Home

NCAA 14: Clemsonpanther Heisman. PLEASE TEST.

This is a discussion on NCAA 14: Clemsonpanther Heisman. PLEASE TEST. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA 14: Clemsonpanther Heisman. PLEASE TEST.

Version one now has no explainations, but is posted at the bottom of the page. Version two is the one I'm using (dynasty) and is way better.

Clemsonpanther's Heisman Slider Set (Fixes most game problems)

this has WAY more in depth explainations, with less obnoxiousness than before!

if i CAPS something it's because its important not because im yelling at you

I gave up on NCAA 14 for a couple of months and then I picked it up and tried these sliders. Even though they are on Heisman, defense is good and it is actually fun to play. DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE SET IF ONE SETTING IS OFF. TWEAK THESE TO YOUR PREFERENCE.

Testing Conditions: 4 Games of Dynasty as Clemson (vs Georgia, NC State, Southern California, and Boston College. I played them all in clear conditions because I personally hate rain games this year.

Adjustments: All on Balanced except for tempo (aggressive)

Sliders (2.0) (For you I just want to play and not read guys):

Offensive Skill: Heisman
Defensive Skill: Heisman
User User Skill: Heisman
Injuries: Off
Fatigue: On
Quarters: 8 Minutes
Play Clock: On
Game Speed: Normal
Speed Threshold: 28*
HFA: Off

*I don't know why this works, but it does. Sammy Watkins will outrun guys Adam Humphries won't, and coverage is good. DO NOT TOUCH IN A MAJOR WAY

Penalties: (DO NOT TOUCH, ELSE THE SET IS RUINED)*:

Unless mentioned, they are zero.
Offsides 35
False Start 35
Facemask 10
KR INT 70
IG 50
RTK 25

*for the past two years this has been the case. This is how you get physical football with smart D, is to not have many penalties (programming issues).

USER

QBA: 5
PB: 20
WRC: 95
RBA: 50
RB: 65
PCV: 10
INT: 40
RDEF: *45, 65* Read explaination, it is MANDATORY
TACK: 55
FGPW: 55
FGA: 50
PPW: 50
PPA: 50
KOP: 35

CPU

QBA: 5
PB: 15
WRC: 50
RBA: 50
RB: 45
PCV: 40
INT: 35
RDEF: *45, 55* Read explaination, it is MANDATORY
TACK: 55
FGPW: 80
FGA: 40
PPW: 45
PPA: 50
KOP: 40

Warnings and Explainations

Animations: You will see hits of all kinds. Flips are a common occurance that are cool to see. I user catch, and will make some sick catches as well as drop simple passes. When I'm not user catching, the animations are less spectacular but still good. Running is fun to watch, as sometimes you can evade the tackler and other times he will get you. Deflections are a common occurance (but not everpresent) and the DB will make some cool mostly realistic moves. If you're not careful, you will get picked off in spectacular (but not unhumanlike) catches. If you like to see defenders lay the wood, then this set is for you. DEFENSE WILL BE PHYSICAL. The DBs are aggressive and will make you drop the ball (more so vice versa), so you are never sure he's got it.

Passing for the Human: At 5, your QB will have a wildly varying completion percentage that hovers around the 50% mark. At 10, he will be too accurate, so 5 is best. Slants are a 2/3 success pass (at minimum) so you can use them, but if you are a strict sim guy you might want to limit your use of these.
Outs are similar but the CPU can defend them better if their playcall is right (zone not man). Flys and Streaks will either be mostlysuccessful or result in a deflection or a pick. If it gets to be too easy, regulate yourself. I get tempted into throwing Sammy Watkins bombs sometimes and if its a bad decision I will pay. Posts and Corners are not OP, but often successful. You may abuse these routes because they are open or they may be shut for you, depending on how you play.

PBL for the Human: At 15, I had 26 sacks in 3 games. Some of it was scrambling and holding too long, but I upped it to 20 and it is not nearly as bad. The pocket will form (as well as it can on current gen) and you can pass out of it. The RDE does get too many sacks but thats the way this game is, and I can't fix it. This is one you will be more likely to tweak, because this relies on your brain and not a computer setting (how fast you make your reads), in order to get realistic sack numbers

WRC for the Human: There aren't many drops at 85, so this is one that I'd like people to help test. The catches you can make are great, and the mistakes you can make are great. This is another one that relies on humans and you will be more likely to change. I was playing as Clemson with some of the best WRs and QBs in the country, so that may have something to do with it. (3 WRs with 97 + speed my rosters). You will drop some when hit however. RBs will differ from WRs and TEs in catching, especially when not wide open.

RBA for the Human: I base my entire set around this because this will make RBs the most realistic. AD would be different from CJ2K (when he was good) than Jamal Lewis and so on (if they were in the game). I have Roderick McDowell, and he is a decent back (88ish OVR) who does many things well but nothing spectacular, and it shows. He can catch, but not like a WR, and you will see that in this game. He will drop ones and not attempt catches that Watkins would. This impacts tackling and other sliders so DO NOT TOUCH THIS SLIDER. The RBs are fun to run with and can have great runs without everybody or nobody be good or bad. WRs and TEs (yes this affects how they run after the catch) will attempt to break tackles, and will do so occasionally depending on the type of tackle and their ratings and their positioning. It is not OP however. QBs will break some tackles without being insane (I'm playing Tennessee next game so I'll update this (who has Worley who for some reason shreds me and breaks my tackles).

RB for the Human: THIS CAN BE TWEAKED, AND ID LIKE HELP TO TEST THIS OUT. At 65, runs can go for 60 yards (very rare), 10 yards (semi common), 5 yards, 2 yards, no yards, or negative yards. Now I feel the Maryland I is money with this setting, so I'm thinking about outlawing it or lowering the setting, (but the outside runs feel great). I also need help to test how the option is (good or bad) with this slider.

PCV for the Human: This could be tweaked to make it better but I don't know if it would work, THIS IS A TWEAKABLE SLIDER. Sometimes no one is open, other times 1-2 is open (usually) and it takes a real breakdown for more than 3 guys to be open (except on slants, and that is discussed earlier). Zone is more consistent than man, and zone is usually decent (nothing compared to NCAA 12 but playable). Man is more inconsistent and won't work on certain routes (outs, slants). Man is playable with this set. I wouldn't play 2 Man under the whole game, I'd send at least 4 if not 5 if I was using MCV. But bring the heat and MCV can be great (until the QB gets used to it).

INTs for the Human: 40 is about right, you will see 1 pick per 5ish deflections. this could be bumped but I get a decent amount of picks a game (1-3). Granted Clemson (in game ratings) is no Bama (even though we were great this year in front 7). THIS IS A TWEAKABLE SLIDER.

RDEF for the Human: This is fun. There are two numbers for a reason, THIS IS TWEAKABLE BUT READ INSTRUCTIONS. 45 is for teams that run a traditional offense (a la Georgia, USoCal, and Boston College. They can run shotgun, but not much option for this number (45). 55 (this one may need to be raised) is for teams like NC State, Auburn, etc. that run a lot of option. Since the option is OP, you need to tame it without killing it.

ST for the Human: Punting feels great, and I don't plan on tweaking it. Kicking does also, except I may up the power. If you are a great kicker lower KAC. Kickoffs are great because KICK RETURNS EXIST this year, as oppossed to real life. I may down HUMKOP to 35, but I doubt it.

CPU Explainations:

Passing for the CPU: The CPU throws away a ton (esp Aaron Murray) but thats nothing I can help without messing with penalties or QBA which would ruin other parts of the game. The CPU will usually stay within 20 yards, but I had Chase Rettig stand outside the pocket and take a monster hit to deliver a pass to a done with his route WR named Spiffy, complete for 48 yards. The CPU will bomb it if open, but its not often. The CPU may miss short routes from time to time which is good (for this year, because of programming). I think I've got it as good as I can get it. CPU hovers around 50% with outliers being a 10/10 USC QB until I pressured him to go down to 18/30 (ish )by the end of the game. It's not great, (ultra realistic) but its as close as I can get.

PBL for the CPU: They will surrender sacks at times, from all four positions (what a SHOCK). However the RDE is still the best, so move your best DE to RE and switch the other to LE on the depth chart to make it semi realistic, or rotate them for even sack numbers. The CPU will get rid of it often, but you will get more sacks late in the game.

WRC for the CPU: At 45 they dropped too many so I changed it to 50 and it was better. Its not perfect, and could use tweaking, but they hold on more now. I may move it to 55.

RBA for the CPU: This is like the Human RBA. CPU RBs seem a little generic, but not much.

RBK for the CPU: This may need to be upped a tick for a traditional rushing team, but its good so far.

PCV for the CPU: THIS NEEDS TESTING FOR POSSIBLE TWEAKING. Combined with HUM QBA, this presents a challenge. CPU DBs aren't psychic but they are smart.

INTs for the CPU: THIS MAY NEED TO BE BUMPED UP to 40. At 35 there are more Pdefs than picks, which is okay. I feel there may be too many drops, but I'm not sure. You WILL PAY if you mess up enough times.

RDEF for the CPU: THIS IS TWEAKABLE. Im leaving it for now and will tweak with the human first. I think sometimes they are too dumb, but just when I think that theyll stuff me for -2 yards, and when I think theyre smare theyll surrender an 8 yard or 20 yard run with awful blockshedding. (will tweak RBK for the Hum first).

TACKLE for the CPU: I may want to change it, but I like it a lot so far.

CPU ST: Its decent, I like having room to return punts and kicks. I need the CPU to make most kicks without it being automatic or all kickers be Matt Prater or Janikowski or Dustin Hopkins, which is really hard to do.

These are better than my first set, and mostly a bit harder. Enjoy! If you want to test to help out post or shoot me a PM. Id like people to test different teams (besides Clemson) with varying matchups and styles to help me troubleshoot.

Version One

Cp 14

Penalties: Unless mentioned, they are zero.
Offsides 35
False Start 35
Facemask 10
KR INT 70
IG 50
RTK 25
Speed normal, threshold 0.

User Sliders:

QB Accuracy: 20 (I now have it at 15)
Pass Blocking: 10
WR Catching: 95
RB Ability: 50
Run Blocking: 65
Pass Coverage: 10
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 50
Tackling: 55

CPU:

QB Accuracy: 5
Pass Blocking: 15
WR Catching: 45
RB Ability: 45
Run Blocking: 50 I think.
Pass Coverage: 50. (30)
Interceptions: 40
Rush Defense: 40
Tackling: 55

Special Teams Explaination:
Ratings do not factor into STs (KPW specifically) at all this year, I took Ohio States kicker and UL Lafayette's kicker and went into practice mode. The ULL and the OSU kicker kicked with the same amount of power, regardless of the players KPW. Accuracy doesn't matter that much, but more testing is needed on that. For the user, I tried to kick a 60 yarder with OSU, and it failed every time on 50. On 60 this also occurred. The ULL kicker on 50 was barely making 47 yarder a which he shouldn't have been making (KPW 98 OSU 76ish ULL). Therefore this will be difficult, and will need testing, specifically FGPW and PPW.

User Sliders:
KPW: 100, needs testing.
KAC: Needs testing, I have it at 30. may need to lower.
PPW: 40, I averaged 40 to 41 ypp.
PAC: 50, feels good on default.
KOP: 45, or 50. 45 if you like returns like me (like the old 30yd rule, 50 if you like the 35yd and more touch backs.)

CPU:
KPW: NEEDS TESTING, 20 for bad KPW, 50 for good KPW right now.
KAC: 50, needs testing.
PPW: 50, they average about 40-45 ypp.
PAC: 50, feels good.
KOP: 45, or 50. 45 if you like returns like me (like the old 30yd rule, 50 if you like the 35yd and more touch backs.

Last edited by Clemsonpanther; 02-02-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: complete overhaul, new and improved (tweaks) and better explainations for V2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

Re: NCAA 14: Clemsonpanther Heisman. PLEASE TEST.

I just played two games as Clemson. I beat Georgia 38-24 (Two TDs in the last minute, I scored 31 points in the 4th.) I stopped them on the one yard line one time for no points, then they went for a 4th and forever while ahead for no reason and I stopped that. Then I beat Tennessee 35-9, but it was closer than it looked. I picked off the QB at the 5 yard line, leading to a 19 play, 95 yard, almost 6 minute scoring drive.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 25
Hmmmm. Give them a whirl
Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

We are currently testing RBA in relation to QBA
Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll try them, I cannot get a competitive game to save my life. Hopefully ur sliders can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

I've had them so far for the most part, when the ratings are near even, of course.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #7
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

I had 2 instant classics: 21-17 win vs UMASS and a 34-31 last second FG win over WKU. I was a 65OVR team builder, but both games could've gone either wa. One game I shredded them passing with only 90yds rushing, next I didn't pass much, but ran for over 200 yards, a traditional running, and option mix. This set can give you shoot outs, or low scoring games, blowouts, most anything.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
After testing quite a bit. Hybrid Varsity is still the better option....

Got a nice mish mash set currently...
Post in a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »