pass coverage isn't reversed but I can tell you that DPI/OPI at zero and pass coverage at 0 is a great combo. I use it in my set with pass coverage 0 for both user and cpu and get great results. Very rarely does a qb user or cpu complete over 70%, good qbs are usually in the mid 60%.

You will also want to increase user pass blck to atleast 5 and cpu to atleast 25 or its gonna be a sackapalooza and with qba and wr catch so low there will be a ton of incomplete passes. Also with running back ability set so slow you might "bogged down" rb effect.

Rush D also works well at 0 for both user and cpu.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 07-22-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Rookie

IrishBengals6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I don't believe the pass coverage slider is reversed, I just think it doesn't work. I have videos of running the same play against the same defense on a variety of settings and the results are, almost entirely, the same. To me it's more placebo than anything. I put it on 35 and had good games so I just kept it there. So I guess, in that sense, it is "reversed," in the sense that, for me, 35 played better than 50, but zero, FOR ME, definitely played worse than 35. So, who knows. Just my observations.

Not saying don't put it at zero, I don't feel there is a best setting for that slider at this point. Whatever setting makes you feel the defense plays better, go for it, but I definitely think this year more than ever it's just a broken slider. I don't think it does what we think it is supposed to do.

I wish you the best of luck, slider making can be frustrating! I will look forward to seeing what you end up with.
Intersing thoughts. Hopefully with the bettr specs on the new console we can see some cleaner coding, thus making sliders do what they actually say. What I personally want to see is a completely attribute sliders. So a slider serting for each attribute whih either amplifies or diminishes the ratings for that player. Also would like to see it subdivided into player positions. Example: DT Blockshed, DE Blockshed, etc...
MLB- Cardinals
Old 07-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

IrishBengals6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
Pass coverage isn't reversed but I can tell you that DPI/OPI at zero and pass coverage at 0 is a great combo. I use it in my set with pass coverage 0 for both user and cpu and get great results. Very rarely does a qb user or cpu complete over 70%, good qbs are usually in the mid 60%.

You will also want to increase user pass blck to atleast 5 and cpu to atleast 25 or its gonna be a sackapalooza and with qba and wr catch so low there will be a ton of incomplete passes. Also with running back ability set so slow you might "bogged down" rb effect.

Rush D also works well at 0 for both user and cpu.
Yeah I know what your aaying about sacks. For now im just starting minimums so I can see what im looking at and make adjustments from there. Basically starting with beast defense and going from that point trying to tame it.
MLB- Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #6
Rookie

IrishBengals6's Arena

1st game stats. Only change is 5 CPU QB acc and 5 CPU pass block.

Boston College (me) / Auburn: Q1: 0/0 Q2: 3/9 Q3: 0/11 Q4: 14/3

Passing:

C. RETTIG: 15/22 2TD 3INT 158 YD SACKED 5 TIMES (BC)

J. WALLACE 21/29 201 YD 2TD 1 INT SACKED 2 TIMES (Auburn)

Rushing:

WILLIAMS: 21 CARRIES 114 YD (BC)

RETTIG 11 CARRIES -1 YD

MASON 24 CARRIES 106 YDS (Auburn)

Wallace 8 CARRIES 9 YDS

ARTIS APYNE 4 CARRIES 21 YDS

AUBURN: 337 yds total offense
BC: 271 yds total offense

Thoughts: I had no structure on defense and Auburn runs hurry up so thats why their numbers are high for this set. Defense for the first rime feels possible. I dont feel like im hoping for them to mess up. Sacks are a big problem obiously. CPU passing offense was great. Also I RREALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET BOX SCORE TEMPLATE.
MLB- Cardinals
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

http://dynasties.operationsports.com...1&sport=ncaafb

For the box scores. someone made my life so much easier by linking this for me the other day as I had no idea it was there. Hope it helps.

I started with just about everything at 0 and built them up if you want to take a look at my sliders and stats to add to your research.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
Rookie

IrishBengals6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
http://dynasties.operationsports.com...1&sport=ncaafb

For the box scores. someone made my life so much easier by linking this for me the other day as I had no idea it was there. Hope it helps.

I started with just about everything at 0 and built them up if you want to take a look at my sliders and stats to add to your research.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
Thanks! And Ive already taken a look at your set. Put my pass blocking were yours is at. Got a long way to go. Thanks foe that link!
MLB- Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »